Is there anyway to take the forum underground? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-28-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Is there anyway to take the forum underground?

I mean think about it im sure ebay comes here & reads this forum because it is very popular especially for people who have been suspended over & over again, and ebay sits around a counters everything we talk about in here sort of like a chess game. I just don't want this forum to get to the point to where ebay has built a outstanding defense system based off our brains, and ends up checkmating us. Honestly its easy for them to come in here and read and figure out our next move but we can't walk into there office and figure out theres.
what do yall suppose we do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2007

Longevity: 96%

I wish there was too.
I don't really want us coming up with all of these ways to circumvent EB crazy policies only to tip our hands to them and tip them on what is going on.

You know none of this makes sense for them to do because the more people selling, the more fees they charge. They are just taking $ out of their own pockets.

I can see how the might get a little scared of lawsuits from VeRO companies if they blatantly allow people to sell knockoffs, but for crying out loud, boot off the violators and not every third cousins neighbors girlfriend that ever said hello to them for being "associated"
Old 08-29-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

We've talked about this several times in the past, and nothing has come up that would balance privacy, and the health of the forum. The only thing is if we had a membership section in the forum, but then eBay could easily get into that too.
Old 08-29-2007

Default A thought...

Maybe a bit drastic but desperate times...plus I've encountered this plenty of times at other forums. Make each registration have to pass admin approval and each user has a specific code to enter--kind of like our passwords now. This might not eliminate the problem, but it would certainly add an extra wall and make ebay have to work harder for their prize. Which, as I see it, is only fair since the b@stards make us work like dogs--turn around the leash for once. This isn't a perfect solution by any stretch but at least it's something to consider.
Old 08-29-2007

I just think, that if anyway has some great ideas that are workable for a question ask, just send a private message to that person. Sooner or later that great idea will be shared with others via private messages. This is like going underground....it certainly makes the information much slower for ebay to get it.
Old 08-29-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

No, because what if Ebay ask via private messenger for the secret info??
Old 08-30-2007

Maybe have a limitation that you have to be a member of X amount of days or have X amount of posts before you can PM? Sorta like ebay's limitation on the amount of feedback you must have to offer buy it now, etc.
Old 09-02-2007

Hey a little off topic but check this website called The Escape Artist, you can get second passports LOL.......... and a secret "The sovereign society". It's sort of underground.
Old 09-03-2007

I agree with the Admin approval to be a member plan. Aspkin, as things are now...all the things you have taught us will be void in a couple. Sure might not happen right away, but they are learning from us slowly. I mean look at that prat TCHO or whatever his name is, he could and possible is telling his bosses about this forum. Pretty soon this forum will end up undermining the very point of it's creation.
Old 09-04-2007

good point yoko maybe its good the replay book was locked and maybe aspkin should "hide" his ebook till we hit a certain number of posts? we find ways around and im sure ebay can find ways to. but we should try to make them work for it as we do.
Old 09-04-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherebayhater View Post
good point yoko maybe its good the replay book was locked and maybe aspkin should "hide" his ebook till we hit a certain number of posts? we find ways around and im sure ebay can find ways to. but we should try to make them work for it as we do.
there's nothing in 'ebay replay' that isn't available on these forums. believe me.
Old 09-04-2007

Well there were a couple things mentioned supposedly in the "update" that stealthdog spoke of. Personally, I'm curious about the way around the SS# and a couple other things I haven't seen addressed on the forum or in PM.