Safest way to change address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-21-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Safest way to change address?

I have 2 stealth accounts that with addresses that are relatively close to each other. Different IPs. They both sell the same products, although the listings themselves are portrayed totally different on each. My concern is that someone (buyers or eBay themselves) will recognize the similarities in addresses and this could cause some issues, especially because I ship using very specific packaging.

What's the best way to change shipping addresses for one of the accounts to avoid any potential issues? I could change the item location on the listing, but the "Ship from" address would remain the same. I suppose I could use a third party platform like ShippingEasy to print the labels with a different address so buyers dont recognize, but that's a lot of work.

Is there any danger in changing the Ship from address? Will ebay flag my account? Is there any general advice as far as how to proceed with address changes?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Safest way to change address?

I don't see why the address is a problem......when you say close, is it like 20ft? Honestly speaking, ebay isn't Amazon....I've had stealths within 1 mile and nothing happened.
Old 07-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I would like most apartment building addresses are similar and very close(next door over) and they don't get limited.
Old 07-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I don't see why the address is a problem......when you say close, is it like 20ft? Honestly speaking, ebay isn't Amazon....I've had stealths within 1 mile and nothing happened.
Maybe half a mile. Difference of 200 as far as house #s go

More concerned about a buyer ordering something from both selling accounts, receiving a package and noting the similarities, and then reporting it for whatever reason. I get a lot of "multiple unit" orders

To: Yankee. I don't think eBay would flag it, I'm more concerned about buyers
Old 07-21-2017

Longevity: 41%

I like using shipstation to ship. You can set different return addresses for different Ebay accounts. This does nothing to the account itself, but it sounds like you're more concerned with being reported for duplicate listings across multiple accounts.

If you can, use generic brown box/USPS priority box packaging vs specialized packaging supplies.
Old 07-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
Maybe half a mile. Difference of 200 as far as house #s go

More concerned about a buyer ordering something from both selling accounts, receiving a package and noting the similarities, and then reporting it for whatever reason. I get a lot of "multiple unit" orders

To: Yankee. I don't think eBay would flag it, I'm more concerned about buyers
Seriously, don't worry.....you will be fine.
Old 07-22-2017

Longevity: 72%

I don't have any issues. Nobody cares.

If you're worried use two different types of packaging, one for each account.

You can get a PO box and change the return address on one of the accounts.
Old 07-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Why would the buyer take the time out of his or her day to report you over packaging similarities?

Honestly, do YOU look that closely at items?

If you're REALLY paranoid, go buy some return address labels with your real address and stick them on packages that go to the same buyer.

That way they get 2 different addresses.

Also get some poly envelopes instead of boxes, or vice versa....

But at the end of the day you're just wasting money on these ventures, because no one really notices or cares.

eBay doesn't take stealth all that seriously for whatever reason....they just don't care that much unless you flaunt it in their faces.
Old 07-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Are you the guy selling Costco brand Minoxidil by any chance? hahaha if so I've probably bought from you.

(Kirkland is the Costco store brand name and something frequently bought in bulk by men with hair loss)

Sorry to out you if that's you, but your username along with this post leads to some obvious conclusions.

Anyways, if it is you I never noticed the same packaging. Honestly I don't look at the packaging as long as the item is good. Only time I would care is if the item arrived broken, missing pieces, damaged or if the packaging was tampered with or torn open. THEN I'd take a closer look, but otherwise I don't look twice.

Unless you're shipping something being investigated by the Postal Inspectors I don't think you'll have any issues.
Old 07-22-2017

One of the sad things about getting older is that hair grows where you don't want it, and doesn't grow where you do.
Old 07-23-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Are you the guy selling Costco brand Minoxidil by any chance? hahaha if so I've probably bought from you.

(Kirkland is the Costco store brand name and something frequently bought in bulk by men with hair loss)

Sorry to out you if that's you, but your username along with this post leads to some obvious conclusions.

Anyways, if it is you I never noticed the same packaging. Honestly I don't look at the packaging as long as the item is good. Only time I would care is if the item arrived broken, missing pieces, damaged or if the packaging was tampered with or torn open. THEN I'd take a closer look, but otherwise I don't look twice.

Unless you're shipping something being investigated by the Postal Inspectors I don't think you'll have any issues.
Haha no, that's not me. I couldn't think of a username when I registered so I just chose the Kirkland water bottle on my table
Old 07-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
Haha no, that's not me. I couldn't think of a username when I registered so I just chose the Kirkland water bottle on my table
Creativity at its best

Old 07-23-2017

Inspiration strikes again!