Hello Everbody...Sorry we have to meet this way! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 05-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Hello Everbody...Sorry we have to meet this way!

I have been banging my head trying to work out my issues with E-bay and PayPal to no avail..4 months and I'm still screwed..I sell Antiques and Motorcycle Parts on a very small scale compared to those who I see here..I'm an old guy who makes a little extra cash on-line..(for 8 years now)..Well I guess the parties over!..Due to my cheap prices (low overhead) I have had a few other "Dealers" gang-up and screw me good..They all got together and bought high dollar items at Christmas them started SNAD claims on me all at once..(well one guy installed a Fuel Tank I sent him ran it for 2 months , crashed his bike then did claim and is still screwing me on different sites)...I have paid back everyone except the guy who returned rusted brake drums in the box instead of the item I sent him...I had 3 folks do the SNAD claim and never even opened the Boxes I sent....I left the account at PP in a Neg. balance as I am going to try and Sue (waste of time??)...anyways e-bay finally re-instated me but won't let me List as I have a Neg. PP balance..This is in Violation of their own Policies and Procedures but they don't care..and I keep getting that "Elec Pay Method" note..I've never opened one of these and as soon as I applied I started getting "App" offers from several different Co's??..Is that normal??...Oh yea they keep running my old listings and charging me for them even though the bidders can't complete any "checkout" How about that??..Any help would be gratefully accepted and leads to threads....I had never had any issues in my history until this and ebay has ruled against me in every claim (The FuelTank guy even re-directed the return shipment 9 times to try and keep it and my money after he sent it back)..I am in scammer hell!!..Oh well Hi anyway..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Welcome - so you have the winning bidders info - just send them an email where they can pay you via other means, like another paypal account or google checkout.

Such a sad story -Its good that ebay reinstated you. But before you think about opening another paypal or ebay account - you really need to read through this forum - the info here will save you.
Old 05-05-2009

Longevity: 91%

Welcome home, Ridgerunner! We are all here in the same boat and dealing with it. From what you said, you probably need to link shopping cart to your auctions once you settle you problematic account, and also open new set of Ebay/Paypal accounts. Read the forums and you will understand the correct way how to do this and not get in trouble. Don't worry, you'll be back up and running again in no time. It's a shame that bad things happen to good people...
Old 05-05-2009

Longevity: 87%

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
I'd suggest using a merchant account in the future. Also, by reading the Stealth Book and this forum's threads, you'll find ways to get back at those punk a** sellers (if revenge is your thing).
Old 05-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Thanks for the responce..I have questions??

Am I in the right thread to ask basic "sight" questions??...I have a few ..Although I have been selling on-line for myself for a long time, and have done it professionally for a few years for other folks...This is the first time I have encountered this type of hassle myself...(I was concerned about this on the change of Mgnt. at ebay and the subsequent modification of the "Rules", etc...I tried at that time to ask what was going to happen to ebay motors "Used Parts Sellers" on the forums at ebay but could not get the "Tunnel Vision" to lift on any of the forum sights members...I knew this would happen.. and don't understand why they (ebay) did it to us???(are they trying to run off all the "Small guys"???)...I actually had a Pay Pal legal rep. tell me that they don't do ANY investigation of "seller documentation" and threaten me with both legal and credit retribution if I made any waves!!! (which they are doing!!)...He told me that any buyer can return any item in that 90 day period and even if they replace the item with another, I would be required to refund their money!!....For the members that don't sell UP's let me explain that both Buyer Remorse (bidder finds another item selling cheaper then the one he contracted to buy!!), and the re-placement of the item with the Bidders old part when returning, is rampant right now!!..It hasn't took long for the Scammers to figure out there is nothing Sellers can do and get together and swap ideas on how to "Cheat" Sellers..on other Forums..(maybe even here I haven't looked into this that far on this Forum yet)...He also told me that the only "Help" PP offers to sellers is the "Dispute Process" which is not there to investigate or solve any "Seller Problem" ..He flat out told me (This is a PP Rep. now!)..that process is to allow me the time to re-coup some more money to pay the "Buyer Claim"..That's all!!!..This has happened to me 6 times in 90 days (along with other scams)...Under the old mgnt. I had a different account with a 975 100% + and never had these type of issues...Now I'm off the playing field and don't know what to do..So here are my most immediate questions..any help will be gratefully appreciated!!:

#1 - How do I open another account? (I need A-Z instructions please)
#2 - Which Merchant accounts are for real? ( I have had 10 contact me as soon as I applied for 1 and the horror stories on the Web about MA's are just as scarey as PP)
#3 - Because I tried to fight this with both the ebay and PP Dispute Process; the one I applied for turned me down because "I don't pay me bills in a timely manner" (my credit wasn't great but it wasn't bad either before this!)
What can I do to fix this??
#4 - UPS has a 15 day "Cap" on claims. What can I do if the Buyer keeps the item over the grace period (before returning) to process a claim (Damage, etc.)???
#5 - Are there any ways to stop Buyers from "Trashing" me on other Forums to hide their crimes?? (This is happening right now to me. I actually had a Buyer try and -redirect his return shipment back to him after he got his refund 7 times..UPS let him change shipment delivery address every time, by declaring me a "Non-Preferred" delivery address!!)
#6 - I have heard that "Any" other forum that allows advertising on the site, falls into a situation where they and the Poster can be sued in the "Sellers County" and all the Defendants MUST come to that county to answer the Suit!!..I watched my Ex Boss do this to both Pelican Parts and the Poster!!.They had to remove all the slanderous posts to avoid the suit. Does anybody know anything about this procedure???
#7 - Is there any "Disclaimer" I can include in a listing to avoid any of this??
#8 - How can I get ebay and PP to Honor" a Re-Stocking Fee?

I appreciate the obvious helping attitude this Forum offers and hope to both better my ability and help others any way I can..I am a 58 year old Disabled (No SS, that's another whole story) single guy who supports 100% of my life with my on-line sales. After all these years of doing well now I'm facing eviction and worse because I have NO money coming is and I need to act very quickly to solve this problem and get back on-line selling at ebay. The small items I sell only get results there..I purchase Salvage wrecks, disassemble them and market the pieces. Below is the UPS delivery log on the item I was speaking about. Remember I chased this shipment and finally got it back destroyed. Every change in the shipment back to Fla. was made by the Scammer ...not ME!!!..Thanks for your help and Please give me some advice..

Check Out This BS!!!

1/20/2009 3:34:00 PM UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE / ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED WITH CUSTOMER MELBOURNE, FL US
1/19/2009 10:04:00 AM DAMAGE INSPECTION SCHEDULED / UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/15/2009 1:13:00 PM DELIVERED SAUTEE NACOOCHEE, GA US
1/15/2009 6:16:00 AM OUT FOR DELIVERY GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/15/2009 12:22:00 AM ARRIVAL SCAN GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/14/2009 11:22:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN ATLANTA, GA US
1/14/2009 8:15:00 PM LOCATION SCAN ATLANTA, GA US
1/14/2009 12:32:00 PM UNLOAD SCAN ATLANTA, GA US
1/14/2009 9:31:00 AM ARRIVAL SCAN ATLANTA, GA US
1/14/2009 3:45:00 AM DEPARTURE SCAN JACKSONVILLE, FL US
1/14/2009 2:24:00 AM LOCATION SCAN JACKSONVILLE, FL US
1/14/2009 1:10:00 AM UNLOAD SCAN JACKSONVILLE, FL US
1/13/2009 11:47:00 PM ARRIVAL SCAN JACKSONVILLE, FL US
1/13/2009 7:45:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN MELBOURNE, FL US
1/13/2009 6:36:00 PM LOCATION SCAN MELBOURNE, FL US
1/13/2009 7:33:00 AM UNLOAD SCAN MELBOURNE, FL US
1/13/2009 6:59:00 AM A CORRECT COMPANY OR RECEIVER NAME IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION / THE ADDRESS HAS BEEN CORRECTED. THE DELIVERY HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED MELBOURNE, FL US
1/13/2009 1:30:00 AM ARRIVAL SCAN MELBOURNE, FL US
1/13/2009 12:03:00 AM DEPARTURE SCAN ORLANDO, FL US
1/12/2009 5:47:00 PM LOCATION SCAN ORLANDO, FL US
1/12/2009 10:44:00 AM A DELIVERY CHANGE REQUEST FOR THIS PACKAGE WILL BE PROCESSED / DELIVERY TO AN ALTERNATE ADDRESS WAS REQUESTED MELBOURNE, FL US
1/10/2009 2:46:00 PM THE DELIVERY CHANGE REQUEST FOR THIS PACKAGE WAS MODIFIED / THE REQUEST FOR THIS PACKAGE WAS CANCELLED GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/10/2009 1:57:00 AM LOCATION SCAN DORAVILLE, GA US
1/10/2009 1:09:00 AM ARRIVAL SCAN DORAVILLE, GA US
1/9/2009 10:00:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/9/2009 8:57:00 PM LOCATION SCAN GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/9/2009 8:34:00 PM DIRECTIONS TO THE RECEIVER'S LOCATION ARE NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION. / RETURNED TO SHIPPER GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/9/2009 5:54:00 AM DIRECTIONS TO THE RECEIVER'S LOCATION ARE NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION. / A POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT TO THE RECIPIENT REQUESTING THAT THEY CONTACT UPS. GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/9/2009 5:53:00 AM OUT FOR DELIVERY GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/8/2009 10:07:00 PM THE RECEIVER HAS MOVED. UPS ATTEMPTING TO LOCATE RECEIVER TO COMPLETE DELIVERY, NO DELIVERY WAS MADE / THE ADDRESS HAS BEEN CORRECTED. THE DELIVERY HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/8/2009 3:36:00 PM A DELIVERY CHANGE REQUEST FOR THIS PACKAGE WILL BE PROCESSED / DELIVERY TO AN ALTERNATE ADDRESS WAS REQUESTED GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/7/2009 7:18:00 PM THE RECEIVER HAS MOVED. UPS ATTEMPTING TO LOCATE RECEIVER TO COMPLETE DELIVERY, NO DELIVERY WAS MADE / A POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT TO THE RECIPIENT REQUESTING THAT THEY CONTACT UPS. GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/7/2009 3:30:00 PM THE RECEIVER HAS MOVED. UPS ATTEMPTING TO LOCATE RECEIVER TO COMPLETE DELIVERY, NO DELIVERY WAS MADE GAINESVILLE, GA US
1/2/2009 12:39:00 PM DELIVERED CLEVELAND, GA US
1/2/2009 4:44:00 AM OUT FOR DELIVERY GAINESVILLE, GA US
12/31/2008 12:10:00 AM ARRIVAL SCAN GAINESVILLE, GA US
12/30/2008 11:10:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN ATLANTA, GA US
12/30/2008 2:41:00 PM LOCATION SCAN ATLANTA, GA US
12/30/2008 2:10:00 PM UNLOAD SCAN ATLANTA, GA US
12/30/2008 11:56:00 AM ARRIVAL SCAN ATLANTA, GA US
12/30/2008 5:49:00 AM DEPARTURE SCAN JACKSONVILLE, FL US
12/30/2008 2:09:00 AM LOCATION SCAN JACKSONVILLE, FL US
12/30/2008 2:09:00 AM UNLOAD SCAN JACKSONVILLE, FL US
12/30/2008 12:45:00 AM ARRIVAL SCAN JACKSONVILLE, FL US
12/29/2008 8:45:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN MELBOURNE, FL US
12/29/2008 8:14:00 PM ORIGIN SCAN MELBOURNE, FL US
12/29/2008 5:45:00 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED US
Old 05-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

You can get answers to MAJORITY of YOUR QUESTIONS when you purchase the EbayStealth Ebook.

I feel your pain. I will never sell high priced items that cost a arm and a leg to ship because you can get screwed big time. I learned my lesson on a $600 item that cost $260 to ship. Take your loss and MOVE ON.

Choose your products wisely and know the risks involved. Stop selling certain items if you get a lot of problems with it. There are many resources out there to get new products that will generate the income you want.

BooMer

Last edited by BooMer; 05-06-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2009
Threadstarter  

I haven't had any trouble with "High Dollar" items until now...I've been selling Porsche's, and Porsche Parts for years!!..Lately I've been selling Exotic Motorcycles and their Parts..I started doing my own thing instead of being chained to a terminal 60 hours a week for someone else...I am selling Cheap..I got "Ganged Up" on by other Dealers who manipulated the 90 day Chargeback rule!!..No one can sustain 90 days of their account waiting to see if there is a Chargeback...and when 6-7 guys get together and "Bang" you all at once it puts you out!..That's what happened and with the New Rules I got screwed!!...I have never sold any New Items and wouldn''t know how??...I was Importing High End Stained Glass Windows and did well with that and other Antiques but with the market the way it is I started doing the Porsche Ducati Moto Guzi, BMW, Apprilla thing because those folks have plenty of money and the economy doesn't affect them..I do a lot of Worldwide shipping and this was really the first screwing of consequence I've had...On another note My Merchant account was just approved for Card Service International...Anyone know if their any good???
Old 05-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Default By the way

I hope I am not offending anyone with Oppie questions and I am reading hours of "Posts" ..it's so much info I am getting a headache.(I never realized how much I didn't know!!)..I was hoping for a short-cut to the answers I am looking for before the LandLord gives me my summer camping papers...Thank you all for your advice and welcome's
Old 05-06-2009

Longevity: 91%

Like BooMer said, your best is to start reading the Stealth Book first...and if you still have questions unanswered, read threads about here on the forum and your head will be less spinning than...It may seem overwhelming at the beginning, but by reading the book first, majority of your questions will be answered. Forum will further 'tweak' the things for you...
Old 05-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Thanks

I'm getting that now!! again Thank all of you for your advice and help after 14 hours of reading this forum and it's related Links I think I'm gonna call it a day..It amazes me how much I still learn...a few bucks for the book seems mighty darn cheap against the losses this has cost me..I'm really glad to have found this forum and a group that "says it like it is"..Good night Ya'll
Old 05-06-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

yeah its really not all that bad. at least you've found a place like this for help. My first account went down back in 2000. it was a lot easier to get back on at that point but as things progressed over the years so did I. I can imagine the horror of having your bread and butter ripped from your hands with the current systems in place. If I hadn't evolved with the system I would have probably went to CA and gone postal in ebays lobby or something... lol.