increase selling limits - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-23-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default increase selling limits

hey everyone,

I have a new ebay account i that is 10/$1,000

I have already sold 3 items on the account should i call in and ask to have the selling limits increased?

I do Drop Shipping, could i just tell them i have the items i sell in storage in my town?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: increase selling limits

No. Let them grow naturally. If after a few months the limits dont go up, then you can call
Old 04-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

heh, whats with the calling?

Just list to the max and make sure you get good feedback and no problems and its pretty easy to grow the account to 90item limit within first month or two and then you are off to the races.

Calling in after selling 3 items, heh.
Old 04-23-2017
Threadstarter  

I have someone that is going to call in for me and get the limits increased.
Old 04-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris18181 View Post
I have someone that is going to call in for me and get the limits increased.
No. What you mean to say is you have someone that is going to call in for you and 'TRY' to get the limits increased while not getting your account scrutinized and suspended.
Understand that any call to ebay carries risk with it.
Good luck.
Old 04-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

LOL

I don't login for a while and the bad advice starts pouring in again...

Calling in is the fastest, easiest, most effective way of getting limit increases.

The thread in my sig has details, let me know if you need more help.
Old 04-23-2017
Threadstarter  

I only have to pay $40 if successful lol
Old 04-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Personally I like going up to 2 months trying to increase naturally. I don't really find much benefit in calling in the first month because even if I have a high selling limit I still play it safe and slow as I don't want to put too much strain on the account. There's a slight risk involved, but I don't think you will do any harm having someone call in to increase your limits unless you have really bad luck.
Old 04-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
I only have to pay $40 if successful lol
waste of money but good luck
Old 04-23-2017

Longevity: 45%

Just call eBay, there is no risk to call them at all. If you get to a point where u have to pass the verification questions to get a limit increase, get off the phone with an excuse and wait for a couple of days and call them again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacksmithhai View Post
Just call eBay, there is no risk to call them at all. If you get to a point where u have to pass the verification questions to get a limit increase, get off the phone with an excuse and wait for a couple of days and call them again!
You don't even need to wait days. 5 mins is long enough. eBay has hundreds of reps.

Most of the time even if they ask the verification questions it doesn't matter because they can't find your info to ask the questions on, so there's nothing to pass/fail. They just give you a standard increase, and after the first increase, they don't bother checking public records anymore at all. (Since the first rep does that).
Old 04-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Let's clarify something:

Many members on this forum provide services, such as selling accounts, or phone #s, or VCC's. If members learn to handle creating accounts on their own, this has a direct negative impact on profits. Ergo, there is a vested interest in spreading rumors about how "difficult" or "dangerous" it is to get limit increases quickly, easily, and most importantly, on your own.

It's NOT hard. eBay is NOT the FBI. These reps get paid maybe 10 USD an hour (if it's an American....Philippine reps get paid 2 USD an hour and India even less lol)

They are not paid well enough to care that much about your account. Unless you sound like a crack addict (stuttering, "forgetting" your name, address, birthday, etc) they're going to give you a limit increase 9/10 times.

Don't believe me? Create a brand new account and try it yourself.
Old 04-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
You don't even need to wait days. 5 mins is long enough. eBay has hundreds of reps.

Most of the time even if they ask the verification questions it doesn't matter because they can't find your info to ask the questions on, so there's nothing to pass/fail. They just give you a standard increase, and after the first increase, they don't bother checking public records anymore at all. (Since the first rep does that).
Yeah the public database questions used to turn me off to doing this, then I realized even if you cant answer them or there are no questions in their system to ask they still give you a small standard increase.
Old 04-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Let's clarify something:

Many members on this forum provide services, such as selling accounts, or phone #s, or VCC's. If members learn to handle creating accounts on their own, this has a direct negative impact on profits. Ergo, there is a vested interest in spreading rumors about how "difficult" or "dangerous" it is to get limit increases quickly, easily, and most importantly, on your own.

It's NOT hard. eBay is NOT the FBI. These reps get paid maybe 10 USD an hour (if it's an American....Philippine reps get paid 2 USD an hour and India even less lol)

They are not paid well enough to care that much about your account. Unless you sound like a crack addict (stuttering, "forgetting" your name, address, birthday, etc) they're going to give you a limit increase 9/10 times.

Don't believe me? Create a brand new account and try it yourself.
Not really fair GOA. A lot of members here, sellers and non sellers, help out other members a huge amount. There are no right and wrong answers when it comes to certain things, just personal experience

The account sellers here also sell accounts with limits of 100's if not 1000's of items. If you call into eBay you will get an increase from 5 or 10 to 40 or 50. Its not really comparable
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
dijaonly (11-03-2017)
Old 04-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Not really fair GOA. A lot of members here, sellers and non sellers, help out other members a huge amount. There are no right and wrong answers when it comes to certain things, just personal experience

The account sellers here also sell accounts with limits of 100's if not 1000's of items. If you call into eBay you will get an increase from 5 or 10 to 40 or 50. Its not really comparable
Uh-Oh....you dare go against GOA? STEALTH WAR!
Old 04-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

We've had this argument before, and my point remains the same:

NO ONE, ESPECIALLY ACCOUNT SELLERS would recommend you max out or even come close to maxing out an account with limits of hundreds or thousands....it's a quick way to lose your brand new account, waste your time and $$$.

So who cares if they sell an account with 1000 items per month? You can't realistically sell with those limits on a brand new, 0 feedback 0 sales account anyways. Your first month is likely to be a 20, 30, maybe 100 items sold, so what's your point? Everyone who has any knowledge about eBay recommends selling slowly and ramping up over time, so realistically the only thing the sellers here provide is convenience.

I am NOT saying that the accounts are not worth the money. Some people just don't feel like learning stealth, and they are more than happy to pay the premium price to avoid taking the time necessary to figure out how to create their own accounts. These people will always exist, and there will always be a market for eBay accounts.

HOWEVER: For those who WANT to learn how to create their own accounts, or don't have the finances to purchase accounts for hundreds of USD, these people deserve to know that creating their own accounts and getting their own limits is not a daunting task, it's quite easy and fast for anyone who has the desire to learn and put forth the minimal effort required.

I've got nothing against anyone selling accounts, I'm just pointing out some basic facts for people who want to create their own. By all means, if you don't want to learn to make your own accounts or get your own limits increased, please feel free to buy accounts from anyone on the marketplace, all have proven themselves trustworthy.
Old 04-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Litle bit of misinformation there GOA

In my experince selling 100/200 items on a 1000 item account in the first month can be fine. Its the item itself that matters as well as the price not the quantity. Need to be careful to not make satements that seem like fact as some people will take it seriosuly

The main point I was making was that that a lot of forum sellers here help out members a huge amount. Saying that theyn are only serving their self interests is a tad insulting to be honest
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
dijaonly (11-03-2017), Ebayorbust (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017

Longevity: 51%

sold three items?? to soon bruh too soon. If there is one thing eBay like is timing. If you set up a brand new account, they will only let you bid and on items after 2-3 weeks. If you set up a seller account they will only let you increase limits after a month and assessment. Same with pay-pal, a large paypment suddenly attracts a limitation. hit the ground running and you will ultimately get hit by almighty gods of stealth. So take things with stride, pace yourself, spread your risks, hence the PURPOSE of stealth, to put your eggs in multiple proverbial baskets. i don't know about you but an account bring in 1000 usd first time isnt so bad at all, like JamesNorth101 said. Its the 10 item limit eBay accounts that you should worry about

Last edited by Qwoty; 04-25-2017 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Litle bit of misinformation there GOA

In my experince selling 100/200 items on a 1000 item account in the first month can be fine. Its the item itself that matters as well as the price not the quantity. Need to be careful to not make satements that seem like fact as some people will take it seriosuly

The main point I was making was that that a lot of forum sellers here help out members a huge amount. Saying that theyn are only serving their self interests is a tad insulting to be honest
You keep taking my words out of context.

First, I never said they "only serve their self interests". I said

Quote:
There is a vested interest in spreading rumors about the difficulty of creating accounts.
Just because someone isn't helpful on one particular topic doesn't mean they're useless or harmful. I don't reveal everything I know about stealth on this forum, does that make me a bad member? Of course not. We all serve our own interests to a degree.

Also, I said 100 items a month.

Quote:
So who cares if they sell an account with 1000 items per month? You can't realistically sell with those limits on a brand new, 0 feedback 0 sales account anyways. Your first month is likely to be a 20, 30, maybe 100 items sold, so what's your point?
The horse is dead...let's stop beating it.

Account sellers aren't going anywhere, and eBay accounts are incredibly easy to get the limits increased on, just like I proved 2 years ago when I joined....lol. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. Let's just let sleeping dogs lie.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 04-25-2017 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-25-2017
Threadstarter  

I called ebay and they wanted to ask me random questions, then they wanted to know where i was getting my items from, I didnt get to answer it as my phone had a bad signal?

what should i tell them when they ask this question?

I do drop shipping, and i am mostly selling camping tents for right now
Old 04-25-2017

Longevity: 51%
Wink Re: increase selling limits

Dropshipping is permitted by ebay. but best just say , your selling some of your stuff. its got some truth in it.
Old 04-25-2017

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
I called ebay and they wanted to ask me random questions, then they wanted to know where i was getting my items from, I didnt get to answer it as my phone had a bad signal?

what should i tell them when they ask this question?

I do drop shipping, and i am mostly selling camping tents for right now

Tell them you own a local store and you are expanding your business online. And tell them you can provide all the invoices if required. They won't really ask u to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk