What should I do when buyer return different product that I sold - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-28-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default What should I do when buyer return different product that I sold

Hi Folks,

Hope you guys are doing well. I got some headache this month. I got two buyers return used different product from what I shipped. But they are similar used product. The value of product is more than $400 with shipping cost.
I usually refund them and keep peace if product is not more than $50.
But one of these customers left negative feedback after I argued with him,even though I also paid return shipping.
Also he seemed very pissed and called me fraud. I can not figure out why this person can do this and so rude. I am disappointed when trying to expand my business(do more high value stuff)
What you guys do if you meet this situation. I also sent eBay some pictures that what I received different return product ,but no respond so far.

Thanks a lot
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 58%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: What should I do when buyer return different product that I sold

This is a tough one... do you also have receipts of the item that you can show eBay and have you spoken to them over the phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
JamesLee (07-28-2017)
Old 07-28-2017

Longevity: 42%

If you have proof of purchase of the item you sold, contact eBay by phone and explain the situation to them. Take pictures of the item you received back, and show the original item you sent to them. It will be a tough situation, so if that fails only thing to do is file a police report and mail fraud at the post office or whatever carrier you used. Show these to eBay and Paypal, and contact the buyer notifying them that you filed a police report and mail fraud.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gammzy98 For This Useful Post:
JamesLee (07-28-2017)
Old 07-28-2017

Longevity: 72%

EB always sides with the seller in these cases and punishes the scamming buyer - not.

Do all the steps people here suggest. Hope for the best. Do your absolute best to worry and shame them into doing the right thing. Don't expect too much. Cheer if you are one of the lucky ones!

Your police report and BBB complaint and IC3 filing and Mail Fraud report and State's Attorney complaint are 'he-says she-says' unproven claims until a judge rules on it and decides you are telling the truth and issues a ruling which you can enforce.

That's why EB and PP rarely do much of anything about this.

Bottom line, until and unless you are willing to take this person to court and prove your case, if you can even identify he/she/it, your odds are thin at best.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
JamesLee (07-28-2017)
Old 07-28-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

I have receipts but there are other items on it. Also it is hard to identify which one is which.
Also I just checked my paypal but I could not find his full name. It says he is unverified paypal account.Only first name and email I can see.
But his eBay account has 9 positive feedbacks.
It is unbelievable that he insist that return product is what I shipped,so greedy..
I have to move on, could not stay negative in my mood...

Thanks you guys
Old 07-28-2017

Sorry about this, my heart goes out to you, don't ever forget, though, never sell anything online if you can't afford to lose your product and money both.
Old 07-29-2017

Longevity: 41%

I have had something like this happen to me. I reported it to ebay and they actually sided with me and gave my money back. However, the buyer then went to paypal and opened a case and got thier money back. Huge headache but does not happen very often.
Old 07-29-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
EB always sides with the seller in these cases and punishes the scamming buyer - not.

Do all the steps people here suggest. Hope for the best. Do your absolute best to worry and shame them into doing the right thing. Don't expect too much. Cheer if you are one of the lucky ones!

Your police report and BBB complaint and IC3 filing and Mail Fraud report and State's Attorney complaint are 'he-says she-says' unproven claims until a judge rules on it and decides you are telling the truth and issues a ruling which you can enforce.

That's why EB and PP rarely do much of anything about this.

Bottom line, until and unless you are willing to take this person to court and prove your case, if you can even identify he/she/it, your odds are thin at best.
I've always wondered, what if a buyer tries to pull some sh*t like this with a giant ebay retailer like Best Buy? (as you may know they have an ebay page nowadays)

Like, if a buyer buys a PS4, then returns a block of wood, we all know that ebay doesn't really give 2 f*cks and will enable return fraud if it's a regular, small-time honest seller... but what about the big boys? Would they really have the gall to force best buy to give a refund in that scenario?
Old 07-29-2017

Everybody knows EB LOVES their big box sellers.... a little TOO much.

I don't know as any of us know, but I'm guessing they get special treatment.
Old 07-29-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

I will remember this buyer for payback time...

How to clean photos
Best image resizer