Just got an email from paypal. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-01-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Just got an email from paypal.

Hi!

So I'm doing my eBay Stealth as usual.

I created THIS specific stealth account back in June. Made my first sale. Funds were held for 21 days... 90days/25 sales/ 250$ blah blah blah, been there done that.

My first sale was on June 8th, which typically means that the 21 hold will be removed on Sept 8th (as long as there is no problem) which I'm fine with.

All of a sudden, last week of July, All my payments were instant without a hold. Like every single item I sold on ebay didn't have a 21 day hold. I was like "Ok, 90 days period hasn't passed yet, my account is relatively new and stealth. So maybe they got rid of 90 days bulls**t ?! I'm definitely happy about that....

Today when i woke up, I got an email from paypal...

An important message about your PayPal balance

Hello XXXX,

Congratulations on your first sale with PayPal. Since you are a new seller with us, we'd like to give you important information about how your payments are processed.

Payments you receive from buyers are now in your pending balance and temporarily unavailable.

If you do nothing, this money will automatically be moved to your available balance and released to you in 21 days (as long as there are no problems with your orders).

Why?
New sellers sometimes have an increased number of returns, claims, or chargebacks from their buyers. In order to protect buyers and sellers in the PayPal community, we have a 21-day delay.

Want to get your money faster?

For current payments, ship your item now and log in to PayPal. Then click See how to get your money faster at the top of the page.You can get your money within 7-14 days.

For future payments, you can remove the 21-day delay. Please complete the following:

Establish a successful selling history. Please do the following:

Complete 10 successful sales.

Provide great customer experiences! Follow good selling practices for 60 days

Ok, well first of all...why the hell does it think that I made my first sale today, When I already made like 40+ sales by now?????

Second, 60 days wtf? It should be about 45!!, I already have over a month of successful selling history, did that not count??!

Anyone else have this? I've seen topics when people were getting this email after the first sale, but not after their 40+ sale. Do I honestly have to wait 60 days from the moment I got this email? Any info would be appreciated...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-01-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Just got an email from paypal.

Sounds like some kind of glitch prematurely removed your payment holds, then the error was noticed and the holds were reapplied.

Options are to call them and explain the glitch, or sell another 2 months and wait for instant payments. It would be an easy call but personally I would keep selling and let the holds disappear naturally.

Peculiar situation for sure but I don't understand what sort of information you're seeking. Their email was straightforward.
Old 08-01-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Peculiar situation for sure but I don't understand what sort of information you're seeking. Their email was straightforward.
Was hoping somebody with the same situation could share the experience.

Also it's not so straightforward. Maybe it means I have to wait 60 days since my first sale which happened in June. Or it could mean something else. PayPal is a glitchy POS. So anything they said can be taking with a grain of salt.
Old 08-03-2017

Longevity: 72%

Nothing you can do about this.

But go ahead and call, just tell them, 'I've made a few sales and things went GREAT, my track history is fabulous, make my holds go away please', I'm sure they'll immediately say, 'wow, we made such a huge mistake, obviously you're amazingly dependable, and based on your very long and successful track history of around a month or two it's obvious we made a huge mistake! NO MORE HOLDS EVER!!'.

**Never happened ever to anyone**

Just hunker down and get through it like we all do.

And remember, the holds can come back at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Old 08-05-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell007 View Post
Was hoping somebody with the same situation could share the experience.

Also it's not so straightforward. Maybe it means I have to wait 60 days since my first sale which happened in June. Or it could mean something else. PayPal is a glitchy POS. So anything they said can be taking with a grain of salt.
I've had this happen, usually it's triggered by something you can't really help. E.g. negative feedback, item not received, etc. As long as you do your best, it shouldn't impact too many of your accounts (I have this on maybe 30% of my stealths)
Old 08-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
I've had this happen, usually it's triggered by something you can't really help. E.g. negative feedback, item not received, etc. As long as you do your best, it shouldn't impact too many of your accounts (I have this on maybe 30% of my stealths)
Sometimes even the source of payment from buyers can flip a hold on to the account
Old 08-05-2017

Longevity: 38%

Only happened to me a few times, & funds were on hold for 24hour.

You will receive your money in 21 days, though.
Old 08-06-2017
Threadstarter  

It was a good stealth account. No negative feedback, not even a single case opened.

I just got screwed by 22 days for no reason. Thats all i gotta say..

(Situations like this make me think what happens first, Paypal stops ripping people off, or people stop ripping off paypal
Old 08-07-2017

Longevity: 41%

Same thing happened with me last month. They hold my money for just 1 day. You don't need to worry about this mail you have to wait 21 days.They'll transfer your funds