I am getting suspended after I list first item - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-27-2007
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default I am getting suspended after I list first item

Hi

I created a new ebay account , I followed the guide stepts .
Since my ebay acc is new I have 0 feedback . After I list an item on my account I receive the suspension notice : FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement - Abusing eBay.

Dear studlguard

Your eBay account has been suspended. eBay took this action after determining that your account was acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies.

You are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any seller fees that are still owed are due to eBay immediately. eBay will charge any amounts that you have not previously disputed to the billing method that is currently on file.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

Now , my question is :
I NEED TO WAIT MORE TIME BEFORE I LIST ?
I NEED FEEDBACK BEFORE I SELL ?
WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

PLEASE HELP ME !
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-27-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

What do you do when creating you account?
Old 08-27-2007

Longevity: 99%

You probably didn't clean your cookies:
1) Clean your internet cookies
2) Clean your email cookies.outlook etc

Or maybe you have the same address/name/email/ anything to let Ebay think that you are the same person

Are you listing the same item?

Or maybe a buyer reported you?

Did you change your IP?
Old 08-28-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

OK , I`ll try again .
You say that is ok to list my item in 5 minutes after I created my account ?

Thank you
Old 08-28-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 97%

which virtual credit card did you use for the ebay account?

i met the same problem too.i created 6 accounts by 6 virtual credit card and all got suspended also got the same emails from ebay.i guess its because of the virtual credit cards
Old 08-28-2007

Interesting. This is definately new. Is this happening for giftcards.com vcc's too? Maybe we need a private stickee with the cards you can use and the cards not to use? It should be private though because ebay can see.

Tzapas - it could also be your approach. Are you listing high dollar, vero-type or other high scrutiny items first day? Stealth requires keeping a low profile, and if you go all out as soon as you're back on, you're painting a target on your back. Wear camouflage. Blend in until you supposedly have your "feet wet." Think like a first time seller--you have to play the part like it's real.

Other than that, need more information.
Old 08-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I am creating new accounts and selling with 0 feedback no problem, so you guys who are having problems with this must not be following the guide to a T.

One hint: use Firefox ONLY, and set to delete cookies on each restart. Quit browser every time you are done. Restart every time you log back in.

You don't mention anything about resetting your IP?
Isn't that necessary?

I just listed my first item on my new ebay account for less that $5. The only problem was is that I wanted to offer a bunch (say 10) at BIN and neither option was available.

Is that just something with a new account?
Old 08-28-2007

Quote:
One hint: use Firefox ONLY, and set to delete cookies on each restart. Quit browser every time you are done. Restart every time you log back in.
Modee--being a longtime user of firefox, maybe you can answer this. As you know, I use dialup. Will just disconnecting, clearing cache, waiting a couple minutes and reconnecting be enough? I rarely exit firefox between sessions (probably part of why it stalls on me now and then). It takes too long to boot back in.

Also, when you say "only firefox" is it ok to couple that with aol? I've been using aol to connect and then firefox. Seems to shield the proxy to some degree.
Old 08-28-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

please let me know wich is the best vcc for ebay accounts .....
Old 08-28-2007

Longevity: 98%

I had that problem a few months ago. No matter what I listed I kept getting suspended after listing a couple things. I checked everything and came to the conclusion that the problem was I was using new accounts. Now I only use accounts that are at least 3 months old and that took care of the problem. Did you try checking how long it takes them to actually upload the items you are listing? One thing I noticed when I had that problem was that everything I listed only came up HOURS after I submitted it. With older accounts it takes them just minutes. Anyways hope that helps.
Old 08-28-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your infos ....
With new accounts will take about 7 hours to find my items on ebay site.

But what cards do you use to create your accounts ?
Old 08-29-2007

That's what I meant. Everytime it took them more then minutes to upload my items, inevitably the account got a Section 9 FPA Suspension. Not sure how it works but it seems to me that accounts less than one month old get filtered through another process somehow. Accounts that have been active for more than one month do not present that problem and all items you list are uploaded at once. I was using all access gift cards but just noticed last monday they came back declined now.
Old 08-29-2007

how long did it take before you got banned after listing an item? curious about response time...
Old 08-29-2007
Banned

I always list right away and I never got banned. Well 1 time I did but I linked my accounts together.

There should be no reason why your getting suspended after your first listing
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 View Post
how long did it take before you got banned after listing an item? curious about response time...
It varied from one account to the other. Mind you I was only listing legal stuff and would only list less than 10 items at a time, just to check it out you know. And they got like 5 or 6 of my accounts, some lasted one day, some lasted a week, none more than that. What was really noticeable about all the accounts that got suspended right away was the time it took for the items to actually appear on the site. Hope that helps, I don't really know how it works, but I am thorough and it's all from my own experience.
Old 08-29-2007
Banned

You are doing something wrong cuerva86. You have to be. Everyone that always says they get the boot after the first items listed always does something wrong such as buying ⊗⊗⊗⊗ feed so and so
Old 08-29-2007

No, no buying feed, no illegal items, no links between accounts.
Old 08-29-2007
Banned

So what are you listing at first???
Old 08-29-2007

The exact same items that pose no problems in accounts older than 3 months.
Old 08-29-2007

I agree, 3 months IS excessive. I am just being safe because it's such a hassle so I am trying to be ahead about 3 months. But I am pretty sure one month is enough.
Old 08-29-2007
Banned

Okay so would if i got vero'd on a 2 week old account, but know its 2 months old. Should or can I relist again
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Three months is excessive. Any account past 30 days can do about anything. I mean, if the account is YEARS old, that's superb - but the difference between 1 and 3 months is negligible.

I used to sell from the getgo, and I was never suspended in the first month, but I think EBAY's algorithm has changed - it flags all new accounts that try to sell.
I personally dont think the computer cares about the age something triggers it and thats that let it be 15 years old or 1 day old once its triggered its trigged. we need to remember this computer is not human and does not have feeligns of, "oh one day old account vs oh 15 year old account I will attack the 1 day old account" I had an account under rapunzel_01 for umph years and they ban me just because my in laws log into their account when coming to visit me at my computer and I log into theres back in MI and they ban us even though we never bid on each others items or anything...