The number doesn't appear to be registered in your name - PayPal limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-11-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%
Default The number doesn't appear to be registered in your name - PayPal limited

I just got my PayPal limited. They ask me to change my password secret question and also to verify my phone number that I listed on the account. The problem is that the number I used is no longer active. When I tired to add a different number it give me a message “The number doesn't appear to be registered in your name” Would a tracophone work with this issue? It seem that I need to purchase a phone that can registered it in the name of the PayPal account. I know there other form about this issue but I can’t seem to find the solution. Any feedback would be appreciating it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%
Default Re: The number doesn't appear to be registered in your name - PayPal limited

This account is not a new account. It about 2 years old.
Old 05-08-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: The number doesn't appear to be registered in your name - PayPal limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamike View Post
This account is not a new account. It about 2 years old.
I'm also having this issue, using a full prepaid phone that I can set contact info for...
Old 05-08-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

You get "The number doesn't appear to be registered in your name" when you try to change the original phone number that's been used to create the account. It's been recommended for ages to keep the phone number you used to create the account for the life of the account.
Old 05-08-2017

Longevity: 40%

A quick suggestion that just worked for me with a similar issue. Paypal asked me to verify my phone number when i tried to send out money but of course i was using a burner phone and apparently they could tell the phone was registered to the right name so it wouldnt work no matter what. Until i switched it from mobile to home/landline, it worked first try and i think its because they know they cant get the same information they can from a mobile from a landline so they dont even try.
Old 05-08-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by admcgee View Post
A quick suggestion that just worked for me with a similar issue. Paypal asked me to verify my phone number when i tried to send out money but of course i was using a burner phone and apparently they could tell the phone was registered to the right name so it wouldnt work no matter what. Until i switched it from mobile to home/landline, it worked first try and i think its because they know they cant get the same information they can from a mobile from a landline so they dont even try.
This needs to validated by other members so we know this is the case.
Old 05-08-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
This needs to validated by other members so we know this is the case.
What? It just worked for me so i was just suggesting that if OP or the other guy were having a similar issue they could give it a shot? Theres doesnt need to be a field study with trials before someone gives it a try to see if it helps...?