Changing Info on eBay Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Changing Info on eBay Account

I currently have a Pre 11/07 ebay account, There is a paypal linked to it but i have never used the paypal account because i dont have a SS# to enter into it.

What i want to do is change the name and address info on the eBay account and link it with a brand new paypal account in the same name. A legit paypal with a SS# tagged to it. Is changing info on the account a good idea? or should i jus start a new one? i ask because i have over 100 feeback score on it
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-23-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

You should not change the info on your ebay account, that is sure to raise flags. If you have a pre 11/07 why even use paypal?
Old 04-23-2009

Longevity: 91%

I agree with Lakeman. Your best bet is to open brand new Ebay/Paypal account with matching info and from different IP and window user. Just don't link your old Paypal to anything new because you already had it linked to pre 11/07 account - It doesn't matter that you have not used it.
Old 04-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay View Post
I currently have a Pre 11/07 ebay account, There is a paypal linked to it but i have never used the paypal account because i dont have a SS# to enter into it.

What i want to do is change the name and address info on the eBay account and link it with a brand new paypal account in the same name. A legit paypal with a SS# tagged to it. Is changing info on the account a good idea? or should i jus start a new one? i ask because i have over 100 feeback score on it
If this is your OWN old account, then leave it as it is. A pre 11/07 account does not need paypal to work & ergo does not need a SSN. You have 'gold' there with that account.
Old 04-26-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
If this is your OWN old account, then leave it as it is. A pre 11/07 account does not need paypal to work & ergo does not need a SSN. You have 'gold' there with that account.

Well the problem is i finally found my niche and my items go in the $250-$400 range and without Paypal i get a huge amount of non paying bidders. I did well with this account with items in the $50 range but i no longer sell them right now.

I also want to attach my real name to my accounts. My dad says i can use his SS# and we have the same name.

So attaching a new paypal and changing my personal Info on eBay is not a good idea right? I just wanted to ask, i have no problem making a new one but i got alot of feedback at 100% on that account and i dont want it to just sit there for a while until i am ready to use it again, If i ever do.
Old 04-26-2009

Longevity: 86%

I want to know what you mean by you dont need a PayPl acc on pre 112007, as I have exactly 11/07 acc. and i just got a 'more info' thing from PP, so they will close the pp account which i use to pay fees from... how do i not hav to link them?
Can I unlink it? how do i pay fees then?
I get paid into a total seperate ppal account, so thats cool. but not linked, cant link as diff name.

When they close my PP acc in a few days for not providing more ID will that then close my eBay account?
should i open a new ppal account and link that one to the pre 11/07 account? if not then how do I work this one pleease?
PM if u like.
cheers all.
Old 04-30-2009

I have a similar question...I was recently booted ....but before I was booted out, i requested that an old 2002 account that was closed be reinstated..and it was...the bad thing is..this old account has some info matching the recently closed account..I was thinking of updating my personal info on it..but I was not sure....the old account has a closed pp acct tied to it..and the recently closed account has an open pp acct tied to it..all real info..I was going to start off with bidding on things ...and see where it goes...but if you guys have experience with anything like this..i'd love to hear the advice also..
Old 05-01-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Once the info is given to Ebay or Paypal they never forget it. So even if you change the info, it's still really there on ebays side.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but if the paypal that you used with the ebay is limited then you are more then likely going to have a suspended ebay account also when you try to start selling. The only thing you can do is give it a try and take it slow, but be ready if you get suspended.
Old 05-01-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
Once the info is given to Ebay or Paypal they never forget it. So even if you change the info, it's still really there on ebays side.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but if the paypal that you used with the ebay is limited then you are more then likely going to have a suspended ebay account also when you try to start selling. The only thing you can do is give it a try and take it slow, but be ready if you get suspended.
I dont think u understand what i am saying?

the eBay account that was linked to my real paypal are both suspended, this happened a few years ago.

I have another Pre 11/07 account that i have been using occassionally but only for small stuff. I would like to use Paypal with this account because what i sell sellers wont pay unless i have paypal. I currently use my GF's account for the big stuff but she kinda wants me to shy away from it so she doesnt get chased down by the tax man.

I want to change Info on my ebay account to match my real info. Using my name will be ok but i will be using a different address so getting linked shouldnt be a problem because the last time i logged onto that account i had a different IP and computer anyways.

Now i have a legit paypal ready to use and i would like to change the info on that ebay account to match it because i have a ton of feedback already on it that i dont want to give up, plus its just going to sit there and collect dust unless i can add a paypal to it
Old 05-01-2009

Sorry Killed by Ebay, I was directing that to Woogie.

I think the best option for both of you is to start new accounts.

Last edited by lakeman; 05-01-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2009

Thanks lakeman- I was hoping there was a way around it.
Old 05-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

woogie, One word LINK. ebay/paypal link. Just keep that in mind when thinking of changing info or using old accounts. Any info 'looks' changed on your side and you think 'great' but the deleted info is still there with ebay/paypal. So if a new account is flagged & a deeper check is made...linking, suspension, crying.