Paypal -New A/C receiving limits advice needed? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-02-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Paypal -New A/C receiving limits advice needed?

Paypal limited my non stealth main Business account that I have used together with Ebay for over 12 years !!

It has been limited because of a change to the company details, and will remain limited until I supply further info (which I can't currently provide), they have suggested in the meantime to open a new Paypal account.

But what are the limits Paypal will place on receiving amounts for a new personal/premier account?

If I change the Paypal address in Ebay to the new account, and switch the shop back on then it will go straight to previous turnover of about £5K per week.

The stealth guide talks in depth about starting a new Ebay account, and how to start sales slowly and low value etc.. but it doesn't really cover the new Paypal account aspect as much.

So in my scenario, where a new Paypal account will also be in my name (not stealth)... what are the guidelines in how to proceed with taking payments... will a new Paypal account get limited straight away purely from hitting the ground running and taking in £5K per week... and if so.. can anybody advice on how to proceed .. what amounts should I look to start taking and increase over what time frame etc?

Thank in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-02-2017

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Paypal -New A/C receiving limits advice needed?

Once you've been limited, changing the info back isn't going to unlimit you.

5K is too much at first... I've started off with 2K in small payments of $10-15, and they're going to impose a 21 day hold and possibly a maximum month withdrawl limit.

Who suggested you should open a new PP? If you open a new PP with the old info they're going to limit it pretty fast, and EB still shares info with PP so any new one will eventually get hit also.
Old 06-02-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Once you've been limited, changing the info back isn't going to unlimit you.

5K is too much at first... I've started off with 2K in small payments of $10-15, and they're going to impose a 21 day hold and possibly a maximum month withdrawl limit.

Who suggested you should open a new PP? If you open a new PP with the old info they're going to limit it pretty fast, and EB still shares info with PP so any new one will eventually get hit also.

Thanks for the reply... I asked Paypal if I could downgrade my account to personal/premier until I can provide the info they require, but they said no.. and it was Paypal who suggested that I open a new account. Strange I know in this world of stealth to think Paypal suggested opening a new account, but it leads me to believe that my account isn't actually hard/limited for any specific policy breach..more of a business info admin situation..?

Regardless, I did bring up the point about whether a new account would have limitations financially to start with but they declined to answer that point.

The minimum value of an item i sell is £20... the average item price is £50.

I am not limited on Ebay in anyway, but I have had to shut my shop.... the eb account has over 12 years trading.. with a very very high monthly selling limit.

The Paypal account was originally limited because out of the blue there were 3 chargeback cases opened on the same day (I was targeted by a fraud ebay buyer)... and this must have triggered an algorithm for suspected behaviour... these cases were resolved, but they must have routinely checked my account details and discovered that my business details were wrong/out of date... and I can not manually change that now.

If the new PP account does run in to problems because of hitting the ground running with turnover, then surely it would be OK to simply tell them about the new account being opened on the advice of Paypal themselves??

All further suggestions welcome.
Old 06-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Anybody else with advice/experience...?

This is important to get this right for me, the guide doesn't really cover this??
Old 06-05-2017

Have you considered to get creative on providing details ?
Opening new accounts with same details will not get far in a short term.
You will be treated like Baby account, with all holds, low limits and so on
If you will try to sell large you will be limited and most likely no one will be listening your story

Think how to get documents they have asked for
If it take some time

Make few stealth accounts
You can be running most legitimate business and have 100% metrics right even if you opened account same day Ebay was born, it does NOT guarantee 1 day account will be shut for a reason Not depending on you
If you deal with 1 account, you are sitting on time bomb its just a question then it will explode

Few stealths on a side is best insurance you can have.
Old 06-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by paypalmiffed View Post
Anybody else with advice/experience...?

This is important to get this right for me, the guide doesn't really cover this??
The guide can't possibly cover EVERY scenario! that's not what it does.
Old 06-05-2017

The service reps will tell you anything, they only hire people with an IQ below 70.

Truly, this account is toast. And if you open a new PP and link it to EB, PP will eventually find out and close that as well. Maybe fast, maybe slow, but it will happen.

And they'll seize and hold any money there when it happens, so you face a substantial monetary loss by doing it.

You can do it as a stopgap, while you start again with a new EB and PP combo, but this time do several and spread them out.
Old 06-06-2017
Threadstarter  

Yes it does seem incredible that PP have suggested opening another account, but I have read online that it is OK to have 2 PP accounts, one business and one personal... and my feeling (or rather hope) is that my original PP AC is not 'hard limited'.. rather just limited until I can supply this business info.

There's nothing actually wrong with my PP ac, just that the business info is no longer valid, and if I had got in and downgraded the account from business to personal before the routine account check then I wouldn't have been in this situation.

My Ebay account is over 12 years old... (as is the pp).. and the limits I have on ebay will take me years to get build up.

I appreciate after going through this process that PP is such a fragile way to trust in for a business and spreading out ACs is the best way forward.. but I really do want to give it a go maintaining this Ebay account... so still would appreciate any comments regarding levels to put through PP for a new account.... this is no different to having a new stealth account.. and surely everybody on here has some kind of comment regarding the levels they put through a new pp ac to start off with.. and how long to increase sales over etc?

If stealth accounts are meant to be burned out after a time then surely people have experience of starting limits etc?

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
The service reps will tell you anything, they only hire people with an IQ below 70.

Truly, this account is toast. And if you open a new PP and link it to EB, PP will eventually find out and close that as well. Maybe fast, maybe slow, but it will happen.

And they'll seize and hold any money there when it happens, so you face a substantial monetary loss by doing it.

You can do it as a stopgap, while you start again with a new EB and PP combo, but this time do several and spread them out.