Haved used my Aunt's Paypal for years, Suspended but can I use my SS instead? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-18-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Red face Haved used my Aunt's Paypal for years, Suspended but can I use my SS instead?

Hi guys, first time posting here, also first time ever getting suspended... its not a good feeling of course but I got suspended for placing items out of stock when they were all in my storage while moving, they sold when I forgot to take them down and although I refunded their money and explained my situation it seemed ebay did not take too kindly to that.

So my question is this:
For the past 10 years (since I was 14) I've been using my aunt's paypal account with her SS# and everything, she is aware of it and after so many years using it, I never bothered to make a new one with my SS#, since we both have the same name (her first name is my middle name) and since I just got suspended, would it be a problem if I open up a new bank account with new card # everything, and open up a PO box and make a new paypal this time using my SS#?

Is ebay attached to your SS# I don't think I've ever had to verify with them my SS# so I'm not sure.

Of course I'll be getting some sort of IP scrambler to not tie it to my IP, but with all this in track, do you think I'll be okay?

Never had a paypal with my real SS#, so I should be okay using my real info on this new paypal and taking the proper steps to not have them track me?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%
Default Re: Haved used my Aunt's Paypal for years, Suspended but can I use my SS instead?

No it will not work. Paypal will look up your SSN into national records, and this will reveal a lot more about you than just your name.

Your only hope is to go stealth. Avoid using relative or friend's information down the road.
Old 04-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Haved used my Aunt's Paypal for years, Suspended but can I use my SS instead?

Do you hate your Aunt? why do people like using other people's info for accounts....I don't understand.
Old 04-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Do you hate your Aunt? why do people like using other people's info for accounts....I don't understand.
It's because people see the SSN "requirement" and look for the quick and dirty way to do it - usually burning family and friend's info

Welcome to forums OP - time to learn stealth
Old 04-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No I don't hate my aunt! I was 14 when I decided to start selling on eBay so she made an account for me to sell with her information, and I've been using it for years now.

I'm asking, would ebay and/or paypal know it would be me if I open up an account with my SS# that i have never used before in paypal or ebay terms now that I'm 25?
Old 04-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
It's because people see the SSN "requirement" and look for the quick and dirty way to do it - usually burning family and friend's info

Welcome to forums OP - time to learn stealth
My aunt wouldn't sell on ebay, she basically gave me her account to use since I was underage. She's like a mother to me and I would never want to ruin her like that. I now know for the future to not list anything I don't have in my possession at the moment and to ship out right away but its not like I scammed anyone or did anything shady of the sort. This is devastating news after having this account with thousands of feedback, I just want to get back on my feet but wanted to know if I could do it... using my own information now.
Old 04-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

How did you pay your Aunts Taxes?
Old 04-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Going to take a wild guess and say the OP probably didn't considering the OP was underage......but I could be wrong.
Old 04-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by draev_xx View Post
I just want to get back on my feet but wanted to know if I could do it... using my own information now.
If you have never opened an account in your name, address, etc then you can but I would also suggest you open some stealth accounts....and this time, leave family, pets, friends out of your business.
Old 04-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
.............I never made crazy amounts of money, I would only sell vintage designer clothes sometimes electronics, but I never ran a business out of it. I maybe made an extra $1,000-$2,000 a year from it. Please don't flame me, but I didn't know you have to pay taxes on that, I mean I know there was ebay fees, but taxes? I thought that was only if you made a certain amount.

I just started doing my taxes so I know I would get w-2's and such. Thanks for the response!
Old 04-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you have never opened an account in your name, address, etc then you can but I would also suggest you open some stealth accounts....and this time, leave family, pets, friends out of your business.
I'm going to get the book soon, not sure why the book is a monthly subscription when I'm reading it wasn't before, but I want to do this right.

From the gist of it, what I'm getting so far:
1. Open a PO box of sorts (easy)
2. Open up a new bank account with new debit card (easy, was going to do that with a credit union anyways)
3. Get an IP scrambler service of sorts (vc24 was what I had in mind, pay the yearly fee)
4. Open a new paypal/ebay under new IP.
5. ????

I hope I covered the basics?
Old 04-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Phone number to use? Credit card?
Old 04-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by draev_xx View Post
I'm going to get the book soon, not sure why the book is a monthly subscription when I'm reading it wasn't before, but I want to do this right.

From the gist of it, what I'm getting so far:
1. Open a PO box of sorts (easy)
2. Open up a new bank account with new debit card (easy, was going to do that with a credit union anyways)
3. Get an IP scrambler service of sorts (vc24 was what I had in mind, pay the yearly fee)
4. Open a new paypal/ebay under new IP.
5. ????

I hope I covered the basics?
Don't pay for the 24vc yearly, at this point you haven't made an account successfully and you would just be wasting that money. As rsot mentioned you still need to have a phone and you need either a VCC or something similar to cover the CC portion.
Old 04-27-2017

Longevity: 52%

Use your phone to tether. I use InkFrog for messaging and Auctiva for shipping labels. The only time that I ever sign into my actual accounts is to pull money from Paypal, for the most part.
Old 04-27-2017

And people shouldn't give him a hard time. His aunt does not eBay and will not be eBaying, so why not use her account?
Old 04-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBoi View Post
And people shouldn't give him a hard time. His aunt does not eBay and will not be eBaying, so why not use her account?
We have clearly stated a few thousand times why it isn't a good idea to use someone else's information.
Old 04-28-2017

Why is that? There are plenty of older people in this world that will obviously never use eBay. She let him use her account for the past 10 years. Should he have known better 10 years ago? What does it matter? Please explain how he screwed her over.
Old 04-28-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBoi View Post
Why is that? There are plenty of older people in this world that will obviously never use eBay. She let him use her account for the past 10 years. Should he have known better 10 years ago? What does it matter? Please explain how he screwed her over.
The question is did he pay her taxes due? If not the IRS can come after her financially.