Stealth PayPals won't let me purchase - asks for credit card even when got one? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-01-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Thumbs down Stealth PayPals won't let me purchase - asks for credit card even when got one?

Hey guys,

I've got a couple of UK stealth paypals that are verified with VCC etc, EU limits lifted and already made +30 sales with them. I don't have bank accounts attached to them as I'm not planning to withdraw any money. I want to simply use my funds to make purchases.

However, when I'm trying to subscribe for payments to my supplier it asks me to insert a credit card, even when I already have one on file that is verified? When I try to insert the same again it just goes loading and returns to the same screen.

I have around £500 balance on the accounts and trying to make a purchase for £100. I have emailed PayPal but they just keep sending me automated replies and don't reply to my follow ups.

I found other people having this issue from 2010 and 2015 on PayPal forums: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...-on/td-p/78581 but there was no solution.

Does this mean there is some flag on my account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2017

Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Stealth PayPals won't let me purchase - asks for credit card even when got one?

I know the reason why. When you are making payment which is like a continuing subscription, instead of one-off payment, paypal requires you to add a valid credit card.

That's all I know so far. Further reason may be you are using a VCC instead of a physical credit card. Or maybe it can be solved by adding another VCC.
Old 07-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Stealth PayPals won't let me purchase - asks for credit card even when got one?

Subscriptions don't work with VCC attached, except the VCC has enough money on it for the first subscription term, even then sometimes it won't work.

Also I dont know how old the account is, your account might be too new for the purchase, give it some time until paypal trusts you more.
Old 07-02-2017
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It seems this happens with subscription services.. this wasn't a problem not too long ago, it seems relatively new.
Old 07-02-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys.. my accounts are a few months old. I cannot get any real UK credit cards since I'm not resident there.

Is there any solution to this, maybe a specific type of VCC? This is really a big problem for me as this is the way I would cash out from these stealths. Use them to pay my supplier for products that are also sold on my legit PayPal.
Old 07-02-2017

Longevity: 44%

As others said, its to do with the subscription thing. You could try and contact the seller and send a direct payment? I mean if its a large site I doubt that will be a solution but you would be surprised.
Old 07-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS1 View Post
Use them to pay my supplier for products that are also sold on my legit PayPal.
why would you need a subscription for that then?

I have a US paypal that I can't cash out from (no us bank account) and use it to pay my supplier. However I was in a similar situation when the paypal account was only 1 month or so old. I couldn't pay through my suppliers website. Now it eventually works. I guess it has something to do with paypal not trusting you in the beginning. Give it some time.
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
why would you need a subscription for that then?

I have a US paypal that I can't cash out from (no us bank account) and use it to pay my supplier. However I was in a similar situation when the paypal account was only 1 month or so old. I couldn't pay through my suppliers website. Now it eventually works. I guess it has something to do with paypal not trusting you in the beginning. Give it some time.
It's a kind of a system where I am able to send payments to PayPal via my software providers dashboards by one click for a specified sum. This then gives me balance on the dashboard that I spend on purchasing from them.

I finally got a reply from PayPal that doesn't really help:

"I would like to assure you that your account is fully set-up for billing agreements and subscription. It is possible that this error occurs due to your seller's preferences. To immediately resolve your concern, I highly recommend contacting your seller directly."

And as expected, the seller told me to contact PayPal :P

Maybe I will give it a few months and try again.
Old 08-08-2017
Threadstarter  

This issue is getting really annoying. I tried with another VCC but it now gives the following message:

"We're sorry, but your card issuer declined the payment. To complete your purchase, check your card details are correct or try a different card."

But I'm not trying to use a card to begin with, I want to use my PayPal balance. Can anyone recommend a specific type of VCC for this?
Old 08-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Found a solution:

Solved the problem by adding a new VCC from a different provider.
The Following User Says Thank You to SS1 For This Useful Post:
mrworldwide (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018

Longevity: 36%

Great! which VCC did you go with? Im in a similar situation and could do with the insight! I have no bank linked to my paypal but also want to purchase vouchers online.