Paypal account permanenently limited - use other paypal account ok? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-22-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Paypal account permanenently limited - use other paypal account ok?

A couple of hours ago today I got an email to say my paypal account is permanently limited after a review. Use this aco**** for a long time for ebay sales.

Contacted paypal several times (expensive overseas calls, we are in Thailand have to call Singapore), waiting for a call back, but they said only one person works in this dept on a weekend.

We have another paypal account can we just change the ebay listings to the other paypal account, or do I risk loosing that account also?

They say we are selling prescription drugs, which we are not, so hopefullly I can try to convince them of that if they call me back.

Any advice urgently appreciated

Thank you.

Last edited by aspireE1; 04-22-2017 at 04:47 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Paypal account permanenently limited - use other paypal account ok?

Had a couple of calls back, but only after a lot of chasing. In the end found out it is the malaysia office that is dealing with this. Found the number for Maylaysia directly but can't get to talk to whoever makes the decision, waiting a call back again, but they close in 20 minutes.

Sounds stupid but am so worried about this, its not a big business we have but its all we have, a huge problem if I can't get it fixed so in a panic.

Found out which item they dont like, its an over the counter antacid, listed as over the counter on drugs.com. Offered to remove that item whilst its under review even though it should be permitted to sell ok and have sold for a long time in the past.
Old 04-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

well take care of the proofs about supply and prescription status, remember selling internationally can infringe some rules in different countries

no do not change the other paypal that is working to the limited details.....that would add a link. I assume they are already linked somewhat through cookies/ips or some other link, this may or may not bring it down, they may know about it but choose to let you keep it - do not mention it to them.......

good luck and do not panic......you can stay with the forum and make stealth accounts that work for you, if used correctly....
aspireE1 (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
well take care of the proofs about supply and prescription status, remember selling internationally can infringe some rules in different countries

no do not change the other paypal that is working to the limited details.....that would add a link. I assume they are already linked somewhat through cookies/ips or some other link, this may or may not bring it down, they may know about it but choose to let you keep it - do not mention it to them.......

good luck and do not panic......you can stay with the forum and make stealth accounts that work for you, if used correctly....
Thanks, both PayPal's are in different names but both have been used by this eBay account before.

The eBay account is very old, more than 10 years so would not want to lose it.

The other method looks complicated.
Old 04-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

what method is complicated? do you mean stealth? it might be your only choice one day!

anyway, both paypals used by the same ebay, ok well they still might let you keep the non-limited one, but I would not attach it to another new ebay you make. Make a new ebay and paypal pairing............keep any existing paypal for off-ebay business....you can get paid on it by friends/family/freelancing/website buying, it can still be handy........
Aman12 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Yes the stealth. Being in Thailand not sure how this will work, so would need to change isp, new computer, new bank account, new ebay & paypal accounts? Not sure I can do all this.

Still no further on with the existing acc, got no help from calls or emails its been escalated twice they say but nobody contacts me back. Spent a lot callling both Singapore & Malaysia yesterday and again this morning. Sounds weak but I've hardly slept at all worrying about it.
Old 04-22-2017
Threadstarter  

another thing....

I had 2 orders that are not shipped yet before the acc was limited, what do I do about these? paypal could give me no answer for this either. And I have 1 I need to refund for an item arrived damaged, buyer informed by ebay message.
Old 04-22-2017

Longevity: 93%

PayPal don't limit for an antacid that's over the counter, it must be something else.

I had it years ago, linking another paypal won't work if it already been attached, I tried lasted 3 days.

Make new accounts and start again. Accounts are easy to create here, don't waste time chasing around.

Last edited by Sausage; 04-22-2017 at 09:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sausage For This Useful Post:
aspireE1 (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
PayPal don't limit for an antacid that's over the counter, it must be something else.

I had it years ago, linking another paypal won't work if it already been attached, I tried lasted 3 days.

Make new accounts and start again. Accounts are easy to create here, don't waste time chasing around.
Thanks, yes its for an antacid, they just sent me an email 'appeal refused' and they listed the item that violates the policy.

So looks like I really have a problem, for many ebay is a sideline for me its the only income and its not even that much.

Any advice about making new accounts as you are in Thailand? Will I need everything new paypal & ebay, new isp for ip address, new pc, new bank account, new names & address. Even after all that would they just not see a new seller ac that is seeling the same items as a recently closed account? I am really panicing here, not sure what to don't have the cash to do much. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspireE1 View Post
Thanks, yes its for an antacid, they just sent me an email 'appeal refused' and they listed the item that violates the policy.

So looks like I really have a problem, for many ebay is a sideline for me its the only income and its not even that much.

Any advice about making new accounts as you are in Thailand? Will I need everything new paypal & ebay, new isp for ip address, new pc, new bank account, new names & address. Even after all that would they just not see a new seller ac that is seeling the same items as a recently closed account? I am really panicing here, not sure what to don't have the cash to do much. Thanks.

I feel your panic, I've been there.

You will need everything new, don't need a new PC, just a new user account. New SIM, new name, address, bank and new listings and pictures. It can be done.

Loads of info on here, buy the book it helps.
Good Luck!
aspireE1 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your help,

New SIM as in new phone number? dont need to change ISP?
New user account, just create a new user on windows, and I guess need to switch back and forth between users? or just use the new one and forget the old user with no problems?

What about the ebay/paypal/email accounts that are also on my phone, just deleting them is ok.

Will continue reading, but I am not in the right mind to do it just now. Will the book really be relevant to Thailand. I am not even sure what I need to open an ebay ac from here.

I still don't understand the logic in just closing the account with no warning.

Sorry for the questions, I am still in a panic.
Old 04-23-2017
Threadstarter  

Sorry to write again (are all post moderated first or only because I am new?),

Just writing things as my mind keeps thinking...

I have TOT fibre ISP, its a dynamic IP so changes now and again and the same IP will be used for lots of other users (right?). So how would paypal (or ebay) know its the same user making a new account, I must be missing something?

About Thai Paypal... I don't remember what was needed when I set it up before, what proof if any do they need? Can I just make an account linked to a different Thai bank if its the same name (I could use nic name but bank account would have full name), does the name of the bank need to match the name on the paypal account. I don't remember them being strict to sign up before but it was a while ago.

Lastly for now, with there be restrictions on a new paypal/ebay account?

thanks again.
Old 04-23-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

aspireE1, to clear up some of your basic question I would suggest to buy the stealth guide or to llok into the forum.

Dynamic IP is what I use and it is fine will not be the solely cause for account linking.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
aspireE1 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
aspireE1, to clear up some of your basic question I would suggest to buy the stealth guide or to llok into the forum.

Dynamic IP is what I use and it is fine will not be the solely cause for account linking.
Thanks it just seems so complicated, I'm concerned a lot of my questions will be Thai specific and I won't be able to understand it. I keep looking on this forum and others but it raises more questions. I don't really feel like doing it but my mind won't leave it alone.

So no need for a VPN or new isp to get a new ip address if using dynamic IP? Can use my current connection ok for paypal and ebay. That maybe makes it easier.

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2017
Threadstarter  

PS when I click to read the details about subsriptions the page does not load and avast alerts me to a threat.
Old 04-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

re antacid, maybe ok in Thailand to be over the counter, but it might not be in other countries for this brand or type of strength, I know unlikely, butin the health catagory, they stop listings on az and eb sometimes, when they are not sure.....as they do not want to break intenational laws.......they do not want the risk or they just wipe out anything with a keyword in description that purports to cure something, and alot of other grey area reasons.

On holidays, I remember Mexico and Turkey, I had some kids minor illnesses and went to pharmacy and they gave me stuff OTC that would be prescription in Uk....it varies alot....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-23-2017 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-23-2017
Threadstarter  

This is from ebay.com http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/prescriptions.html

"Allowed: Antacids (see the restriction on non-prescription strength OTC medications below)"

"For example, omeprazole (a prescription drug) can be listed, as long as it's clear that it's the 20mg version."

The item we listed meets this rule, I will admit that although this is listed on ebay.com a lot of buyers are from the UK & Australia anyway. I agree there may different rules for different countries.

I have emailed a few times but just get a standard repy back, I don't think they are even giving me a chance to explain.

Another sleepless night again thinking about this.
Old 04-23-2017

Regarding omeprazole the 20mg tablet is OTC

If you was selling the capsule 20mg then this is POM - Prescription Only

It also depends on pack size. For example I think in the UK you cant sell pack sizes over 20 tablets

If your appeal has been refused once then they you won't get anywhere.

(ex-pharmacy employee)

Last edited by Sausage; 04-23-2017 at 09:11 PM.
aspireE1 (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017
Threadstarter  

Yes I think you are right, I do accept they are not allowing us to sell it, what seems unfair is they just shut us down with no communication or warning and then refuse to talk about it.

I have also spoken to ebay today, they checked the listing and confirmed it was no problem to list this item, the problem is paypal. They were helpful as much as they can be but could do nothing to assist.

So need to consider what to do next, not sure about a stealth account, what to do with stock etc maybe start again in the future if I can figure out how to do it, but I am not thinking clearly enough yet.
Old 04-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

ebay - they usually give a warning, as they have the ability to do so, eg. remove listing and an MC warning.....I get them sometimes.....

paypal is different, I agree it is unfair....it is a bit odd too, as if you are solely selling on ebay, the sale on ebay is usually not questioned....do you have any non-ebay or website sales that go to paypal? or maybe someone reported you - seems odd.....
aspireE1 (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017
Threadstarter  

No non ebay sales eveything is from there.

Yes I have had a few MC warnings about things before, have always made the changes to the listing that ebay wanted and the item was restored or stopped selling the item.

Maybe someone reported me? The sale that has caused the problems is very new the buyer has not even got it yet, so doubt its that. I did have a chargeback case very recently, first time ever. It was a very small amount $3 so I nearly just let it go, but then paypal said they would also charge $10 fee on top and as the buyer had already left positive ebay feedback I though why should I, it was a unauthorised payment. I contacted the buyer they said it was all sorted out now but gave no explaination. So I sent proof of postage (not tracking) and paypal sent that to the credit card company with the ebay feedback and I won the case.

I have really been affected by this, I know it sounds dramatic but I really have. This filled my time and helped me keep busy and although not a lot was my main income, I don't have other options and just don't know what is going happen.
Don't know what I can do to replace this income, in western terms the amounts are insignificantly small but I can't find a way of replacing it, its so frustrating. If I could just find something to do that that would just give a small income, I'm sure there are people that would be glad of some help with something but who/where. Sorry for the rant I know this is proabably not really appropriate for this forum but my just mind won't leave it alone searcing for a solution.
Old 04-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

maybe the chargeback cause paypal to look at what you were selling.........(a warning to all, that automation is your friend).....

lucky it is not your main income, and you can replace the income with a future stealth account, the results will not be instant, as an account needs setting up correctly and needs aging....please do not panic, we have all been in a similar situation, which is why were are here, including me.....you can replace this income, and you may even do better income-wise if you stay with the forum and read alot.....
aspireE1 (04-25-2017)