Hong Kong Company, PayPal and HSBC Business account - but residency/ip outside HK - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-10-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default Hong Kong Company, PayPal and HSBC Business account - but residency/ip outside HK

After having my UK PayPal limited due to having my company registered in Hong Kong, I am just about to open a new Hong Kong PayPal that I will link to my HSBC business bank account and credit card. This will be my main account with 100% real and legitimate information. (Note. I have not been banned from PayPal, just permanently limited and told to open a new one in Hong Kong).

Does anyone have experience with using a Hong Kong PayPal, when you are not actually a resident in Hong Kong? For address proof, all I have is a virtual office. I actually live in Thailand. Now I am sure that there are thousands of businesses using a Hong Kong company all legitimately, but with the account owner actually based elsewhere.

I am wondering if my IP location (Thailand) will cause problems with this? Just to note that PayPal thinks I'm actually a UK resident due to previous proof I have sent them, but advised me to have a PayPal in the same country as my company. I have never used anything to hide my IP, for example I successfully used my UK PayPal for 2 years mostly from Thailand and other countries where I've been. It was the fact that I started using my HK Ltd. as my company name on PayPal which triggered the restriction, as they could not locate my company from the UK company database.

My main question is that should I just use whatever IP I've always used in Thailand as I have nothing to hide from them, or should use a VPN with a Hong Kong IP address? Which one do you think is likely to cause more problems?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Hong Kong Company, PayPal and HSBC Business account - but residency/ip outside HK

Bump. Anyone got any info/experience please?

I am now at the stage where PayPal is asking for my verification documents. I am not sure if I should just give them proof of my residential address outside of Hong Kong - will they accept it?

Or should I give them some stealth docs to show a HK residential address?
Old 06-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Hong Kong Company, PayPal and HSBC Business account - but residency/ip outside HK

no experience with this, but maybe you can login with your uk ip address to your bank first, let cookies settle in, then login with hk ip address, that way they'll know it's you.
Old 06-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
no experience with this, but maybe you can login with your uk ip address to your bank first, let cookies settle in, then login with hk ip address, that way they'll know it's you.
Sorry, I didn't read properly what my original post was about. The IP is not a problem but I am concerned whether PayPal HK accepts residential address outside the country.
Old 06-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

I use my US PayPal from SE Asia for the past five years (used to be US resident). I travel frequently between Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore without issues. No need for a VPN.

If the account is already aged and there are no issues, PP doesn't seem to care with my country hopping, even long term.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
Sackler (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I use my US PayPal from SE Asia for the past five years (used to be US resident). I travel frequently between Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore without issues. No need for a VPN.

If the account is already aged and there are no issues, PP doesn't seem to care with my country hopping, even long term.
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had your US account in total?
Old 06-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackler View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had your US account in total?
My personal PayPal was created in 2000, so it's 17 years old. Maybe that plays a factor as to why I don't have issues with it when I travel. It's a US PayPal using US accounts, but I use it most of the time in SE Asia.

Compare this to my banks (Wells Fargo especially) that trip all kinds of security if I try and acess from a non-US IP.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
Sackler (06-19-2017)
Old 10-05-2017

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS1 View Post
Sorry, I didn't read properly what my original post was about. The IP is not a problem but I am concerned whether PayPal HK accepts residential address outside the country.
Are you succesfull registered for a HK Paypal account?
Old 10-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1980 View Post
Are you succesfull registered for a HK Paypal account?
Yes, successfully opened and verified with HSBC corporate account and utility bill showing residential address from outside HK.
Old 06-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

Was your hsbc account based in Hong Kong?

Having same issue wants to add bank account on Hong Kong PayPal transfer wise account is not working PayPal keep giving error same with world first

Got Hong Kong hsbc but this does not has routing no