Etsy Stealth Qs about bank act and IP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 07-30-2017
EtsyGirl

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Etsy Stealth Qs about bank act and IP

hey hun
my name is karalina and i have a question for you
i tried to post it on the board but it wasn't published, at least not that I can see.

I tried two et.sy steal accounts and both have failed. One I used a VPN from home and it was linked in two days. Next I used an internet cafe and through this board I found out I should use batchpurifier + watermark I was doing well until I got tired of going to the internet cafe i used another VPN provider to log in at home and I was immediately banned.

Obviously my home IP address is banned regardless of the VPN they can still tell it is me.

I have exhausted my options in terms of getting friends info to sign up with (bank and credit card). My two questions are:

1) can I use my bank account but instead of my checking account which I used the first time I will use my savings and a different credit card. My name will be the same but different accounts.

2) I will use new pics with water mark batch purifed my actual question is: can I go back to the same internet cafe? Is that IP address also banned or just mine?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-30-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Etsy Stealth Qs about bank act and IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyGirl View Post
Obviously my home IP address is banned regardless of the VPN they can still tell it is me.
Your using the wrong VPN, which are you using?

Quote:
I have exhausted my options in terms of getting friends info to sign up with (bank and credit card).
Yeah, you need to stop using peoples info.

Quote:
My two questions are:
1) can I use my bank account but instead of my checking account which I used the first time I will use my savings and a different credit card. My name will be the same but different accounts.
I would use a Gift card if possible...I don't know what etsy Canada is like but that's my guess. Does Canada etsy also require a Direct Checkout to bank?

Quote:
2) I will use new pics with water mark batch purifed my actual question is: can I go back to the same internet cafe? Is that IP address also banned or just mine?
1st....stop using the Cafe, you need to figure out a good solution for your IP...don't go to Starbucks, don't use ANY free Wifi.

2nd. If your listing the same exact item(s), that could be also getting you banned.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2017
EtsyGirl

Hi hun and thank you for your answers I appreciate it so very much

If I can't use friend's info then what info should i use? I cannot use my exact same info again

I tried to use a VPN, I used windscribe AND tunnelbear I saw my IP was different but I was banned right away when I logged in with my home computer. Any suggestions to fix this IP problem and bank problem??

I stayed in the same genre but sold different items (items I had not yet listed when my real store was shut down)

many thanks
Old 07-30-2017
EtsyGirl

To answer
Yes, I need to use direct checkout I need to supply bank info. I was using close friend's info in the USA and using an internet cafe to get the new IP. I hate internet cafe's though surrounded by kids playing video games. So, I got Tunnel Bear I googled "what's my ip" and it was different than my home ip address so I figured it was working and I signed in and within a minute I was linked and banned.

I sell legit good customer's liked so I am dying to get back on.

Thank you for your help.
Old 07-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Tunnelbear has an IP range. Even tho it looks like you get a new IP every time you connect the IP might very well have been used with etsy before. Check the marketplace and get a "Fresh IP" VPN. Tunnelbear will only get you banned. Also, logging in from your "Home PC" might be a problem right now after you had a few accounts banned. Either get a new PC or use Virtual machine. Study the ebay forums a bit about proper stealth. Should work for etsy as well.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to dachilla For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2017

Longevity: 51%

Hi Etsygirl

For the IP you could perhaps use your mobile phone to tether? That's what I do on one of my stealths. The for my others I generate a new IP from my router, but I'm lucky enough to be the only person in my house when I stealth and my router allows it. Other option is a vpn provider as mentioned above.

But also, just to be sure are you following all the stealth steps? Like have you made a new profile on your pc/laptop for your stealth account to use? There is more than just IP that could get Et.sy to link your account. Same user profile on pc, images, similar descriptions, even your behavior as a new user (if you are uploading too many items they could flag you as suspicious)

A good read of the stealth guide and the forums will get you everything you need to get back on Et.sy if your heart is set on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2017
EtsyGirl

I'm really bad at technical things tbh
I thought a new IP was enough
It is getting really disheartening to make new accounts and have them get shut down
The advice I have gotten here has been invaluable and I am very thankful for it

I still have 3 sets of questions and I will pick up the stealth guide tomorrow

1) Do I need a new computer of can I simply change the computer user account on my current computer? I do not have the funds for a new pc so that would be difficult for me. Also, is it just my IP from my orginal store that is banned or every computer that has logged in with it aka my friends whose info i used + the internet cafes I went to...is their IP also banned?

2) Is adding a watermark to previously used photos + clearing efix data good enough?

3) Can I still use my own info but just my savings account instead of my checking account? Can I use a different credit card?
Old 07-31-2017
EtsyGirl

I have a friend who volunteered to use his bank and cc info for me on et/sy but he already used it once for my one stealth that got linked

Will he be able to use his info again or will it get linked to a banned account?

I can't figure out if it's just my info that's banned or everyone that was associated with one of my stealth accounts.

I'm kinda running out of friend's info to use
Old 07-31-2017
EtsyGirl

If I signed up on my first real etsee with my checking account can I use my savings account for my steatlh etsee?
Old 07-31-2017

Any info relating to a suspended account is unusable I'm afraid.

You do not need a brand new pc. Just a new user account on the one you have will do.

You must use a new IP and keep track of the IP's you use as you don't want to accidentally use a banned one.

I can't really say for sure all the ins and outs of creating a stealth for your country, I only have experience with UK accounts, but I would honestly suggest that before you create another stealth account, buy and read the stealth guide and make your action plan from it. It has the information you need to make your new store and more should you need to. The more you trial and error it, the more time you waste and resources you are wasting.
The Following User Says Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2017
EtsyGirl

I live with my Mom if she used her info for me will that work? Keep in mind we live in the same house...
Old 07-31-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

You seriously need to read eBay stealth guide, to at least get the feel for stealth in general. You are making so many unnecessary mistakes. You will burn info and another store until you grasp the technical aspect of stealth. After that you need to seek out help on getting back on without using others info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
ThatPartyLady (08-20-2017)
Old 07-31-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
You seriously need to read eBay Stealth guide, to at least get the feel for stealth in general. You are making so many unnecessary mistakes. You will burn info and another store until you grasp the technical aspect of stealth. After that you need to seek out help on getting back on without using others info.
I'm trying to ask about obtaining direct checkout info

I looked into the Stealth Guide and I am concerned as to why it's $19.99 a month and not a one time buy.
Old 07-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyGirl View Post
I'm trying to ask about obtaining direct checkout info

I looked into the Stealth Guide and I am concerned as to why it's $19.99 a month and not a one time buy.
One time buy last time I checked
Old 07-31-2017
EtsyGirl

I'm having a hard time opening a stealth account in Canada
Old 08-01-2017

It was a one time buy when I bought it, the monthly payment I think is for access to the premium side of the forum.

Using the same address will get you banned again.

Buy the Stealth Guide, set up your plan and only create your stealth when you are confident in the steps you are going to take.
Old 08-01-2017

Longevity: 38%

I also just got the ban hammer thrown at me and just after a month so I started reading up ... fortunately at home I have a dinamic IP so that solves part of the problem but there's the personal details problem now and this question is directed to @Gladiator ... from my experience the most footprint-y stuff about an account is:

1. Ip address
2. Personal info
3. Banking info

Now on to the on-topic part: an etxy stealth account ... while a different ip address solves part 1 of your footprint and personal info can be easily ⊗⊗⊗⊗d for a stealth account the banking info is not so easy and for etxy it's two parts:

a) billing info (can easily be ⊗⊗⊗⊗d with a virtual credit card)

b) payment receival info ... that's the tricky part and I couldn't figure it out. As far as I know you can only receive your money from etxy via bank account and while you can use virtual bank accounts for other purposes like identification and such you cannot use it to withdraw money.

So that's where I'm stuck. I can change my ip, I can change my info and get a vcc for paying fees but how do I get my sales money from etxy ?

Any help would be much appreciated and I promise I'm not a hit and runner even though this is my first post I'll remain an active user here and try to help users with any kind of problems they have within my power and knowledge.
Old 08-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpopescu View Post
I also just got the ban hammer thrown at me and just after a month so I started reading up ... fortunately at home I have a dinamic IP so that solves part of the problem but there's the personal details problem now and this question is directed to @Gladiator ... from my experience the most footprint-y stuff about an account is:

1. Ip address
2. Personal info
3. Banking info

Now on to the on-topic part: an etxy stealth account ... while a different ip address solves part 1 of your footprint and personal info can be easily ⊗⊗⊗⊗d for a stealth account the banking info is not so easy and for etxy it's two parts:

b) payment receival info ... that's the tricky part and I couldn't figure it out. As far as I know you can only receive your money from etxy via bank account and while you can use virtual bank accounts for other purposes like identification and such you cannot use it to withdraw money.

So that's where I'm stuck. I can change my ip, I can change my info and get a vcc for paying fees but how do I get my sales money from etxy ?

Any help would be much appreciated and I promise I'm not a hit and runner even though this is my first post I'll remain an active user here and try to help users with any kind of problems they have within my power and knowledge.
I also stuck in the Banking part.

But let us have the discussion.

Is it possible for you to fill in the billing with paypal only methods?
If yes, then you can add a new paypal email on your existing account or just open a new paypal account.

And to withdraw money, if you add your bank account and CC via your new paypal (account/email), will this possible?

===========================================
my location is not in the US and DC is not (yet) an option

As for me, on my previous banned account I used my legit CC (name + address) on the etxy billing registration. But, I never pay directly with CC on the Etxy page. Instead, I paid the bill via my Paypal which link to my legit CC and legit Bank Account.

So, if I borrow and use my relative CC, so I use different name but the same address for the new paypal, will this work for paypal only billing?
Does Etxy link the same address of my new relative paypal billing address with my banned CC billing address(on etxy) & my current paypal (because of the same address) ?

Sorry if its so confusing, but, the summary of my (banking) plan to open a new etxy account is:

Etsy Billing -->
- Use my family CC (different name + same address)
- Skip filling the billing option during etxy registration --> fill paypal only methods
- Pay the bill with my new family account paypal (that has the same address).

Will I get through this with my plan?

all in all my problem stuck with the Billing ADDRESS :(
Of course address detail on Etsy profile will be a new address.
I just want to know if Etxy link my previous billing address with my will soon be born account billing.

Thanks, sorry for the messy wording, really hope for the enlightenment !!

Special thanks to Gladiator who help me until now !!
Old 08-01-2017

I've never seen the section where you can add paypal for billing ... would it be because of my country ? I think I remember seeing Gladiator saying something about country being a factor in some etsy settings showing or not ...
Old 08-01-2017
EtsyGirl

It really seems like the only thing you can do is get a friend/family who will let you use their bank account
Old 08-01-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpopescu View Post

1. Ip address
2. Personal info
3. Banking info

so you cannot use a virtual bank account for etsee sign up?
I am pretty sure if your family member lives in the same home as you you'll get linked
Old 08-01-2017

well you can always only put the bank info correctly like IBAN SWIFT ETC and put ⊗⊗⊗⊗ the other info like bank owner name and stuff ... I'm pretty sure etsy has no way of checking those and at least in my country even if you mess up the name and the iban is right the money will still go in the right account.