How many people can ebay suspend? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-28-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default How many people can ebay suspend?

I was just wondering how many people can ebay actually suspend before they start to significantly lose business? I mean if they ban one user they practically ban that users whole household. So if that family moves and another family moves in are they automatically banned? They ban ip addresses sometimes ip addresses get shuffled around so would that mean that every new user that gets that ip address will be banned? Lets say someone logs into their ebay account at work and they work for a big company. Most companies have a few servers who ip addresses all usually start with the same set of numbers and then branch out to connect unique ips for each pc. Would ebay then ban the whole company? after all it would be the same physical street address and a similar ip. That means suspended users would grow exponentially and all new users who sign on could be at risk of obtaining tainted ip and physical addresses.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2007

I agree, makes no sense and sounds like they are shooting themselves in the foot. Based on how they "associate" accounts seems to me before long everyone in the free world will be "associated" with someone who has been banned.
Old 08-28-2007

no i think there must be some sort of numbering or criteria lets say if a user fullfills 3 out of 5 criteria he/she is shot out.. but address must be limiting factor once address is banned its banned..
Old 08-28-2007
Threadstarter  

yea I believe it has to be a certain criteria as well since they say ebay has this new computer system that monitors users actions including what sites they browse, what times they log into their account, what they view when they are signed into their account. Ebay is like the C.I.A
Old 08-28-2007

When you are the only site that does what they do and have 99% control over all online auction sales you can do whatever you want.
Until someone legit with money comes along to compete they will continue to do whatever they want.
They now have suspended at least 100 very good powersellers including one of the first winners of the powersellers award of excellence.
Why is Meg Whitman flying all over the world in her private jet when her company is a total freakin mess?
Until they have competition, they will be the *******s they are.

I know of a lady who got suspended yesterday for having a PO box that was used by a former ebay seller who was suspended, what do you think of that?

Amazing...
Old 08-28-2007

Whatever happened to Google starting an online auction site?
I heard that was going to happen a while back.
Maybe they wouldn't be much better, but if there was some competition they wouldn't be able to get away with quite what they do.
If anyone is big enough to pull it off I think it would be Google.
Old 08-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
Whatever happened to Google starting an online auction site?
I heard that was going to happen a while back.
Maybe they wouldn't be much better, but if there was some competition they wouldn't be able to get away with quite what they do.
If anyone is big enough to pull it off I think it would be Google.
I agree but my business mind tells me they are waiting on ebay to shoot the other foot....................
Old 08-29-2007

sooner or later ebay will either lighten up on sellers, or go under. i think they may offer an amnesty period at which time they will get everyone's ssn in order to sell again. screw up after that and it's all over!
i have been trying to use ioffer since ebay booted me. i have had no luck with them at all. can't even get an item listed. they keep saying it takes a business day for it to show up. been four days and still won't show up.
Old 08-29-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Ebay can suspend a million members if they want. You see they have no competition so they can do whatever they please. Sure they'll lose a few pennies today but they'll make up for it tommorrow.
Old 08-29-2007

Longevity: 99%

I would only laugh when they can ban everyone and all they have left is SELLERS!!!!!
Old 08-29-2007

I would like them ban the buyers, then then couldn't take the buyers side and screw over honest good sellers like they do.

It's an odd thing like everyone makes it out like its the sellers who are the bad ones, when in fact, personally in 12 years of selling on ebay, its been the damn buyers who turned out to be the thieving, lying, cheating group.

Ban the buyers, the sellers are all smart enough to go elsewhere !!

No matter if google runs a site or not, there will always be people who are dishonest and find a way to screw it up.