Etsy Newbie - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 04-09-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Etsy Newbie

Hi,

BORING PART

I'm not new to making money online but I'm a complete Etsy newbie. I went through their TOS, Help articles and forums thoroughly before creating an account. Since dropshipping is allowed under Craft supplies and Party supplies, I opened a shop for party supplies. I had listed only one item to test.

After 48 hours they had deactivated my account. I had received an auto generated email asking me to never open an account again!

After I contacted support they had sent me another auto generated email listing out the "violations" but NONE of them are true! Literally NONE!

HELP OUT A NEWBIE

While googling about stealth Etsy accounts I found this forum and I really hope someone can help me with the following questions

1. Does ebay/ paypal stealth method work for Etsy too?

2. To open a new account, I need a new credit card. How can I handle this? I know I can get VCCs but they are prepaid cards and after the prepaid amount runs up how can I pay for the listings?

3. I hear some people mention about "High Risk" items (Ex: T Shirts). What does that mean? Is that true? And what kind of items are considered as High Risk items?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-09-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,249 Posts
Activity: 24%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Etsy Newbie

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Search in the etsy part of the forum to answer your questions, or wait for other members to chime in.

If you need services like VCCs or other, please refer only to the marketplace area where approved sellers operates.
Old 04-11-2017

Activity: 22%
Longevity: 48%

Etsy is super business !
Old 04-11-2017

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah999 View Post
Hi,

1. Does ebay/ paypal stealth method work for Etsy too?
- Yes you need everything new - new email, new name, new address, new IP address, new user on computer, new CC, new bank account. Just basically everything new.

2. To open a new account, I need a new credit card. How can I handle this? I know I can get VCCs but they are prepaid cards and after the prepaid amount runs up how can I pay for the listings?
- You need to get a VCC - I use entropay. But you can pay your fees and listing fees with the money you have in your etsy shop account. For example I receive sales everyday so always have money in my etsy shop payments account so you can pay your fees directly from that so you never need to use the VCC again. Ive had two stealth etsy accounts and always just paid fees this way. But you obviously need to be making money to have money in your etsy payments account to pay the fees but if you have regular sales this won't be a problem.

3. I hear some people mention about "High Risk" items (Ex: T Shirts). What does that mean? Is that true? And what kind of items are considered as High Risk items?
Etsy is supposed to be handmade etc so they can be very strict about people selling things they dont make themselves or vintage items. But there are ways around this just google it and you should find some ways. But they are also less strict now with it I think.
Old 04-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
Etsy is supposed to be handmade etc so they can be very strict about people selling things they dont make themselves or vintage items. But there are ways around this just google it and you should find some ways. But they are also less strict now with it I think.
Thank you very much this is really helpful

Can you please explain one thing though?

As far as I know banks only allow opening a bank account under my exact name. They don't allow different names. Is there a solution for this?
Old 04-12-2017

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah999 View Post
Thank you very much this is really helpful

Can you please explain one thing though?

As far as I know banks only allow opening a bank account under my exact name. They don't allow different names. Is there a solution for this?
Yes you need to open the bank account in your real name, and when etsy ask for your bank details you enter your real bank details.. then when it asks for your other details like your full name, address etc you enter your stealth details.

I don't think etsy can actually see your bank details and also the name on your bank might not always match the name you sign up with etsy anyways, for example you might have a business bank account wth your business name or be using someone elses bank account so they don't look into that.

However when you enter your stealth address it won't be the address associated with your real bank billing address, unless you have a new address that hasnt been used on etsy that is actually your real billing address then you can use that, but if not it will come up saying they cant identify you so they ask you to upload ID. So you provide them an ID with your stealth name and address then you are good to go..
The Following User Says Thank You to HAHlala For This Useful Post:
Noah999 (04-13-2017)