eBay UK - Selling Limit Increase System Broken - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > eBay & PayPal International

eBay & PayPal International General discussions on eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited accounts for ALL other countries not mentioned above!

Old 04-14-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default eBay UK - Selling Limit Increase System Broken

Hello,

For the past few months, each time I created a new eBay account, it would default to '0' seller allowance. When I clicked 'Increase Selling Allowances' it would prompt for an established seller account, which I am assuming is enough for them to start to trust you a little. I did so from an old cannot-sell restricted account and it accepted that with a PIN code and increased the new account's allowance to 30.

Recently however, eBay's 'Increase Selling Allowance' system appears to be broken. I've logged into various of my legitimate accounts, from legitimate IP addresses and everyone of them returns the same error message so it must be widespread for most UK users - if I am wrong and that error doesn't appear for you please let me know.

"We're having some trouble right now. Please try again later." This is the error message that displays each time I click to increase the limit from '0'.

Now this is a problem for me - it was the only way I could bypass the '0' seller limit and begin selling items on eBay. Now that is seems to be broken in the UK, I can no longer start a new account. I have survived since December with this method but now its broken, this is no longer viable. I did contact eBay on my last account, and they asked some questions and then lifted it to '10' but that isn't enough.

I have recently purchased Aspkin's guide and I am yet to attempt to create an account that bypasses the '0' seller limit. If anyone could provide some quick tips to patch up that issue on a temporary basis, it would be helpful, but in the meantime, does anyone have an eBay URL that can bypass this error at the moment or anything that can get me back up and running from this issue?

Your answers are appreciated.

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: eBay UK - Selling Limit Increase System Broken

Something in your creation method is causing these accounts to be 0 limit accounts. By default they should be 10 item / £650

What card are you linking into the PayPal?
Old 04-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Something in your creation method is causing these accounts to be 0 limit accounts. By default they should be 10 item / £650

What card are you linking into the PayPal?

Thanks for your response.

You are correct, it isn't normal behavior for it to set at '0' but there is one or more factors involved.

I used to use my real debit card for PayPal, but recently discovered Entropay and now opt for eBay's 'Credit Card' method for automatic payment rather than use PayPal as an automatic payment method.

I do have a feeling that it's to do with the mobile number, a bogus address (from a UK generator site), as I tend to use roughly the same number for each, overwriting it from the previous account before use however, but it could also be the IP address (Browsec VPN - Chrome Plugin).

In the UK, things like mobile numbers and bank accounts / cards aren't easy to obtain readily without using your real identity frequently (ID, home address for receiving SIM cards etc.) which isn't a good idea when using false information for eBay etc.

I am about to open a new account with a new identity; email address; a phone number from a site called eReceptionist which diverts to your real number for phone verification and also use a real address in case they check it automatically, which they do according to the Stealth Book. And a new VCC from Entropay to use with eBay's in-built automatic payments system. Hopefully these factors will allow the account to open naturally without the '0' issue.
Old 04-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

These days Entropay will trigger that 0/0 allowance. Its just been too abused to work well anymore

You also cannot use a factious address. It has to be a real UK address

You also cannot use a dodgy VPN. A good solid VPN is fine, I get the impressions yours isn't one of them though

You should only ever use bank accounts in your own real details.

For a mobile number you just order a SIM online. 99p from eBay or just free from most the UK mobile networks if you go onto their website.

There are quite a few things you need to change about your set up to prevent getting the 0/0 limits. They are all easy to change though
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
chriskemistry (12-04-2017)
Old 04-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
These days Entropay will trigger that 0/0 allowance. Its just been too abused to work well anymore

You also cannot use a factious address. It has to be a real UK address

You also cannot use a dodgy VPN. A good solid VPN is fine, I get the impressions yours isn't one of them though

You should only ever use bank accounts in your own real details.

For a mobile number you just order a SIM online. 99p from eBay or just free from most the UK mobile networks if you go onto their website.

There are quite a few things you need to change about your set up to prevent getting the 0/0 limits. They are all easy to change though

Yes, I now understand that, I will use an address that can be validated on their system.

I use a paid VPN on Windows, but it uses a Static IP address, which would not go down well, since there's other users on the same IP. Browsec is an additional layer to prevent IP logging as they're a free provider, but I've never had a PayPal limitation or eBay suspension when using them, so they can't be too high on the risk scale. I will now try Zenmate in Chrome.

I never use false bank details, I use my own with PayPal, but from now on I will attempt to use eBay without PayPal linked, except the email address you use in your listing's settings to receive payment.

I didn't know that Entropay was risky, it seems to work well with PayPal, but perhaps eBay class that as an instant risk when opening your seller account.

I have ordered SIM's in the past, but I don't like too many sent to my address, as the provider might find it suspicious, and my phone is locked to one network so there isn't a variety that I can use.

Do you receive the stated error message when attempting to increase your seller limits? It seems to be widespread and not limited to a particular account.

I will have to keep adapting my method, but the above changes should make a big difference. If I continue to receive it after that, it's definitely the finance details that are causing it, or the VPN's I am using, probably the latter. All I know is that it's a pain in the backside with their increase limits feature offline.
Old 04-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

You really should just use a dongle instead.

Trying to use a VPN that shares IPs just wont work.

You will need to link the eBay and the PayPal account. Even if you only put the PayPal email address in the eBay sales section they are still linked so you may as well link them correctly.

PayPal mark Entropay as high risk these days. It tends to lead to a PayPal limitation a few weeks later. Its better to use a much less abused VCC

Just buy them on eBay. You should only need 1 per eBay account though and 99% of people make do with 10 or less eBay accounts so you should not need too many

The reason your getting that issue is not an eBay error, its down to how your making the account. Its flagging your account which is in turn giving you that message
Old 04-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

As far as I can see it's 100pc to do with your address, it's nothing to do with mobile number, any sim should yield the same results. They are easy to get, can buy them anywhere, don't even have to have them delivered.

Also why are you using VPN if you're in UK?, a mobile dongle, or tethering to your phone gives you unlimited quality IP.

As James says, just some minor tweaking and you'll see some much more desirable results
Old 04-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You really should just use a dongle instead.

Trying to use a VPN that shares IPs just wont work.

You will need to link the eBay and the PayPal account. Even if you only put the PayPal email address in the eBay sales section they are still linked so you may as well link them correctly.

PayPal mark Entropay as high risk these days. It tends to lead to a PayPal limitation a few weeks later. Its better to use a much less abused VCC

Just buy them on eBay. You should only need 1 per eBay account though and 99% of people make do with 10 or less eBay accounts so you should not need too many

The reason your getting that issue is not an eBay error, its down to how your making the account. Its flagging your account which is in turn giving you that message
I can now confirm that after using an 0800 number instead of a mobile number, using a new email address, a real physical address and linking a card directly with eBay rather than through PayPal billing, an account has been opened successfully with 10 items permitted. I now have to work to increase the limit, but the 'Increase Selling Limits' feature is still broken, so it must be an issue with eBay currently or they're performing upgrades on it.
Old 04-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

You would need to link a bank account to the PayPal and then you can get a limit increase from 10 items to 25 items

You can just use a mobile number though. An 0800 number isn't needed
Old 04-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You would need to link a bank account to the PayPal and then you can get a limit increase from 10 items to 25 items

You can just use a mobile number though. An 0800 number isn't needed
Yeah, I only used 0800 because its a quick-fix for not having a fresh mobile number to use, plus they probably trust it more, as 0800's are associated with businesses, but its better than nothing I suppose.

Thanks for the tip regarding the item allowance. I've linked my credit card to eBay as a payment method without setting up a billing agreement / logging in with PayPal, so would I need to change my automatic billing to PayPal to receive the increase or do I simply link the account with PayPal via the 'Account' page?

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.
Old 04-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

You link a bank account. You then verify it

You then hit the request higher selling limit button and it will ask you to log into PayPal. Do that and you should get an increase to 25 items / £750

Linking the bank account to PayPal is a must here
Old 04-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:

You then hit the request higher selling limit button and it will ask you to log into PayPal. Do that and you should get an increase to 25 items / £750

That would be good and well, but their increase limits feature isn't working. I bet if you tested it, it would show the same error message, as I've tested it on numerous accounts, one of whom is clean & established, and it says the same thing. They can't all be soft-restricted from accessing it.

Here's an image to show what I mean:

Match that against one of your own eBay accounts and I bet you have the same error.
Old 04-14-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

The increase limit option no longer appears. They've removed it. You should sell to your limits to get automatic increases.

However in this case you have 0 limits to start with because you have an unverified PayPal. So make PayPal, attach bank, verify bank, then make the ebay account.
Old 04-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
The increase limit option no longer appears. They've removed it. You should sell to your limits to get automatic increases.

However in this case you have 0 limits to start with because you have an unverified PayPal. So make PayPal, attach bank, verify bank, then make the ebay account.
That explains the error message. That also means they've scrapped the chance to receive an instant boost to 30 items per month, by linking an old restricted eBay account, like I used to, and it worked. I sell digital goods, so I can never get comfortable on one account for too long before it becomes banned, but as eBay are fairly slow at removing listings and recording violations, they can last as long as 6 months with some TLC.
Old 04-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Here's the reason why no one can currently request a manual increase, regardless of account health...

They said that you have to call them to request an increase, which means their database questions, so I'd rather wait until they're finished. But maintenance could mean increased security, who knows.
Old 04-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Questions in the UK are just eBay asking you what you sell. We don't get the same database questions that they get in the US

You can be hit with an ID or invoice request though which is a PITA