Stealth account from trusted seller has issue-need 2nd opinion pls. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-15-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default Stealth account from trusted seller has issue-need 2nd opinion pls.

I purchased a Stealth account here (EB+PP) from a trusted seller and having issues with PP. I wanted to see if anyone can provide a second opinion here.
I listed my first item a week after purchase as recommended. Sold it a few days later, and went ahead for shipping, however when tried to pring postage on EB, got the following message: "We're having trouble printing your label.
We had problem getting PayPal payment authorization. Please log into PayPal and update the funding source."

I contacted the person I bought the account from and was told to keep trying as it must have been a glitch from Paypal. I tried a few more times and asked whether the attached CC the account came with had any money on it so I can designate that as the primary funding source.
The seller replied that the car had been emptied after the account was created.
I thought this was the reason why I got the error message as Paypal declines the transaction due to insufficient funds. I have the purchase amount pending in my PP pending the 21-day hols of course.
I contacted the seller again and he told me to contact PP to figure this out.
Now, I thing this is really poor customer service for a 3 week-old account I purchased, there is no way I will call them on this brand new stealth account.
Would it not be the seller's responsibility to make sure that this account is fully-functional?
I have purchased a stealth account in the past and never had an issue.
Please help! TIA
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%
Default Re: Stealth account from trusted seller has issue-need 2nd opinion pls.

The account is fully functional.

Not sure why you are expecting the seller to stump up the money to pay for the postage on your item??? Out of interest, how much money do you think should be loaded on to that card for you to spend??

The solution is perfectly simple.

Sort yourself out a VCC that has funds on it, add that to your Paypal account and use it as the funding source to pay for your postage. Assuming you are in the US, as your flags suggests, then suitable Visa / MasterCard gift cards are widely available.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (05-15-2017), blobby (05-15-2017), Bunneh (05-15-2017), slokor (05-18-2017)
Old 05-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
The account is fully functional.

Not sure why you are expecting the seller to stump up the money to pay for the postage on your item??? Out of interest, how much money do you think should be loaded on to that card for you to spend??

The solution is perfectly simple.

Sort yourself out a VCC that has funds on it, add that to your Paypal account and use it as the funding source to pay for your postage. Assuming you are in the US, as your flags suggests, then suitable Visa / MasterCard gift cards are widely available.
What are you smoking? Did I suggest that the seller shall pay for my shipping fees? I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the Paypal account is fully-functional and have $5-10 on the attached VISA card.

Your valuable time is appreciated but don't bother responding to questions here in such rude manner!
Old 05-15-2017

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicsolovag View Post
What are you smoking? Did I suggest that the seller shall pay for my shipping fees? I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the Paypal account is fully-functional and have $5-10 on the attached VISA card.

Your valuable time is appreciated but don't bother responding to questions here in such rude manner!
Why would the seller leave money on the card? You have two options either ship it without eBay label or get a gift card like he said. You must be smoking something lol
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shootemup321 For This Useful Post:
applepbc (05-20-2017), BigCJ (05-15-2017), blobby (05-15-2017), Ebayorbust (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

The way it works when you have payment holds on paypal is this,

The first postage payment needs to be paid for by you from your attached card or paypal balance (NOT PENDING)

Then once paid for, (after about 5 mins) paypal will release that postage amount and put it into your available balance and then you can use that for the next label etc..

The reason your postage is declining is because the card attached is empty and the balance is not available either.

There is NOTHING wrong with the account, this is just how it works on accounts with the payments on hold.
Old 05-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:

You asked for opinions, so I gave mine.

Sorry if you don't like the tone of my reply but I think you are being totally unreasonable to expect an account to be supplied with a loaded vcc without prior arrangement.

What you are looking for could easily be arranged and I'm sure if you were to ask in the marketplace, someone would do this for you and add it on to the price of the account.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

You should be able to ship the item, there's usually a "pay later" option.
Old 05-15-2017

Longevity: 40%

all this could be avoided with shipstation. I think its unreasonable to think the paypal VCC has any money attached unless negotiated in advance. Just add a prepaid card or do shipstation for a month....Its Unlimited and free for the first month, and only $10 for 50 shipments or below for months after. Its really worth it if you ship threw amazon where there is no bulk shipping option.

Good luck OP you should be able to fix this super easy!
Old 05-15-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

The issue is you dont have a balance to spend (since funds are on hold). Usually sellers make it very clear there would be holds on funds received.

Essentially what your trying to do is spend money via PayPal - but since funds are on hold, you have no available balance.

As a result the payment is being declined - just as your bank would decline transactions where there is no overdraft agreement.

The solution to this is pretty simple - for the first 21 days, post items via a post office etc., and pay using cash or a credit/debit card. Then when funds become available after 21 days, you could start utilising the balance in your PayPal account.

Alternatively, you can ask the seller if they would be happy to fund the VCC that is attached to the account. Im sure many would comply with that request if you asked nicely, and charge you a small fee to cover costs.

Hope that clears the confusion a little. All the best with your future endeavours!
Old 05-15-2017

Longevity: 42%

I print everything out stamps.com, done deal. Just it case there is a problem with delivery it comes back to my real address.
Old 05-15-2017

Longevity: 44%

just take it too the post office and pay cash this time, i wouldnt expect the seller to leave money on the vcc unless you asked for it.
Old 05-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Thank you for everyone who responded.
My main issue was that the seller said there must have been a glitch with PP and it clearly wasn't the case. He said the empty CC has nothing to do with it, however it clearly does.
He even suggested to contact Paypal ...that was just weird.

I am happy to pay extra for a pre-loaded CC that is attached since I would need to do this anyway... I think all sellers should specify this and charge that much more as the CC is loaded with.
I should have asked before purchasing and not assume it had a balance.
The Stealth account I purchased before came with a CC attached with $10 balance on it, and was included in the purchase price. Just make good sense.
Old 05-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingling2017 View Post
I print everything out stamps.com, done deal. Just it case there is a problem with delivery it comes back to my real address.
One interesting option but the issue is what the OP expects from the seller of the account
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
dicsolovag (05-17-2017)
Old 05-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Thank you for everyone who responded.
My main issue was that the seller said there must have been a glitch with PP and it clearly wasn't the case. He said the empty CC has nothing to do with it, however it clearly does.
He even suggested to contact Paypal ...that was just weird.

I am happy to pay extra for a pre-loaded CC that is attached since I would need to do this anyway... I think all sellers should specify this and charge that much more as the CC is loaded with.
I should have asked before purchasing and not assume it had a balance.
The Stealth account I purchased before came with a CC attached with $10 balance on it, and was included in the purchase price. Just make good sense.
You are the first person out of hundreds and thousands of people here ( and encountered) that expects there to be funds on a vcc??

Are you having a laugh? Because if you think about the amount of accounts sellers make it just would not work or be ethical.
It is up to YOU to pay for your own shipping. It is also up to YOU to buy your own stock, do you expect sellers to supply you your inventory as well???

Why didnt you ask before buying if the account comes with endless credit for shipping and ebay fees instead of just assuming and looking like a complete plonker.

A Vcc is only on the account to confirm the address. NOTHING MORE.
Old 05-16-2017
Nephilim

Longevity: 0%

The thing with that type of error, it occurs randomly for me. Some accounts can print labels later and others can't. Reason is unknown.

Stating the seller must have a fully functional account is beyond realistic. THis is PayPal, anything can happen. Your in a minefield when you deal with them.
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
You are the first person out of hundreds and thousands of people here ( and encountered) that expects there to be funds on a vcc??

Are you having a laugh? Because if you think about the amount of accounts sellers make it just would not work or be ethical.
It is up to YOU to pay for your own shipping. It is also up to YOU to buy your own stock, do you expect sellers to supply you your inventory as well???

Why didnt you ask before buying if the account comes with endless credit for shipping and ebay fees instead of just assuming and looking like a complete plonker.

A Vcc is only on the account to confirm the address. NOTHING MORE.
if you can't be nice, don't bother responding!

Last edited by TGMT²; 05-18-2017 at 02:36 AM. Reason: not necessary
Old 05-18-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 45%

Hey dicsplolovag. To solve your problem and not delay future transactions just select the "pay it later" option as stated by MM78 above. You can find the option on the postage page while printing the label from within eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS View Post
Hey dicsplolovag. To solve your problem and not delay future transactions just select the "pay it later" option as stated by MM78 above. You can find the option on the postage page while printing the label from within eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man, will do it next time!
Old 05-19-2017

I have to go with the others on this.

If you open a bank account do you expect the bank to put money in the account for you, because without money the debit card isn't 'fully functional'?

It would have been nice to know, but I'm still not convinced it was a serious flaw.

Next time you know to ask.
Old 05-20-2017

Longevity: 48%

you forgot to check the box to have shipping taken out after funds are available, retard

Do any sellers advertise fund availability on attached VCCs? NO

did you happen to get kicked off Ebay for being an entitled douchebag? because you sound like a complete asshat.
Old 05-25-2017

OP made my day.Honestly...
Feel sorry for the guy who sold an account for him.
Can only imagine how his blood pressure sky rocketed after few hours or days of accusations why he scammed the buyer and had not topped up the card with his personal money.
Br....
Old 05-25-2017

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
You should be able to ship the item, there's usually a "pay later" option.
Yes There is, but you have to pay for the first label with ebay that sets up The agrement with ebay an paypal, after that then you get the option to pay later