Will non payment of EBAY fees affect your credit? Collection Agencies? LEGAL ACTION? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 06-29-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Will non payment of EBAY fees affect your credit? Collection Agencies? LEGAL ACTION?

I got a letter today from a collection agency for Ebay fees of 133.00 The letter said I could log on to my Ebay account to take care of it. I went to the library and tried to sign in but it wanted to to do a phone verify. The cell phone # of course is no good so I tried to update the info with a borrowed cell phone but the site took me to a re-register site.What a hokey bunch of sneaky stuff!
All my suspended accounts were paid in full prior to being suspended unfortunately so why is Ebay wasting time on this?Paypal froze those accounts with 1200.00 and the other with over 600.00.
I know I should just ignore this but they try to make it seem like there's a chance to fix it all .NOT!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-29-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Why did eBay suspended you in the first place? Was it because of not paying fees?
Old 07-04-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Old 08-09-2007

Default Will non payment of EBAY fees affect your credit? Collection Agencies?

I was suspended from Ebay with my 1st account which had my real name, telephone # and address. I have a balance of about $600 for fees I didnt pay after getting suspended. Now Ebay Collections is calling me. I am moving in the next 2 weeks and can easily change my # however I am worried if NOT paying my Fees with my Real Info can affect my CREDIT. Please help!
Old 08-09-2007
Administrator

Maybe, maybe not... They have your name, address and phone number. They probably have more information. I'm not sure if that's enough information to affect your credit rating. I would think they would need your SS#, but maybe they don't. I would like to say no, they can't affect your credit rating, but since they have a decent amount of information on you, I'm not sure.
Old 08-09-2007

Longevity: 97%

YES. Any company that has a rightful debt owed can place a file on the major credit bureaus. YES.
Old 08-09-2007

ebay does not have SSN #. How can they place a file on your credit? They will get sue if they place it on a different people.

without SSN #, they cannot POSITIVELY identify you.

unless paypal gives them this info...(I don't know about this)
Old 08-10-2007
Banned

Once i had a company place a file on my credit report and they didnt even have my SSN#. I
Old 08-11-2007

Not paying fees will affect your credit rating.
My old partner owed $300.00 to past due fees.
He was sent letters in the mail for a period of time and contacted by ebay (or their collection company)by phone numerous times.
He ignored them.
They had his name,and address on file.
He got his credit score when he went for a new mortage and the ebay $ was on it.....affected his score.
Old 08-11-2007

So it's best then for me to pay?
Old 08-12-2007
Administrator

Probably. ,
Old 08-13-2007

Longevity: 96%

Interesting notes guys thanks.

I guess I am glad to hear that, after I finally coughed up the dough I owed those b@stards.
I actually had to pay 3 accounts, and they all got to the collection agency.

I paid one finally.... then a few weeks later the same company called and axked for a different amount. I played dumb and said you idiots, I already paid you, and I read the lady the e-mail I had gotten from her company thanking me for paying it...... she said to fwd that to her boss' e-mail, which I did, and that he'd respond to it right away.
He never did (must be related to eBay).

Then I got banged again a month or so later, and paid up again.

Now I got suspended from eBay again tonight, with about $300 in dues. I guess I for sure will pay the pricks again..... I hate eBay..... let's sue them!

And I had 100% positive feedback, which means NOTHING to eBay.
Old 08-14-2007

Yes, it could affect your rating, IF they can prove it was acutally you. Most Credit reporting systems use the SS# as the big reference. If it appears on your report, dispute it and ask for further information, have to actually prove it was you.
Old 08-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Once i had a company place a file on my credit report and they didnt even have my SSN#. I
Since this all takes place in cyberspace it is ryfe for identity theft. Why not just stiff them and put a letter of explanation in your credit file (which you are allowed to do)
Old 08-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsSueEbay View Post
Interesting notes guys thanks.

I guess I am glad to hear that, after I finally coughed up the dough I owed those b@stards.
I actually had to pay 3 accounts, and they all got to the collection agency.
How did you get three ebay accounts all with your real info?
Old 08-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
How did you get three ebay accounts all with your real info?

I've been selling on eBay since 2000, and in total, I think I have had 12-15 accounts, plus my wife has had a couple.

Back in the early days, you could legally shill-bid even.
Things have sure changed.

In the last wave when eBay banged me, I had 3 accounts running.... this was a few months ago, maybe in April, but I keep losing track since it's happened so many times.
When they suspended me this time, they only hit one account. So then I used the 2nd one and it worked for a few weeks of sales. Then they banged that one. Then I used the 3rd one and somehow it worked for awhile. Then they got it.

So I used new info, new CC, e-mail address, and created a new identity in about May, and have been flying since then, over 250 + feedbacks no negatives. Then last night, all of a sudden with no warning signs, boom, the dreaded SUSPENDED e-mail from those c***suckers again. I wish I knew how their system works. I wonder if anyone alerted them to something, or if their computer robots detected it, or a live person there at eBay snooped into it.

I think my wife's account (I think she has 2 again), are still okay..... she'll check today. If they are good, I will use them for the time being, but I plan on getting a new CC, using a new Bank account with the DBA business name, etc..... and getting TimeWarner to replace my modem, hopefully I can coast clear for a few years again.

By the way, and take this tongue and cheek: I pray we prevent all future terrorism attacks like 9-11 and the many overseas, but as I was not surprised by 9-11, I expect more again. I hope not, but I expect it. So if it happens again, can I nominate eBay inc. instead of NYC or DC for a target to those Muslim maniacs?

Instead of an innocent planeful of we the people..... why not eBay headquarters? Are there even people there, or just webforms and robots?
Old 08-28-2007

Folks, you have to understand that ebay can collect or try to collect fees, but they have to follow the FDCRA to do so.
Ebay will not collect it, they will send a collection agency after you.
Now, the poster who said they sent you a letter, you have 30 days to answer that letter, if you dont it is considered valid and can be collected and placed on your credit file.
If you send them a letter asking for validation of the alleged debt, most collection agencies cannot legally validate it and go away.
Remember it is their burden of proof that you owe it, it is in no way your burden to prove you dont.
They will send you what is called a dunning letter trying to scare you into paying, 99% of all collection agencies send it hoping you do not know the laws and get scared and pay them.
Fight back with knowledge of collection laws, they cannot stand it !
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack2007 View Post
ebay does not have SSN #. How can they place a file on your credit? They will get sue if they place it on a different people.

without SSN #, they cannot POSITIVELY identify you.

unless paypal gives them this info...(I don't know about this)
EXACTLY ebay can ⊗⊗⊗⊗ call you and say they are a collection agency or just a collection dept. you do not have to pay it. thats a loop hole that ebay needs to fix. If they keep banning people left and right even legit ones later on in the future they are going to have a hard time making revenues and try to improve year over year. They will not SUE either becuase this requires alot of work and alot of resources to sue somone especially when ebay is actually ran by a COMPUTER and not human. Got to: creditboards.com to find your answers how ebay cant sue unless there is tons of fees like 30k or so...:D
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
Folks, you have to understand that ebay can collect or try to collect fees, but they have to follow the FDCRA to do so.
Ebay will not collect it, they will send a collection agency after you.
Now, the poster who said they sent you a letter, you have 30 days to answer that letter, if you dont it is considered valid and can be collected and placed on your credit file.
If you send them a letter asking for validation of the alleged debt, most collection agencies cannot legally validate it and go away.
Remember it is their burden of proof that you owe it, it is in no way your burden to prove you dont.
They will send you what is called a dunning letter trying to scare you into paying, 99% of all collection agencies send it hoping you do not know the laws and get scared and pay them.
Fight back with knowledge of collection laws, they cannot stand it !
exactly my fellow brother EXACTLY.
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsSueEbay View Post

And I had 100% positive feedback, which means NOTHING to eBay.
yeah ebay does not give one hoot about how much or how good your feedback is. i had 3000+ at 100% positive. they booted me like it was nothing. on average my ebay monthly fees were around $2000. they are the giants, they don't care. as far as they care, we are lucky to be able to use their site.
Old 08-29-2007
Banned

ATTN: i work for a credit restoration company. If any one need there credit repaired and want to make good money to shoot me a PM. I have my credit report as proof! I have had 13 items deleted of my credit report within 2 months
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Hanson For This Useful Post:
cocozhang0615 (09-19-2018)
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
ATTN: i work for a credit restoration company. If any one need there credit repaired and want to make good money to shoot me a PM. I have my credit report as proof! I have had 13 items deleted of my credit report within 2 months
cool chirs :D