Never Banned frm eBay, just 30 day suspension. Should I consider Stealth for 2nd Acco - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

View Poll Results: Do I need a Stealth Account for my 2nd eBay's risky store
No, if you weren't banned any Short Suspensions don't affect the new account 0 0%
Yes, if you're new items are risky, use a stealth account to protect yourself 2 66.67%
No, It might get you in more trouble opening a Stealth Account than if you'd told them upfront 1 33.33%
Yes, It's a good idea to stop using accounts if they get close to being suspended, and starting over 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Cool Never Banned frm eBay, just 30 day suspension. Should I consider Stealth for 2nd Acco

Hi everyone, I'm a new member, but I've been checking out this site ever since my first threat of eBay Suspension. I started selling on eBay in January 2012, selling Info Products on CD. I assumed that if so many others are selling it ( and have done for months, if not years) it must be OK. I built it up for 6 moths before I got my First VERO Coyright Warning. I took down any similar listings and tried to be more careful n future, but every 3-6 months I would get another Copyright Violation from VEVO. There was a 1 day suspension, then a 7 day Suspension, then 14 and finally 30 days (With a warning that another infringement would be punished with a 180 day suspension). In May 2013 I immmediately removed all Info Products and focused on selling physical Goods.

Then in April 2016 I was struggling for some short term cash, and I decided to relist some of the Info Products that had never had VERO Complaints. I thought "It's been over 3 years, they've probably forgotten about my "Previous Convictions", pus I only planned t do it for a few months. After a few weeks they slapped me with a pretty hefty 30 Day Suspension (Which I managed to negotiate over the phone to just banning new listings and not sales ).

Now I want to open a 2nd eBay Store, but the items are a little risky, I've seen other sellers listings get removed. eBay are happy to let me open a 2nd store, but I don't know if my past violations will affect my new store, or more importantly, that my 2nd Store doesn't get my Main eBay Store banned. Another product I want to sell in a different niche could cause problems. Does anyone know if eBay keeps such records between accounts, or is it just who is banned.

I bring it up because when I sold Info Products on CD I thought I was so clever to offer all the different top selling info products, whereas most sold either just a few of the top selling info products but not all of them. I sold far more than they did, but perhaps they were actually just spreading their risk with multiple eBay Accounts. I can see that none of the Competition for a lot of these new products I'm looking at buying are also sold by sellers with low feedback and not a large range of products on offer.

Does anyone have any experience of this, leaving an account that might get banned and switching to a new one before they actually ban you? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Never Banned frm eBay, just 30 day suspension. Should I consider Stealth for 2nd

From the sound of things you had a very well established account, hence why ebay gave you light punishment each time you violated their policy.

Do that with a new stealth account and you can be sure you wont last very long on the platform.

The idea of stealth is to learn from your mistakes. If your just going to go back and violate their terms - you'll just get yourself into a vicious cycle.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
chriskemistry (04-06-2017)
Old 04-05-2017

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Never Banned frm eBay, just 30 day suspension. Should I consider Stealth for 2nd

Welcome to the forums!
Old 04-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth
Old 04-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 91%

Welcome to the forums friend.
Old 04-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Need backups going OP
Old 04-10-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

I think it is always better off having multiple back up accounts. I remembered when I had my legitimate Ebay business that was pulling in $400k a year to suddenly not having any coming in! It was awful! I felt stuck and I couldn't do anything about it because ebay had me on a leash! Now that I came upon this forum and the book, the sky is the limit! I will not take what I have learned from my first legitimate account and pretty much dominate it! I am so excited! But we all should always have backups, and the backups should be running and the same time making sales consistently just in case any of them goes down.
Old 04-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Good to be excited konkuy
Old 04-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 81%

Welcome to the forum Mr
Old 04-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

revJonny might be a one and done - sadly.
Old 04-27-2017
Threadstarter  

Hi, no I'm still here, think I'm gonna have to try Stealth. To be honest, I've actually been scared of losing my eBay account for a while, for several reasons:

1. I accidentally started my Amazon Account as a Ltd business that I formed that month (almost just to motivate myself to grow it 50% pretty quickly selling my eBay stuff on another platform) which I forgot about, never sent in the paperwork and it folded, and I carried on as a Sole Trader. Then 3 years later it's suddenly became an issue, and I've been trying to close my Amazon Sellers Account for months before I can open a new one. They eventually told me this was the best thing to do, but I do worry that it might not be that Simple.
2. I was Banned from Etsy because they thought I was connected to someone else somehow, but wouldn't tell me how,why or who.
3. I've often had warnings and items removed from eBay for little or no reason, (particularly in the 24 hours after they'd raised my selling allowances) so I'm nervous to list anything at all really, because they can be a bit over Cautious, and I'm a small seller so I sell unusual Items
4. I was also randomly suspended from PayPal for 2 days without warning, again because they had linked me accidentally to someone else they wanted to ban. I had no idea why and nothing I could do but ask them to let me back and wait.

It might be a risk, but I've only just now started to list new things that are not risky at all, but I've been too cautious. I could be banned anyway like on Etsy, and I had a terrible 2 Days wondering if they would do the same to my PayPal. I could be damned either way so I might as well go for it, otherwise I'll rarely list anything new. I think that's probably why I've been so busy recently, because I'm finally getting exited about my business again. Thanks for the Advice, I'll buy the books on all 3 to make sure I can Stay on eBay and get back on Amazon, and maybe even Etsy too!
Thanks everyone
Old 04-30-2017

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 72%

Welcome to the forum