Paypal question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-28-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Paypal question

My first post, wow.. allot of good info on this board!

After 10 years and great business on ebay, more then 20k feedback and only 15 negs all that time, what did I get suspended for?

Sending a threatening email to another user.

I bought a laptop, paid via paypal within seconds. Asked all the questions before bidding etc, paid for Fed Ex 2 day delivery and got nothing, nadda!
Waited 2 more days, nothing. Emailed, nothing. Called, no answer. Emailed 3 or 4 times a day, nothing.

Week went by nothing, filed a complaint with paypal, nothing.

3 weeks, he got my money I had no laptop. ( 1500.00 )

I sent a email telling him I am flying to St Louis and picking up my laptop or my money, I will be there on Monday. I am coming to get what is mine and will not leave until I get it. I told him I will do whatever it takes to get my money.

Must have got his attention as he emailed back and told me he is filing the threat with the local police. 2 hours later I was off ebay and so was my 302 items that were listed.

Sorry for long rant. I was making anywhere from 2k to 3k per month and last Dec hit 3k profit. Asked for investigation and review, trust and safety told me my suspension was permanent and will not be lifted.

Read allot and got a new sellers account using a gift card, added paypal account and of course everyone is still using paypal and all of a sudden I got 3500.00 in my paypal account.

My problem, I was scared to verify the paypal account until I read more. Now with the account at 3500.00 I am more scared they will take my money and run.

How do I get verified with paypal and how do you suggest I get my money out of paypal without them limiting it and keeping my money.

Read that someone suggest open a new checking with another addy, read they dont check personal info on the account, get the info or data, they only send the 3 small deposits to verify. Went to a new bank, told them I wanted to open a checking account with my new addy and she told me because of the patriot act you cannot open a checking account unless you have a valid DL or ID and it has to be opened in that name only, cannot use different first names on the account.

What am I do to? I am worried I wont get my 3500.00 and have more then 1100.00 items sold with another 500.00 owed to me from weekend sales.

I have read that the gift card idea wont work with paypal because you wont be able to get your money.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2007

Default Get Your Money Out Of Paypal Quickily

If you have not been limited by paypal yet, transfer your money to your bank account ASAP and I mean tonight! Immediately! Then once you get the money in your account move it into an account that paypal does not have access to! Good Luck!
Old 08-28-2007

Longevity: 97%

"someone suggest open a new checking with another addy, read they dont check personal info on the account, get the info or data, they only send the 3 small deposits to verify. Went to a new bank, told them I wanted to open a checking account with my new addy and she told me because of the patriot act you cannot open a checking account unless you have a valid DL or ID and it has to be opened in that name only, cannot use different first names on the account."

As far as a new checking account and the info that is on that account, just get a new bank account with your real name, or just initials, whatever-doesn't matter and any address* (*so long as it matches what you used on the ebay account and is not one that has a history w/ old bad account) at all because as far as I know this account information is not shared with Paypal or anyone else during the verification process. PP is checking just that the account is real and that "you" own it because you can see the amounts of the "test" deposits they send from PP and report this back to them in the process which satisfies them in that regard.

Hope I understood your question correctly!
Old 08-28-2007
Threadstarter  

Actually I am afraid to do anything thinking of the way they operate.

I went to a bank and asked to open and account using my middle name, a different address etc and was told falt out no, we cannot do that.

I am only 25 days away from getting a debit card from paypal and know I can use it to withdraw money, but with that much sitting in there and getting added to every day I need to do something.

I cannot withdraw it all anyway to a checking account, that would red flag it in a heartbeat.

I just want to double check on how to get verified so I can start withdrawing small sums alittle at a time so they dont lock up my money. I do not want to make a mistake and them keep all that money.

Everyone is posting they never check the personal info on a checking account, only the routing number, if this is absolutely still working then it would be easy to just go to another bank with your real name, change the addy and do that, but that sounds to easy.

Guess I do to want to make a mistake and let them scumbags steal my money like they have others.

Any suggestions from here would be appreciate on how to get verified and how to and how not to withdrawl the money so they dont lock the account.

Thank you.
Old 08-28-2007
Threadstarter  

I tried again at another bank to open a checking account using my middle name and they told me it cannot be done.

Can someone confirm that if I open a new checking with my real name that has been suspended that I wont get locked out of ebay and more importantly paypal when I verify to get my money out of paypal please?
Old 08-28-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

EBay-sucks did you ship out the item already??? I hope not. Because even if you get paypal verified they can and probably will still limit the account once you try to withdraw the money. its probably in your best interest to contact paypal and give them the tracking number and the buyer info of the item , so they won't limit your account and you can get your money..

Or you can upgrade the paypal to a ???what is it, like a CD account or something, but whatever it is you earn interest on your money while it sits in paypal. paypal will think twice about limiting your account if they know they will not make money off it.
Old 08-28-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
EBay-sucks did you ship out the item already??? I hope not. Because even if you get paypal verified they can and probably will still limit the account once you try to withdraw the money. its probably in your best interest to contact paypal and give them the tracking number and the buyer info of the item , so they won't limit your account and you can get your money..

Or you can upgrade the paypal to a ???what is it, like a CD account or something, but whatever it is you earn interest on your money while it sits in paypal. paypal will think twice about limiting your account if they know they will not make money off it.
There is no item, I got suspended for buying and paying for a laptop and never getting it. I sent an email they considered to be a personal threat.

The question is not with my old paypal account or old ebay account, it is how to verify a new paypal account without issues.

I am selling again and have money sitting in my new paypal account and need to be able to withdrawl it or some of it slowly, just getting paypal verified is my issue.
Old 08-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
There is no item, I got suspended for buying and paying for a laptop and never getting it. I sent an email they considered to be a personal threat.

The question is not with my old paypal account or old ebay account, it is how to verify a new paypal account without issues.

I am selling again and have money sitting in my new paypal account and need to be able to withdrawl it or some of it slowly, just getting paypal verified is my issue.
Why don't you send money from your new account to your verified one and then withdraw it? I am pretty sure that Aspkin says he does this all of the time...sorry if I am wrong.

Yu know now that you shouldn't have threatened the guy about sending you your computer, but isn't it great how everybody ended up here because of a suspension due the the "safety and security" of our community.

And since EB didn't do anything to help you in the first place and you got frustrated and dealt with the guy they boot you and now that you are NARU'd they could give a crap about your "safety and security"
Old 08-28-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
Why don't you send money from your new account to your verified one and then withdraw it? I am pretty sure that Aspkin says he does this all of the time...sorry if I am wrong.

Yu know now that you shouldn't have threatened the guy about sending you your computer, but isn't it great how everybody ended up here because of a suspension due the the "safety and security" of our community.

And since EB didn't do anything to help you in the first place and you got frustrated and dealt with the guy they boot you and now that you are NARU'd they could give a crap about your "safety and security"
Really didnt threathen him at all, just told him I was coming to get my money or the laptop. This is the thing with ebay and paypal, they allow the ******* buyers to make the rules, screw over good sellers and get away with not paying and anything they want. Buyers are thives on ebay anymore. They try every damn trick inthe book to cheat you but its us sellers who want to run an honest business who get screwed.

Safety and security, sure... They could care less, they just want to look good.

You are so right, I was paying them fortunes in listing and final value fees, I was one of the first to every sell on ebay and they do this.

By the way.... only took two days after they suspended me from ebay did they shut down my paypal account for security purposes, so I closed the account and now the *******s are saying they want me to verify myself with my DL, SS card or photo ID, before they send me a check for the balance, what I did do is spend and withdrawl the amount close to the limit once they shut down my ebay account knowing they are the devils....not a freakin chance

I just want to be able to get the funds from my new account and just dont know how to make sure I can get verified without making a mistake. If anyone has suggestions you can PM me as I am with the rest here, the rats have trolls watching us and wouldnt want to give those scum bags any help.

I firmly believe the govt needs to look into ebay and paypal, they are going to far, making there own rules, screwing good people over and now I am finding they are refunding peoples money out of paypal accounts when the seller shipped the item and they know it. What I do not understand is how can someone have a negative paypal amount when paypal does NOT pay the buyer if there is a negative account balance from the source, but yet they act like the seller or buyer owes them money when they do not.

Thanks for the help folks. I am being patient on the paypal verification because of the amount at stake here.
Old 08-28-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
The info on checking account means nothing to PP - they just verify that you have CONTROL on the account via their little deposits or by confirming that you know the online log in info for that account.

Sometimes, later, they do ask for a photocopy of the voided check or a bank statement, but that can be provided.
If they would get a voided check or bank statement I would be done in a heartbeat as 2 banks so far said no to using anything but my real name that is suspended.

I read allot of your post and great info. To make sure, should I just go ahead and open the checking with my real name, different address of course and I am good to go? If they do happen to ask for a voided check they would link the name to the suspended account real fast.

Anyway around that? Please PM me if you wish.
Thank you!
Old 08-28-2007

Even if you threatened him, he had it coming.

I agree that something has to be done with government regulation.

When you think of the millions (and I am sure that it is millions) that PP can hold and earn interest on for no other reason than they "say so" it is disgusting.