Hello Everyone, from a long time ebay user (a ton of accounts) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 05-03-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Hello Everyone, from a long time ebay user (a ton of accounts)

Hey what's up! I just joined a few days ago and have learned a lot.

A little about me, I'm a full time college student and since 2001 or so I've been selling on ebay.

I started selling "wholesale lists" in highschool, then moved up to ringtones, then lance armstrong bands and breast cancer bracelets.. then I foudn Vero items I have and do sell several legit items as well (I wanted to go legit cause i gre tired of the hassle of ebay and paypal limitations)

My biggest downfall was in 2005 (summer) I thought i had a good contact with ipods , so i sold them in advance, $12,000 worth. Then i realizes my supplier couldnt send them (i foudn this person on ioffer) I had already withdrew all this money from my paypal accoutn and had it sitting in my bank account. Well, after my supplier basically said they couldnt supply them i trie dto scramble aroudn trying to find a supplier who could bail me out, even if it meant me just breaking even as I had $12k and no ipods and pissed off people with no products. Well, i started to issue refunds when i realized this was not gonna work out. Well, after it was all said and done my PP accoutn wound up about -$3500 bucks. UH OH! I did a lot of research on what would happen, and apparently i was in the clear, as they won't come find you unless it's over $5000.. so that was the start of it.

Since then It's been a game of cat and mouse, ebay accounts, paypal accoutns, vero items etc..

I never was able to change my ip address for some reason because i was going through a router, and all the directinos were the directions for the modem resetting, so my ip never changed and i just assumed my ISP gave me a Static IP.. so i just used to goto school, print labels and create new accoutns from there and manage my auctions. lol

I used skype for all my phone calls so that was easy. It wasnt until recently I figured out how to change my ip.. now I got a number of ebay accoutns and papal accounts, I plan to make some money on! lol..

I love ebay, i've made a ton of money on it, in 2008 i made more money on ebay then all of my friends did at their crappy part time jobs, i bought a nice car (lexus) and have a alot of nice things and finally got into the hobbies that I love (RC)

I a few legit items that I have a high profit margin on.. but if you're anything like me you want to make more! so with my new foudn glory of new paypal and ebay accounts.. i'm going to try Vero again

Well.. that's me!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

interesting story and welcome to the forum...

did paypal send you to collections or have you since paid it back??
Old 05-03-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Good read, thanks!

Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
interesting story and welcome to the forum...

did paypal send you to collections or have you since paid it back??
The $3500 got sent to collections, NCO financial.. but the funny thing is it never showed up on my credit report, so i never paid.. but I still get snail mail from NCO financial about it lol.. i aint gonna pay until the day it shows up on my credit report.. if it ever does, which i doubt at this point it's been damn near 4 years.