Figure out WHY it was limited, and HOW to fix it - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-03-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Figure out WHY it was limited, and HOW to fix it

I logged into my PayPal today to find out it was limited (eBay is unaffected). I can still receive payments but cannot withdraw. The account was about a week away from the 90 day mark. Here are the main reasons I'm thinking:

- I paid for a shipping label a few days ago when I had insufficient balance, so it drew from my bank account. They may not have liked the details they found
- I sold an item in a category I had not sold in before. Item is high risk VERO (although I've sold other VERO items with no issue on the same account, but I believe this new category is riskier than the previous ones)

A question: when PayPal draws from your bank account, what information do they see besides the name? Can they see the address too?

They are asking for photo ID, proof of address, supplier info (not invoices) and proof of shipping to make sure I have the items I claim to have. But I need some help to get “creative” in terms of supplying the “identity verification” documents. Can anyone give some general pointers? (I tried searching, but as stealth is always changing, I wanted to get updated info)

Last edited by kirkland; 07-03-2017 at 06:29 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Figure out WHY it was limited, and HOW to fix it

they cannot see address when they withdraw from bank, but I suppose they could use a database and look you up, if the name is unusual enough, especially if they have an area code of the bank...

yes it might be the vero issue too...

contact an account seller, re your last point...
Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 72%

All of the above are reasons for a limit.

You need to restart from scratch. No more VERO, no more high risk, no more spotty stuff.

PP sees everything on the EFT transfer notice, and that is pretty much everything to do with the account.
Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
I logged into my PayPal today to find out it was limited (eBay is unaffected). I can still receive payments but cannot withdraw. The account was about a week away from the 90 day mark. Here are the main reasons I'm thinking:

- I paid for a shipping label a few days ago when I had insufficient balance, so it drew from my bank account. They may not have liked the details they found
- I sold an item in a category I had not sold in before. Item is high risk VERO (although I've sold other VERO items with no issue on the same account, but I believe this new category is riskier than the previous ones)

A question: when PayPal draws from your bank account, what information do they see besides the name? Can they see the address too?

They are asking for photo ID, proof of address, supplier info (not invoices) and proof of shipping to make sure I have the items I claim to have. But I need some help to get “creative” in terms of supplying the “identity verification” documents. Can anyone give some general pointers? (I tried searching, but as stealth is always changing, I wanted to get updated info)
You would of got linked from the bank account if name is different as you don't tell us so we can only guess you need to provide more info your messages

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebills View Post
You would of got linked from the bank account if name is different as you don't tell us so we can only guess you need to provide more info your messages

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand... but yes, the names were different. PayPal had a personal name, and bank account has a Business name
Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 72%

I doubt anyone is openly going to admit to creating 'novelty' documents...

PP sees a lot of account information every time there is a bank transfer, but remember they got that when they took back the verification deposits also. Sometimes it seems to matter, sometimes it doesn't.

Perhaps you could upgrade to a PP business account and make everything match and use your business info.

Personally, I think I'd just walk away and start over again or activate one of your standby backup accounts.
Old 07-05-2017

Longevity: 50%

Quote:

They can not even see name or address. They are sending money to your account, they are not receiving them, otherwise those VBAs sold for 6$ will not work.

Main reason it was your KARMA score was below 0, so you got hit with a ban. You should have aged your accounts more or wait more time before sales...
Ebay have a 10 items and 500 score, because it is more easy for people to understand.
Adding a KARMA score on EBAY will run everybody mad.

But for Fraud prevention, like PayPal KARMA score is gold. So you got a 1000 karma score
and 100$ from US = 100 karma point, but one payment from a latin country might mean -500 karma scores.

So you get 1 payment from US and one from Colombia and you are 1000 - 600 = 400

You do an ebay sales and you are down to 200 , you do another one and boom limited.

So ...

What is the best way to increase your ebay rating?
Doing a lot of small sales. Right? you sell 10 x 10$ product and you get a limit of 30 / 3500 USD right? then 100 / 5000 right?
If you sell 1 item of 500 your limit will remain at 10 / 500.

The only way to increase your paypal karma score is to sell small items and wait!

Last edited by smartguy; 07-05-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2017

Longevity: 50%

However they have a database with all BANKS codes. So they know if VBA is from Payonner and not from Bank of America for example, also they will know you added a virtual account not the real one. How? Different routing codes, account starting numbers,etc.

I know people who called because of problems and they were being told "Please ADD your main BANK account not the VIRTUAL one".
Old 07-08-2017

Longevity: 42%

Quote:

sure if you let ebay to charge from your bank they will get you caught! always use on time payment to avoid this mess!