A buyer want to return to me an 1 year old item never bought from me ! HELP ! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-30-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default A buyer want to return to me an 1 year old item never bought from me ! HELP !

A buyer contacted me on ebay with this message :
"
Hi,
I have bought from you before.
I want to buy this blouse for my sister, but I need delivery by June 15.
Is that possible if I buy it as soon as I hear from you.
Thanks.
C "

Nothing suspicious for me . Even if new on ebay I'm in business of many years and I am used to have repeating customers due to the quality of my products .I am the producer of my handmade blouses .
So she bought from my ebay store a blouse on 28 May . I mailed it on 06 june ( I was on a trip out of my country in that time frame and she knew that I am able to ship only on 6 June ) . She received the blouse on 22 June . The track-trace is CO986573113RO and it is trackable on www.usps . One mention I want to do is that immediately after I provided to her the track-trace she wrote to me very often complaining of the fact that the parcel is not trackable . I'll copy paste one of her message for a better understanding : .

"Hi , There is no indication from the tracking that this package even moved beyond their receiving the shipping information. Is there any way to tell if it was shipped? Sorry, I guess I am just anxious about receiving the lovely blouse for my sister. I have the exact same blouse and love it. My sister wanted to buy mine from me, but I said no "

In one of her previous messages she sent to me a photo with the blouse she is claiming to have from me . It is not a big photo and I can say looking at it that it is a Romanian blouse ,the main pattern is similar with the second blouse she bought from my ebay store but this pattern is produced by all of the Romanian producers including me . The second blouse is the blouse bought from my ebay store on 28 May . But this second blouse have the secondary embroidery different of the blouse she is claiming to purchased from me last year . I"ll attach photos with both blouses . The blouse bought from my store on 28 May is the blouse displayed on a mannequin . If you look closely at the lace motifs you will see the difference in between the blouses .

So she received her blouse on 22 June . Very happy with it , no feedback left . On 23 july I received the following message from her :

"
Hi,
I just washed the blouse I bought from you for the first time, and the red is bleeding through to the white part of the blouse. It turned the white pink. I washed it in cold water and woolite by hand. I don't know what to do, but this is not acceptable to me that this should happen.I paid a lot of money for the blouse, and I feel I should get some kind of refund. Please tell me what you want to do.
Thank you.
C "

So she washed 2 days ago for the first time a blouse that she bought from me last year . WOW ! But I took it very seriously her complaint because this mean that my business is a joke , not a business . In fact I sold hundreds of blouses with no return in 10 years . No complaint about quality or the worst scenario for a producer like me : bleeding of the embroidery . I have an worker who is paid only to wash the thread before to use in hand embroidery and also I wash myself each blouse which I list and sell . I told to her that if a blouse bleed , it will start to bleed even in closet because of the humidity in the air . She wrote to me :

"The blouse was fine in the closet. It did not bleed in the closet. It only bled when I washed it yesterday. The red ran all over the floor and the tub where I hung it to dry. It is not that bad on the blouse, but there is still pink on it. Can I exchange it for another blouse instead of a refund? I am hoping my sister doesn't have the same problem with her blouse. Let me know if I can exchange it for another one in a size Medium? I am so sorry this is so upsetting for you. Thanks.I will send the blouse back today. "

I asked her to tell to her sister ( who received this second blouse ) to wash the blouse she just received from me . Here is her answer :

"
I mentioned it to my sister already. She is living on an island, plus she is lazy. She will send it to the cleaners in about 3 months when she returns to New York, so I can't count on her. I will take a refund when you get it, and then buy another blouse maybe in the blue, although I like the red better. Don't worry, I would rather have a refund sent to my paypal address. Thank you. C.

??????? WHAT ?? Then I asked her photos with the bleeding blouse , the blouse she claimed that she bought from me last year . Here is her answer :

" I already sent the blouse back to you .
When you do receive the blouse, please refund me the full price plus postage. I think you should pay for the postage, as the blouse is defective, and I just paid for postage to return it. I plan on buying another blouse when I receive the refund but probably in a different color, as you say you do not have it in red. Do you have any idea when you will have a red one? Please let me know that you got this message, and please let me know when you receive the blouse. " .

So she wants a full refund for a blouse claiming she bought from me last year . And have a similar blouse bought from me last month in perfect condition about she doesn't want to wash it or to check it if is defective . At this point I realized that she is a dishonest woman . So I checked all my PayPal transactions from June 2014 until today and beside the purchase made on 28 June 2017 I had no other transaction with her or any other person with an identical last name . The blouse claimed that is purchased from me last year was never purchased from me . And this bleeding old blouse is on the way to Romania , to me , for a full refund !!!!!!!! She sent the blouse like a simple letter post , not trackable !!

I need any help possible with this case . Thank you in advance for any advice . I take into consideration including to report her to police for fraud . Sorry for my so long post but because of my English I prefer to quote .
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-30-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: A buyer want to return to me an 1 year old item never bought from me ! HELP !

I do not understand the part about 'last year', there are 2 blouses, is the blouse she returned to you and sent picture of , the one delivered this july?
because if it is the one from last year, then she has no option of refund from you or to open a case and she cannot leave a neg for that one as it is over 90 days....

Anyway, cutting a long story short, assuming she says the one in July is the one returned, and she has returned the blouse, by letter, in theory if it is not trackable then you can state that it is not received on any case and she might be refunded by ebay but not you, as there is no proof of return.....and get a neg rating.

why would you report her to police? what is the point, they will not action anything....how much are these blouses, are they really expensive? You are taking this too personally, which is understandable, but just block her user id from buying, and if her address orders again, cancel the purchase. Her sister might buy from you though....

It might be good for her to have a bad experience with you, as long as you stay on the right side of ebay rules, and has to go through a case, so that she understands she is not welcome to buy from you ever again, because right now she seems to be oblivious and thinks you want her has a customer.......

or you can just refund it, and be grateful that this is the first crazy lady you got in 10 years, as it is unheard of in clothing category to be so lucky....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-30-2017 at 05:14 AM.
Old 07-30-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: A buyer want to return to me an 1 year old item never bought from me ! HELP !

The blouse cost 169 $ + shipping 22 .
She never bought last year or any other year a blouse for me . She bought probably one Romanian blouse in the past from a different seller . I saw the blouse she bought in the past because she sent to me a photo . It is not a closer photo and may it is old . It is similar ( NOT IDENTICAL ) with the blouse she bought from me on May 2017 . Because the blouses are completely hand made there can not be 2 identical !
So I guess that she had in mind this scenario : she has in her closet an old and bleeding Romanian blouse . She found a seller who sell at least a similar Romanian blouse . She bought the new handmade and in perfect condition Romanian blouse from this seller ( me on ebay ) . I sent it , she received it . The blouse she purchased from me , this second blouse , is different of the first blouse , they are only 80 % identical . So she can not complain directly to me that this blouse bought from me is defective . But as she repeated to me very often that she is a repeating customer , she complained suddenly to me about that blouse she has in her closet . On ebay passed only 30 days since she received her merchandise , she still can give to me a negative . In this situation she pushed me to accept her a return for an 1 year old item which she claimed that she bought from me . Checking my PayPal transaction I saw that she never bought another blouse from me beside the blouse bought on ebay on 28 May . The blouse , the defective blouse from her closet is on the way to me as she stated in her last message . Sent as letter post , not trackable .
Now what ?If I 'll not accept this return ( here we have to go to post to sign for an international letter , nobody will put this in my mail box ) the letter will return to her .
She will be furious and may be will claim with PaYPal that the blouse bought on May from me is defective and she will return to me under PaYPal pressure with a track-trace her old and bleeding blouse instead of my perfect blouse .
This is my problem . Because 180 days return with PayPal is the problem .
Old 07-30-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Ok I understand now, the buyer wants to return something bought elsewhere, and the reason you know this is because the pic shows a slightly different style.

problem is there is no proof apart from your in-depth knowledge of your product, that this is a 'bait and switch' swapping scenario.

So you intend not to sign for the item, this is an ok idea, and it gets returned? and you are sure there is no tracking for this, even simple one, eg. a record of the return that she can access?

Maybe she will be furious, but why should it be easy for her to win this, and keep doing it to you or other sellers...up to you if you put obstacles in her way or just refund and move on.....

So the return is unofficial but it is on messages, the only defence you have is that she said she sent it but maybe it got lost as no proof of receipt.....she could say it got returned and she is sending again with tracking....she could also do a card chargeback...

90 days is the feedback window....you can try and string her out til then! with oops not received, try sending it again, after I come back from holidays etc etc....you might get a return but you could avoid the neg with a bit of clever timing if you stretch it to september, and not letting on you are annoyed and wanting to be working with her......maybe

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-30-2017 at 08:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
gbart (07-30-2017)
Old 07-30-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Cheers to oompaloompa for patience on reading the long posts #darling
Old 07-30-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

very nice guy-oompaloompa.so patience on reading and answering the long posts.
Old 07-30-2017
Threadstarter  

Yes , he is a nice and helpful person and I thank him for his help .And you have to add quotes in your thread because just copied and pasted the previous poster ! So lack of imagination ...
Old 07-30-2017

Longevity: 41%

I would just ignore it, tell her this is not a return as there is no proof of purchasing the item on ebay and if she leaves negative feedback, just get in touch with ebay and ask them to erase the feedback and tell them about the messages exchanged and they will do so
Old 07-30-2017
Threadstarter  

And if she will open a dispute through PayPal with the blouse bought from me on May ? And she will return to me that old defective blouse instead of the blouse bought from me ?
Old 07-31-2017

you will send paypal the same messages as you would to eBay, to show them she is talking rubbish and they will close the case in your favour hopefully.
Old 07-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbart View Post
Yes , he is a nice and helpful person and I thank him for his help .And you have to add quotes in your thread because just copied and pasted the previous poster ! So lack of imagination ...
oompaloompa = she by the way
Old 07-31-2017
Threadstarter  

Here is the last update with the messages in between me and this woman :

ME :

Hello ,
I need a Reference Number / Transaction ID from your PayPal for the purchase you claim that you did with me or my store last year or any other previous year beside the purchase you made on my ebay store on 28 May 2017 . You can find them in your PayPal activity . I need also the date ( day-month -year) of any other purchase you made from me beside the purchase made on 28 May 2017 . These are recorded in your PayPal account .
Thank you

SHE

New message from: (733Purple Star)

I have been looking and can't find the Reference Number/Transaction ID. You will know you made this blouse when you receive it. I bought it from you, and I only wore it one time. It is almost exactly like the one I bought for my sister. Again, I am very upset. If you think I am lying to you, I am not. Why didn't you ask for this information prior to my returning the blouse. I don't understand. We had a very good rapport about my sister's blouse, and now I feel I am being accused of not even buying the blouse from you. I wouldn't have bought the blouse for my sister if I hadn't bought the same one from you before. I wouldn't take chances on the blouse, which was very expensive. I am not sure if there is a problem and what that is.

Hi,
I looked through as best I can, and I am unable to find the Transaction ID. However, I will keep looking. The blouse I returned and the one bought
on 5/28/17 are my only two purchases. It sounds like you don't believe I bought the blouse from you? This is very upsetting for
me if this is true. I bought that blouse from you and did not wear it until last Saturday....I then washed it and it bled.
Thanks.

ME :

Here we have 2 different cases :
1 . you never purchased a blouse from me / my store or whatsoever prior / beside the blouse bought on 28 . May 2017 . I checked all my PayPal transactions since 2014 until today . There is no other Pay Pal transaction with your name , mail address or shipping address and I 'll build my case on this PayPal report This Romanian blouse is produced by many other sellers and may be you don't remember from where you bought . But is 100 % sure that you never bought from me and I can prove that . But let's say that you bought from me prior to 28 May 2017 ,as you wrote very often in your messages , I quote you : I bought from you last year ...... " nobody in this world will offer warranty more than 1 year for a clothing . But you never purchased another blouse beside the blouse bought on May 28 2017 . I 'll prove that everywhere is needed with my PayPal report for the last 4 years .
2. You received the blouse bought from me on 28 May 2017 . The parcel was sent trackable , insured , it is shown delivered on usps website . You checked the blouse because you said that the blouse you received is sent as gift to your sister on a Spanish island . I guess that the blouse is ok as long passed more than 1 month since you received it . You checked it . Your sister checked it in that Spanish island .
But still I want to make you happy and accept returns on the blouse YOU BOUGHT FROM ME , the blouse bought on 28 May 2017 . It must be returned as was sent , not worn , in its original package with a trackable international service . I wait it , no problem .For the full refund . But I wait it soon ! And I accept returns only on the merchandise bought from me , not from other seller in the last decade .
You sent me a photo with the blouse that you are claiming that you bought from me in the past and I have photos with the blouse that you purchased on 28 May 2017 . They are different .
Thank you

SHE :
I did not send you a photo. I did buy the blouse from you. My sister washed the blouse as I asked her to, and this blouse bled as well.
This blouse was also sent back to you this week, as my sister came home early. I want reimbursement or an exchange. You are changing your mind, and I don't appreciate this at all. You are not telling me the truth as you don't want to believe you sent a damaged blouse to me. I did buy it from you. They are the same exact blouses. You can't sell a damaged blouse. This one is damaged as well, and I have sent it back to you. I want reimbursement on the blouse I bought on May 28, 2017. How could she know it was damaged unless she washed it which she did. She washed it before she wore it, as I asked her to to make sure it didn't bleed.

Now she opened a return request with ebay with the following reason :
Info from the buyer
Reason
Doesn't work or defective
Comments
I bought this blouse on May 28, 2017. I returned it a few days ago, as it was defective. The blouse was washed and the red embroidery bled onto the white cotton gauze, and it turned pink. I paid almost $200 for a defective blouse. I would like a total refund or an exchange for this blouse. I am very upset, as I paid a lot for this blouse. I just sent it back. Again, I would appreciate a refund or exchange. Thank you very much.

The item was bought on 28 May and delivered on 23 June .
USPS Tracking:CO986573113RO

Any help will be appreciate with this woman !!!
She lies at each message !

I want to insert photos in this message and I don't know how !
Old 07-31-2017

just contact ebay and tell them what is happening.
Old 07-31-2017
Threadstarter  

I wrote 3 reports on her since Friday . No answer from ebay .
I want to complain to police to USA . I want to acuse her for mail fraud because she switched the blouses .
Old 07-31-2017

contact them through live chat, they rarely act on reports
Old 07-31-2017
Threadstarter  

where is the live chat ?? can you send me a link ?
Old 08-01-2017

Longevity: 72%

I've read this like 10 times and I'm completed snowed under all by the details.

You're making this too complicated. You can't win if nobody can figure out what's going on. You have to be able to sum this up in 50 words or less.

The way I'm reading this there are two issues here:

Issue 1. She bought a blouse a year ago. She wants to return it.

Bottom line: She can't get a refund for a product a year old no matter who she bought it from. Further discussion on the year old purchase is irrelevant.

Try to refuse the package. Leave the mail person a note in the mailbox: I refuse any international package from "insert name here", please return to sender.

Issue 2. She's claiming the second blouse is ALSO defective.

She probably will get a refund for the one she bought a month or so ago, IF she claims it is a defective product. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. It doesn't matter if she returns a rock, not your blouse.

That one they'll probably give her. You've got little to no choice in the matter. EB and PP almost always side with the buyer in these matters.

Do call them and try though.
Old 08-01-2017
Threadstarter  

I I sent last night 6 messages with my case to all ebay customer supports I found . I have no option to phone call from Romania . I filled a complaint for to IC3 and I was ready to fill a complaint for email fraud . Meantime I asked help to ebay support with her return request and they sent to me message that they closed her request in my favor .
Here is the answr :

Thank you for contacting eBay about the case that you recently filed for the [Van Helsing, Anna Valerious blouse Hand embroidered Romanian peasant blouse M/L] ([302236901454]), which was not as described. I'm sorry to hear that the transaction did not go as expected.

I’ve reviewed the case, taking into account the listing, the photos of the item and the communication between you and the seller. I can see you washed the blouse before filing the case. Unfortunately, this is considered altering the item and means it is no longer in the same condition as it was when you received it. Because of this, it's no longer covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee and we're unable to close the case in your favor.

I understand this is disappointing. To keep this from happening in the future, do bear in mind that if you receive an item that differs from your seller’s listing, you’ll only be entitled to a refund if you can return the item in the same condition as you received it.

I realize this may not be the answer you were expecting, but I hope this information clearly explains why a refund cannot be issued.

If you would like to learn more about our eBay Money Back Guarantee, please visit
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...rotection.html

Sincerely,

The ebay closed the buyer return request in my favor .
But before this message I already denyed her request .

Now on ebay facebook chat an ebay representative assured me that brcause ebay closed the case in my favor , she is not able to negg me .
So the game is over .
Old 08-02-2017

Longevity: 72%

Congratulations! You are the one in a million EB case winner! You should buy lottery tickets today and use the case number!!!

Next she'll probably open the case in PP or appeal saying clothing that bleeds when it is washed is unfit for the purpose it was intended for.