PayPal account limited need a little bit of advice please. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-19-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Unhappy PayPal account limited need a little bit of advice please.

Hello everyone, I awoke to a nasty surprise today. I checked my emails and read this.

Your PayPal account has been limited because some of your buyers have reported they never received their merchandise or services, or there was a problem with what they received. As your payment processor, we need to better understand the situation.

What does this mean?

This account limitation will affect your ability to:

send money
withdraw money

Additionally, you cannot:

remove any bank accounts
remove credit cards
close your account

What to do next

Please log in to your PayPal account and visit the Resolution Center before August 3, 2017 to provide the requested information. If we don't receive this information before August 3, 2017 or we notice additional significant changes in your account activity, your account access may be further limited.

Once we receive and review your documentation, we will email you regarding the status of your account.

( They want Photo ID, Proof of SSN, Shipment Info, Invoices. )

I believe that I have been limited because I muddled up 2 peoples orders they both received the incorrect item and entered a dispute and 2 days later I got limited.

The account currently has $2100 balance and it is a stealth account. I want to know if there's any chance of saving my money?
I am aware I could send in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ docs but whats the chance of this working nowadays?

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Chucky1q2w; 06-19-2017 at 06:12 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2017

Longevity: 39%
Default Re: PayPal account limited need a little bit of advice please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky1q2w View Post
Hello everyone, I awoke to a nasty surprise today. I checked my emails and read this.

Your PayPal account has been limited because some of your buyers have reported they never received their merchandise or services, or there was a problem with what they received. As your payment processor, we need to better understand the situation.

What does this mean?

This account limitation will affect your ability to:

send money
withdraw money

Additionally, you cannot:

remove any bank accounts
remove credit cards
close your account

What to do next

Please log in to your PayPal account and visit the Resolution Center before August 3, 2017 to provide the requested information. If we don't receive this information before August 3, 2017 or we notice additional significant changes in your account activity, your account access may be further limited.

Once we receive and review your documentation, we will email you regarding the status of your account.

I believe that I have been limited because I muddled up 2 peoples orders they both received the incorrect item and entered a dispute and 2 days later I got limited.

The account currently has $2100 balance and it is a stealth account. I want to know if there's any chance of saving my money?
I am aware I could send in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ docs but whats the chance of this working nowadays?

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.
I am not by any means an expert but even if you were to f*ke the documents Paypal would probably hand you the 'excessive risk involved email' and keep the money for 180 days. You account has been limited due to problems with receiving items and from PayPal's point of view it's a thing of "if we give this guy back his account what's to say he won't just withdraw the funds and leave us to deal with the refunds when more chargebacks are open"

Again, I'm no expert but your situation doesn't look good as far as I can tell..
The Following User Says Thank You to rollinandrollout For This Useful Post:
Chucky1q2w (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinandrollout View Post
I am not by any means an expert but even if you were to f*ke the documents Paypal would probably hand you the 'excessive risk involved email' and keep the money for 180 days. You account has been limited due to problems with receiving items and from PayPal's point of view it's a thing of "if we give this guy back his account what's to say he won't just withdraw the funds and leave us to deal with the refunds when more chargebacks are open"

Again, I'm no expert but your situation doesn't look good as far as I can tell..
Thank you for your input. There are currently no open cases on my PayPal account both buyers have requested and received full refunds. I have no outstanding orders so I am not a risk factor because I owe no one nothing?
Old 06-19-2017

Longevity: 51%

they will be a time. after 180 days. you ability to withdraw will be restored
The Following User Says Thank You to Qwoty For This Useful Post:
Chucky1q2w (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017
Threadstarter  

180 days is painfully long to wait, Better than nothing I suppose. Will I get my funds after 180 days if I do not send any documents?
Old 06-19-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Thank you for your input. There are currently no open cases on my PayPal account both buyers have requested and received full refunds. I have no outstanding orders so I am not a risk factor because I owe no one nothing?
I see what you mean but it's rarely good news with PayPal so it's probably a 180 days situation. However they review the account every 30 days for withdrawal eligibility and if you tell them what you just wrote they might allow you to withdraw.
Old 06-19-2017
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
( They want Photo ID, Proof of SSN, Shipment Info, Invoices. )
When the SS# is a requirement, that is usually the death of a Stealth account.

Your only option to restore the account is to get them to drop that requirement.. but that will require a call to PP with your best excuse on why you don't feel comfortable giving it to them and them accepting your reason.

Otherwise, yes, you will get your funds in 180 days if no fraud or counterfeit sales are involved. Most people can get their balance way sooner (after 60 days) but that requires a call also.

The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
rsot (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
You are a risk factor in PP's eyes based on prior activity - just to clarify...PP can be quite stringent
Old 06-19-2017

Longevity: 72%

Maybe you can get and use an EIN instead.

PP only checks to see it's valid, not who it belongs to.

Probably going to burn the EIN though, you may get your money back back the PP is probably shot.
Old 06-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks for responses everyone. I guess I will just wait the 180 days, Its all part of the game I guess. Live and learn.

I am not going to bother with sending of the docs its not worth wasting any more time or money on this account. Will just consider my 2k as a little rainy day fund for 6 months time, thats if they actually let me withdraw in 6 months we will see.
Old 06-22-2017

Longevity: 72%

BTW, the EB account attached to it is toast also. You can use it to buy, but you'll never be able to sell with it again long term.

Time to fire up some new stealth accounts.

And next time deal with it promptly so they don't open a case in the first place.