Item listing questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-04-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Item listing questions

Hi...I will be getting my first stealth accounts tomorrow. (I have not been on Ebay or PayPal for many years.)

I have read the stealth guide several times, I've been combing through the forum questions, answers, and posts...trying to get a good grasp on things before starting....

1) In reading about vero products, I wanted to ask....I have one or two items I purchased directly through manufacturer during after Xmas sales...they are brand name products, new in the box that I was going to list during my first month...Will I jeopardize my stealth account if I list something like this?

2) One of the accounts I'm getting I will be selling brand name items bought at auctions. They are I think low-risk items (my friend was selling these items on Amazon with no issues until the person selling for him disappeared after several months....brand name items bought in an auction, will this be an issue for my account?

Thanks, I appreciate any help possible.

Last edited by Warrioressone; 07-04-2017 at 02:20 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Item listing questions

It really depends on what the brand is

Some are fine and some will kill the account right away
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Warrioressone (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017

If you're selling them wholesale it MAY cause issues, the odd item (1 quantity) with proper home taken photographs SHOULD be fine. Think of it this way, you have never used eBay before, you signed up to get rid of the **** in your house.

That is how you should treat EVERY fresh account, as if you were selling the tat out of your loft.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AK81 For This Useful Post:
munrznnw (07-04-2017), Qwoty (07-04-2017), Warrioressone (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks JamesNorth101 and AK81....I appreciate your replies.

I was looking at it as cleaning out the extras in my house, which I did years ago when I was on ebay. The 1 or individual items are both different and different brands.

The auction items, should I wait on those for a month or more before listing? I can get copies of the receipts on all items if needed....I just don't want issues from the start while establishing trust with ebay/paypal that my accounts are good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Warrioressone For This Useful Post:
AK81 (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrioressone View Post
Hi...I will be getting my first stealth accounts tomorrow. (I have not been on Ebay or PayPal for many years.)

I have read the stealth guide several times, I've been combing through the forum questions, answers, and posts...trying to get a good grasp on things before starting....

1) In reading about vero products, I wanted to ask....I have one or two items I purchased directly through manufacturer during after Xmas sales...they are brand name products, new in the box that I was going to list during my first month...Will I jeopardize my stealth account if I list something like this?

2) One of the accounts I'm getting I will be selling brand name items bought at auctions. They are I think low-risk items (my friend was selling these items on Amazon with no issues until the person selling for him disappeared after several months....brand name items bought in an auction, will this be an issue for my account?

Thanks, I appreciate any help possible.
Congrats on going stealth! It is always safe to start slow and work your way up. If it is a brand new stealth account, I would not list any VERO/name brand items right away. Start with small things around the house, dollar store items, etc. Gain as much positive seller feedback as you can. Once you start becoming "reliable" in the eyes of eBay, you can move on to bigger and more valuable items.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gammzy98 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrioressone View Post
Thanks JamesNorth101 and AK81....I appreciate your replies.

I was looking at it as cleaning out the extras in my house, which I did years ago when I was on ebay. The 1 or individual items are both different and different brands.

The auction items, should I wait on those for a month or more before listing? I can get copies of the receipts on all items if needed....I just don't want issues from the start while establishing trust with ebay/paypal that my accounts are good.
Personally I would put the auctions up first, eBay is after all known to be an auction site. I think my very first legitimate use of eBay was an auction, the same with both of my parents because I helped them create the listing.
The Following User Says Thank You to AK81 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Gammzy98 and AK81...thank you both....good solid advice. I was wondering about doing afew auctions to start...I did them frequently several years ago before my ex ruined my account...good place to start!

I'll stay away from VERO for now, until accounts are more established...LOVE local thrift stores, 50% off sales...I have leather coats (gently used, shoes with original tags still on them..lots of things suitable for auctions and building my accounts.
Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK81 View Post
If you're selling them wholesale it MAY cause issues, the odd item (1 quantity) with proper home taken photographs SHOULD be fine. Think of it this way, you have never used eBay before, you signed up to get rid of the **** in your house.

That is how you should treat EVERY fresh account, as if you were selling the tat out of your loft.
Yep, ebay reitarates this alot... "Did you know that the average household

has 4000 bananas worth of unwanted goods blah blah. They always tend to goad you on, then change their mind in a flash
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qwoty For This Useful Post:
AK81 (07-04-2017), Warrioressone (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

I appreciate all of the help, thanks so much!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Warrioressone For This Useful Post:
AK81 (07-04-2017)
Old 07-05-2017

Longevity: 72%

Just a few comments and notes.

I sold clothing for years and years and years.

Coats and shoes are heavy and bulky and cost a lot to ship, so much so that they frequently aren't competitive. The best clothing items are less than 16 oz so they can be sent USPS First Class, though these days 16 oz is nearly a Priority Rate.

Coats are seasonal. They won't sell most of the year. Lately, with warmer winters many places, they often don't sell at all anytime, particularly in the south. There's a reason they're in the thrift store.

Returns can run anywhere from 3-7%. This is a significant risk/cost. Returns for my current selling categories run 1/10-3/10 of 1%. Almost zero, for all intents and purposes.

Shoes and clothing are categories with low limits on name brands when you're starting out. Competitors are cut-throat, and prices are often extremely low. Thrift store purchases are often defective in difficult to discern ways with the inexpert eye.

Style is critical. Last year or last decade's cut or color or fabric is a zebra in a race-horse market. It'll sit in your garage until you die of old age or re-donate it.

It also is a deeply troubled category with a high rate of returns, and a 'free rental' and 'look it over and see if I like it before I keep it" problem.

Measurements are a must, and even with measurements if people complain they don't fit or don't fit properly, returns will be on you, not the buyer. I assure you many people believe they are a small, but are actually an extra large. They will cut you no slack if it doesn't stretch enough to cover the belly fat from last year's Christmas cookies and eggnog.

Heaven forbid you don't know the difference between an outlet mall Ralph Lauren and a Dillard's or Macy's Ralph Lauren, they will claim fraud in a heartbeat.

If you send clothing Priority Mail due to weight and it is returned to you, it will come back to you Priority, and even a Flat Rate envelope is around $5.95, (which won't work for most clothing), so a return will cost you at least $12 round trip just in lost postage.

Not that you can't make decent money in these categories, because people do, but it is an uphill battle.

Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
TN2016 (07-06-2017), Warrioressone (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks Dallis, great points I hadn't thought of!