eBay account verification Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-14-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default eBay account verification Question

I got this message from eBay.

What do I do?
I'm using a stealth account. What will they ask me If I call them?
Thanks

Hello,
We regularly review accounts to keep eBay a safe and fair marketplace for our members. As part of our security checks, we sometimes require a seller to contact us so that we can verify their information.

To verify your account, please contact us by clicking on the link below (you may be asked to sign in):
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?que...main=email1505

While we're waiting on your response, we've temporarily placed a selling hold on your account. This hold will prevent you from listing new items. Also, if you had any active listings, we've removed them, and placed them in your Unsold folder. We credited any associated fees to your account.

Once we verify your account information, you'll be able to start selling again right away. You'll also be able to relist items from your Unsold folder by clicking Relist to the right of the listing.

Thank you for helping us to keep eBay a safe and fair marketplace. We appreciate your help in verifying your account as quickly as possible.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-14-2017

Longevity: 45%
Default Re: eBay account verification Question

From my personal experience, this is very normal. They just want to hear from you and they will not ask any specific questions. Most likely they will ask you to confirm the registered information (make sure you have those ready). They will NOT ask any proof of the name/address or anything. They may also ask you where u got the item to sell. Just say all of them are personal items. You are fine, just call them and act normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks. I hope so. Do you think they will ask me to verify my identity from a public records database though? Has this ever happened to you?

Last edited by Sonicsun; 04-14-2017 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicsun View Post
Thanks. I hope so. Do you think they will ask me to verify my identity from a public records database though? Has this ever happened to you?
They never asked me to verify my identity from a public records database unless I want them to raise my selling limits.
Old 04-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Okay great. Do you think it matters that the address on the account is registered in California and that the IP is in Atlanta Georgia? Will they ask me about that? What should I tell them? I am on vacation?
Old 04-14-2017

Quote:
Okay great. Do you think it matters that the address on the account is registered in California and that the IP is in Atlanta Georgia? Will they ask me about that? What should I tell them? I am on vacation?

No they will not match address and IP address location..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
They won't ask that Sonicsun - I operate accounts with far-away IP all the time
Old 04-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Hi,
Thanks a lot. I called and they didn't ask any personal information other than to verify my name. I called them from the number on my account. They asked a lot of questions about what I was selling and how I had the goods. They also asked if I would be able to provide receipts for items that I was selling. I told them I was selling things around my house and instead asked them why I would need to show receipts for stuff that I own. Anyway, I passed their test because they restored my account.

If I want to call and get my selling limits increased, do you know what they will ask?
Old 04-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks a lot. I called and they didn't ask any personal information other than to verify my name. I called them from the number on my account. They asked a lot of questions about what I was selling and how I had the goods. They also asked if I would be able to provide receipts for items that I was selling. I told them I was selling things around my house and instead asked them why I would need to show receipts for stuff that I own. Anyway, I passed their test because they restored my account.

If I want to call and get my selling limits increased, do you know what they will ask?
What time of the day did you call in and was it a male or female?
Old 04-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Hi,

That is very typical. They want to make sure you have the goods on hand and not drop shipping. They also look at your pictures to make sure they are not stock photos and well as the description, so always make your descriptions on new accounts as lengthy as possible. They dont always ask if you have receipts, but always say yes, they will not make you produce them (t least not at the that point).

Calling in for limit increases can cause them to ask personal database questions, but they dont ask more so than they do ask.
Old 04-21-2017

This actually happened to me today. I opened a new eBay account yesterday. Put up a listing for an auction and everything was fine. Then today I tried listing another item for auction and got the exact same message.

I called them and I wasn't asked anything at all they just thought it was maybe a glitch or something.

Also, something I recommend is to be patient with this new account. I know you are going to want to call them for a limit increase within the first 30 days. Don't do that. If you call within 30 days of your account being opened to ask for an increase, they will do extreme verification, like trying to link the information on your stealth account to past addresses and what not.
Old 11-19-2019

Longevity: 26%

I get the same message today. My stealth account age is about one month. I've already sale about 10 items. It was dropship from amazon. What should I say to ebay support if they ask me if I have my items on hand? Also, my account registered in UK, but i sell items in US. Help please. Thank you
Old 11-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by olezandr View Post
I get the same message today. My stealth account age is about one month. I've already sale about 10 items. It was dropship from amazon. What should I say to ebay support if they ask me if I have my items on hand? Also, my account registered in UK, but i sell items in US. Help please. Thank you
You should always indicate that you have the items in hand - think clearly and be confident