Safest way to transfer funds to a BTC exchanger? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-03-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Unhappy Safest way to transfer funds to a BTC exchanger?

Since there is absolutely no way I could get money out of my stealth account, I have to rely on PayPal to Bitcoin exchangers. They offer +10-20% rates based on Preev/Coinbase BTC price.

The problem is, I don't know how I can send the money to them in a way that is not going to trigger PayPal's security system or whatever. The account is VCC verified, I bought it from one of the sellers here, and is pretty aged (about 9 months old now).

I've tried to search around the forum but most of the threads are about sending funds to an account for a one-time purpose, while I am looking for a long-term solution.

I have no bank account I can use. It's also a US PayPal, so withdrawals to VISA cards are not possible. Any help would be appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Safest way to transfer funds to a BTC exchanger?

Using a stealth account to fund BTC is going to be tough. Most exchangers will want some form of verification to do it. Maybe you can setup a few middle-man accounts to send the funds to, then from those to buy your BTC, or send to a friend/family member who the acct is linked to a bank, w/d the fund and buy your bitcoin from there.

Of course these options are complicated, and don't guarantee PP will not catch on eventually if they see nothing but personal payments to the same people over and over again.
Old 06-03-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Using a stealth account to fund BTC is going to be tough. Most exchangers will want some form of verification to do it. Maybe you can setup a few middle-man accounts to send the funds to, then from those to buy your BTC, or send to a friend/family member who the acct is linked to a bank, w/d the fund and buy your bitcoin from there.

Of course these options are complicated, and don't guarantee PP will not catch on eventually if they see nothing but personal payments to the same people over and over again.
I know some people I can trust. I am a member of a forum in which a lot of people sell BTC, and I have good market reputation there. The norm is: whoever has the lower market reputation has to go first. And I have a lot (143 points) so yeah.

Also, yeah, I guess personal payments won't be an option then, so maybe someone else knows a better method :D
Old 06-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Really the best method is going to be a G&S payment from your PayPal to their PayPal
Old 06-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post

Correct about the repeated action catching-on
Old 06-03-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Really the best method is going to be a G&S payment from your PayPal to their PayPal
Well would it be better to put something in the notes?
Old 06-03-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Correct about the repeated action catching-on
Even as goods & services?
Old 06-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuretbn View Post
Even as goods & services?
Using Paypal invoicing would make the transaction look even less suspicious, because then you could have the seller itemize actual merchandise on the invoice. Discuss things with the seller beforehand so you know what you are purchasing. Then have the seller send you an invoice with something random like "52" LED TV", with the proper dollar value for the amount of BTC you are buying.

If the seller will work with you to complete the sale this way, this is for sure the safest way to go about it.

Old 06-03-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Using Paypal invoicing would make the transaction look even less suspicious, because then you could have the seller itemize actual merchandise on the invoice. Discuss things with the seller beforehand so you know what you are purchasing. Then have the seller send you an invoice with something random like "52" LED TV", with the proper dollar value for the amount of BTC you are buying.

If the seller will work with you to complete the sale this way, this is for sure the safest way to go about it.

The seller's PayPal account is from the UK, so I don't think goods will be a good excuse, so I think software development/digital services would be a better alternative. Thanks a lot!
Old 06-03-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
I know some people I can trust. I am a member of a forum in which a lot of people sell BTC, and I have good market reputation there. The norm is: whoever has the lower market reputation has to go first. And I have a lot (143 points) so yeah.

Also, yeah, I guess personal payments won't be an option then, so maybe someone else knows a better method :D
What Forum are you talking about ? I'm interested in buying BTC too.
Old 06-03-2017

Longevity: 68%

There are plenty of people on localbitcoins that will take paypal without any verification.
Old 07-30-2017

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Since there is absolutely no way I could get money out of my stealth account, I have to rely on PayPal to Bitcoin exchangers. They offer +10-20% rates based on Preev/Coinbase BTC price.

The problem is, I don't know how I can send the money to them in a way that is not going to trigger PayPal's security system or whatever. The account is VCC verified, I bought it from one of the sellers here, and is pretty aged (about 9 months old now)

I've tried to search around the forum but most of the threads are about sending funds to an account for a one-time purpose, while I am looking for a long-term solution.

I have no bank account I can use. It's also a US PayPal, so withdrawals to VISA cards are not possible. Any help would be appreciated.

i was confused about this also so im nust trying to help. my post history makes me look like a shill but not. anyway paxful.com is good and i like it better than localbitcoins, more mainstreet feel i guess.

depends on who is logged in but ive paid via paypal from paypal invoice (traded with a btc seller)
paypal friendd and family
i think the jighest rate right now is 0.86 btc on the dollar cor paypal yransfwr
paypal digital gift
- paypal digital gift cards will get you a lower rate by most (0.7 or lower on the dollar) but very convenient as no paypal account interaction needed

another user here once mentioned buying physical paper cash on ebay - 100 bill notes listed as collectors items. The rate there is avout 120 for a 100 note.

*excuse typos - will attempt edit latwr. Samsung S8+ = POS lol big surprise (not)