Paypal EIN Questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-27-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Paypal EIN Questions

Hello, I am new here and I apologize if this has been asked over and over but I have some questions about using an EIN for paypal instead of my ss number. I searched the forums but a lot of the posts regarding EIN's are really outdated.

My first question is: At what point does paypal start asking for an ss number or an EIN? Like is there a certain bracket of income to which they begin asking for that info?

My second question: My personal ss number and real identity is linked to a terminated paypal account so I would like to upgrade my stealth account to a business profile and put in my EIN even thought paypal has not yet required me to do so. Will Paypal know that my EIN is related to my real identity? And has anyone had issues after providing your EIN?

I am not sure if it is safest to provide an EIN now or not until Paypal asks for one. Any information or help is appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Paypal EIN Questions

It's usually easier for you to add your EIN to your Paypal before Paypal starts requesting your Tax ID.

Paypal is required to report to the IRS if a seller passes 200 items AND $20,000 in sales in a year. They start requesting your Tax ID when you reach about 3/4 of either threshold.

Once you upgrade to a business account, you won't need to worry about Paypal linking you to your old account. Technically they could go onto your state's secretary of state website and lookup the owner of your business. But that's not something they do. As long as you give them your EIN (and NOT your EIN + SSN like they will ask) then you have no chance of being linked to your old account. I've been running 3 EIN business Paypal accounts for over 3 years now without any problems. This is a safe method to operate, I can assure you.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-06-2017)
Old 08-01-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
It's usually easier for you to add your EIN to your Paypal before Paypal starts requesting your Tax ID.

Paypal is required to report to the IRS if a seller passes 200 items AND $20,000 in sales in a year. They start requesting your Tax ID when you reach about 3/4 of either threshold.

Once you upgrade to a business account, you won't need to worry about Paypal linking you to your old account. Technically they could go onto your state's secretary of state website and lookup the owner of your business. But that's not something they do. As long as you give them your EIN (and NOT your EIN + SSN like they will ask) then you have no chance of being linked to your old account. I've been running 3 EIN business Paypal accounts for over 3 years now without any problems. This is a safe method to operate, I can assure you.

How do you bypass EIN + SSN when asked for both to just giving them my EIN
Old 08-01-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Related to the original question, should the name of business on the stealth pp account match that of the EIN? And is there anything to be concerned about regarding my stealth name (e.g. Joe Smith) on the pp account?
Old 08-01-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whome View Post
Related to the original question, should the name of business on the stealth pp account match that of the EIN? And is there anything to be concerned about regarding my stealth name (e.g. Joe Smith) on the pp account?
It has to match 100%. DOn't worry about your stealth name because they'll only check your business name + EIN.

Now, I ran into trouble after giving them my EIN, They also want my stealth's SSN, address and birth date. Not sure if this is a special case.....
Old 08-02-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

So is it normal for them to just require EIN or EIN+SSN?
Old 10-04-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by caypop10 View Post
It has to match 100%. DOn't worry about your stealth name because they'll only check your business name + EIN.

Now, I ran into trouble after giving them my EIN, They also want my stealth's SSN, address and birth date. Not sure if this is a special case.....
Ive run into this issue. Phaz0rz and caypop10 how did you get around the request for last 4 of SSN and Date of Birth? I registered for an EIN as an LLC single owner on IRS and passed the TIN matching. Took me to the page asking for LAST 4 of SSN & Date of Birth. Did you guys enter LAST 4 of the EIN? Where would I find the Date of Birth if any for the Stealth Name on the account? Is there a solution to this? PLEASE HELP! This account is running perfect nearly otherwise. thank you and God bless
Old 10-04-2017
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandiesel View Post
Ive run into this issue. Phaz0rz and caypop10 how did you get around the request for last 4 of SSN and Date of Birth? I registered for an EIN as an LLC single owner on IRS and passed the TIN matching. Took me to the page asking for LAST 4 of SSN & Date of Birth. Did you guys enter LAST 4 of the EIN? Where would I find the Date of Birth if any for the Stealth Name on the account? Is there a solution to this? PLEASE HELP! This account is running perfect nearly otherwise. thank you and God bless
You may have better luck starting your own thread rather than posting the same question on multiple threads that are months old