Etsy advice please new ID - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 06-06-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Etsy advice please new ID

I was banned a long time ago from Etsy and want to open a new store. My brother is going to open an Etsy account and let me use it to sell. I will have a bank account in his name and can provide an ID but it will be a new PayPal account too and do I have to add that straightaway? Or is Direct Chekout just as popular? I know I need to have a new user account on the laptop and I have a mobile wifi device to connect through would that be safe to use as a new IP address? Thank you in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-07-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%
Default Re: Etsy advice please new ID

If you are opening the store in the U.K. You have no choice but to use DC.
Old 06-07-2017

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjastyle View Post
I was banned a long time ago from Etsy and want to open a new store. My brother is going to open an Etsy account and let me use it to sell. I will have a bank account in his name and can provide an ID but it will be a new PayPal account too and do I have to add that straightaway? Or is Direct Chekout just as popular? I know I need to have a new user account on the laptop and I have a mobile wifi device to connect through would that be safe to use as a new IP address? Thank you in advance.
As a UK seller as Gladiator mentioned you wont be able to use pay.pal now, it has to be direct checkout. But if you are using your brothers information it sounds like you will have no problem opening up.

I would however say that if your brother shares the same last name, Et.sy may link your old account to this new one. But I must admit I'm not sure how strict Et.sy are on that sort of thing. But if your ban was not a recent one perhaps it wont matter.

Keep a log of your IP's every time you use Et.sy, if this account gets shut down too and you want to make a new stealth, you will need to know what IP's you have used already.

Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
Ninjastyle (11-08-2017), rxgamefunatics (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
As a UK seller as Gladiator mentioned you wont be able to use pay.pal now, it has to be direct checkout. But if you are using your brothers information it sounds like you will have no problem opening up.

I would however say that if your brother shares the same last name, Et.sy may link your old account to this new one. But I must admit I'm not sure how strict Et.sy are on that sort of thing. But if your ban was not a recent one perhaps it wont matter.

Keep a log of your IP's every time you use Et.sy, if this account gets shut down too and you want to make a new stealth, you will need to know what IP's you have used already.

Good luck.
Thank you, no we have never shared same surname (different fathers) and I am also married. My ban was around 6/7 years ago. DC isn't a problem as I have his details but I just saw some have PayPal too. Can he download the app on his phone as he is legit or will it pick up that he has connected to my wifi? Thanks for your help
Old 07-09-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Don't use a phone app or connect to wifi like that. I'd first read up on basic stealth and you'll see what all you need to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
Ninjastyle (11-08-2017)