Add VBA on PP creation or few weeks later? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-07-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Add VBA on PP creation or few weeks later?

1.) Is there any difference between adding VBA at the time I create a PayPal account, vs. opening the account and waiting a few weeks? (Each dollar spend on VBA today is one less dollar available to actually make profits, so delaying things that cost money, if possible without a negative effect, is good for business.

2.) For the purposes of being less prone to being blocked, age does matter. Does the age of the paypal account start from the time i initially create it, or from the time I add a VBA/VCC to it?

3.) If I only wish to buy things with eBay gift cards, should I add a VBA, VCC, or both to the account? I am testing both but it will take many weeks to learn results.

4.) Should I buy some very small items first to raise my feedback, or does this not help at all because later there is a jump to buying expensive things and that's a red flag. Better to be known as a big buyer or better to buy a few small things first? I am mainly interested in buying things with gift cards without being blocked and losing the gift card.

Thanks for reading; i hope that clarity on these small things helps me make USA PayPal accounts that last a long time.

Last edited by cortes; 07-07-2017 at 07:20 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-08-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Add VBA on PP creation or few weeks later?

I think VBA plays a lesser role now than before. VCC holds more value in verifying your account. PP has even removed the percentage role of a bank/VBA in verifying your account. The only utility I can see for attaching a bank account is for withdrawal purposes. I talked about it on my thread below...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...ercentage.html
Old 07-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks for contributing to this thread. I have done hours of research and I actually missed that finding.

How much importance would you say that AVS has on a VCC? I am able to get a VCC for a good price, but it does not come with AVS and in PayPal it lists it as "PrePaid." The VCC with AVS sold by vendors on this forum are about 7x more expensive, which quickly adds up on many accounts when i'm starting out and have limited funds. The VCC i get have European addresses and they work for my USA PayPal because they have no AVS. However I don't have long-term data and my results are skewed by having young PayPal accounts.

I was unable to search the PayPal forum for "VCC" probably because the keyword is too short so i'm manually searching each page to find more info about this. I've gone through the first 40 pages of posts going back to Dec 2016 and I still have the above question.

Last edited by cortes; 07-08-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

You don't need a AVS VCC......even a Visa/MC gift card works fine.
Old 07-09-2017

Longevity: 72%

I don't add a bank account until the PP looks like it will be receiving enough funds to make a transfer to a bank worthwhile.

Other people differ, but I don't like to be opening dozens of bank accounts.

Some of my PP's have never had a bank account, and they're 6-7 years old.

I just wait until they accumulate 2-3-$400 and then I buy supplies directly from one of my manufacturer with them.
Old 07-11-2017

I don't see a reason why not to add the VBA right away. It basically asks you to add a bank account right away when you open an account.
Old 07-11-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustTheProcess View Post
I don't see a reason why not to add the VBA right away. It basically asks you to add a bank account right away when you open an account.
Not true, not sure what country you're from but U.S. doesn't ask VBA right away....
Old 07-11-2017

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustTheProcess View Post
It wants you to add a card to start your shopping spree. Also to confirm a mobile number, for 'added security'. They don't care if you add a bank account.
Old 07-11-2017

It may ASK, but tell me, do you do EVERYTHING people ask you to do?

Until it requires, you don't need to do it.
Old 07-19-2017
Threadstarter  

In my experience, when I only add a VBA, the eBay account is not fully functional. For example, after a few days i get an email from eBay inviting me to be a seller. But when I click on "Start Selling" in the email or on "Sell" on the eBay site, it just takes me to my account summary.

The exact same thing happens when I hit "Buy it now" on an item i'm viewing. It just takes me to account summary, doesn't even give me a chance to choose how to pay.

It appears to me that VCC is something mandatory, and the VBA might help in some way later. But the VBA alone doesn't do anything for me.

I opened a few accounts adding the VCC right away, and a few accounts adding it after a few weeks. Thanks for all your responses and I will see in a few months if there's any difference.
Old 07-19-2017

I'm just saying, I buy and sell on PP's without any bank account VBA or otherwise attached all the time.

So, obviously, it's not required.