Have etsy caught me out? New account sales still processing. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 08-09-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Have etsy caught me out? New account sales still processing.

I recently moved house and got a new bank card and ID which all links to my new address. Its been a few years since my old etsy got suspended. So my new one has all new details, new IP, new bank account/ debit card, new address, everything is absolutely new apart from my name.

The account has been up and running for over a week now and I only have one item listed at the moment to start the account off slow and yesterday I received my first 2 sales and today I received another. All of them were made less than 24 hours ago but are all still processing. Is this normal or should I be concerned? I've had etsy accounts process payments for a while when the account is new but I can't remember how long they processed for.

Would my full name be enough for them to catch me out? My address is a different town and everything so nothing really is similar other than my full name being the same. On my real first account I never provided them with an ID or anything either but I have for this one.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Have etsy caught me out? New account sales still processing.

Unless you have a super unique name....I don't think a name by itself will do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
HAHlala (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017

Longevity: 72%

Lots of people have the same name.

I think if they twigged to you they'd just shut you down, they wouldn't delay processing and anger the customer.

There may be an issue with your PP... For example, if they paid by PP and it isn't properly set up, or if the PP payment address on ET.sy isn't correct, it will show as 'processing' indefinitely because won't posted to PP.

If you're using DC or whatever they call it these days, I don't see why it wouldn't process, it would post to your shop account, you just wouldn't be able to withdraw it.
Old 08-09-2017
EtsyGirl

Longevity: 0%

What do you mean by delayed processing?

They hold your funds for 3 days when you are a new user. Is that what you mean? Because if it is, that is totally normal.
Old 08-09-2017

Longevity: 38%

New account received delay payment too.I use Paypal.I received 1st order the payment in processing.Etsy hold money.And next day my new stealth account closed but I think it not about paying.Probably because of other issues.I sell the product in the same catagory that the account is banned.May be what they catch.Maybe a new rule for new accounts to hold the money.
Old 08-10-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy View Post
New account received delay payment too.I use Paypal.I received 1st order the payment in processing.Etsy hold money.And next day my new stealth account closed but I think it not about paying.Probably because of other issues.I sell the product in the same catagory that the account is banned.May be what they catch.Maybe a new rule for new accounts to hold the money.
Are you a Paypal only shop? If so, etsy shouldn't be holding funds. If you are in the mixed processing, etsy will reverse the payment to the buyer unfortunately.
Old 08-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Are you a Paypal only shop? If so, etsy shouldn't be holding funds. If you are in the mixed processing, etsy will reverse the payment to the buyer unfortunately.
Yes,I use Paypal only.The status in order is pending.At first, I thought the customer paid by e-check but customer said the paypal cut her money.The money not tranfer to me.I think this is the only one who opens a new seller account.It may take a while to transfer funds to your account. To be sure that new sellers will not cheat.
Old 08-10-2017

Longevity: 51%

HAHlala didnt you have this last time with the first sales on your new stealth?

Anyway I find this always happens with my first sale, like maybe for some reason Et.sy requires a genuine person look over the transaction before giving it the green light. I don't think they'll have linked you, a name is not much to go on at all when you consider how many people there must be using Et.sy

I sort of wondered to myself if the first sale is where Et.sy actually reviews the account. I remember on my first stealth I didn't get my "congratulations your store is open" email until I got my first sale. But on my more recent stealths I now get that email earlier so figured I must be wrong, unless they just changed the email part.

Last edited by zenohki; 08-10-2017 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-10-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy View Post
Yes,I use Paypal only.The status in order is pending.At first, I thought the customer paid by e-check but customer said the paypal cut her money.The money not tranfer to me.I think this is the only one who opens a new seller account.It may take a while to transfer funds to your account. To be sure that new sellers will not cheat.
How would etsy hold a payment they have no part in processing?

Standalone PayPal. For sellers accepting standalone PayPal, you will receive funds from PayPal purchases directly into your PayPal account. This payment method exists for sellers in countries that are not yet eligible for Etsy Payments and for sellers in certain countries who have opted to continue receiving funds into their standalone PayPal accounts. Sellers who accept standalone PayPal will continue to pay PayPal fees. Orders paid through standalone PayPal are not covered by Etsy’s Seller Protection Program. Please note, in certain circumstances where a seller accepts Etsy Payments and standalone PayPal, it may be necessary for Etsy to process some PayPal transactions through integrated PayPal. For example, if a buyer chooses to pay with an Etsy Gift Card or Etsy Credit and covers the remaining balance using PayPal, Etsy can only process the transaction through integrated PayPal. Similarly, if a buyer purchases items from multiple shops in a single transaction and chooses PayPal as the payment method, Etsy may have to process the transaction through integrated PayPal.

https://www.etsy.com/legal/etsy-payments/

Last edited by Gladiator; 08-10-2017 at 02:31 AM.
Old 08-10-2017

I'm not sure if it counts since I'm on DC, but I've had one of my first sales held even though the customer paid by pay.pal. Obviously with DC Et.sy is the middleman so they can hold the money, but perhaps they can pause the sale and paypal will still take money from the buyers account to confirm the buyer has done their part while the transaction is reviewed?

But yeah just saying I've had a customers payment be taken but the order was not confirmed till days later, again may not count because of DC. But I'm saying Et.sy may not hold the funds, they just may pause the sale.
Old 08-10-2017
MU

https://www.etsy.com/help/article/224

If a buyer pays by PayPal direct how can etsy hold funds that has no direct link to their own services? They can't review an order and release money that isn't in their possession. Integrated PayPal is completely different as they can take the deposits direct or put them in the etsy account. He is claiming they are holding non-DC funds and that should not be possible as the sellers email is being paid, not the integrated account.
Old 08-10-2017

I would guess not. I was just thinking more that maybe pay.pal puts the funds in like a dead space that's neither here nor there while the order is taken from pending to confirmed. Like how some banks and even pay.pal say that funds can take 2 hours, or 2-3 days to be processed or appear in your account. But I don't know how these things work really, was just a thought. Like how card machines can actually take 2-3 days to take funds from your card after you were physically in a shop.
Old 08-10-2017
MU

They should request the transaction id and call PayPal.
Old 08-10-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
HAHlala didnt you have this last time with the first sales on your new stealth?

Anyway I find this always happens with my first sale, like maybe for some reason Et.sy requires a genuine person look over the transaction before giving it the green light. I don't think they'll have linked you, a name is not much to go on at all when you consider how many people there must be using Et.sy

I sort of wondered to myself if the first sale is where Et.sy actually reviews the account. I remember on my first stealth I didn't get my "congratulations your store is open" email until I got my first sale. But on my more recent stealths I now get that email earlier so figured I must be wrong, unless they just changed the email part.
Yeah it did happen with my stealth but I couldn't remember how long they processed for. This is all my own real details so its essentially not a stealth so I am hoping it keeps going. Pretty much after I posted this question the sales were processed and I got the congratulations on your first sale email and since then I've received a few more sales so I'm hoping the account is all good now.
Old 08-10-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyGirl View Post
What do you mean by delayed processing?

They hold your funds for 3 days when you are a new user. Is that what you mean? Because if it is, that is totally normal.
I know they hold funds for new users but I was referring to the money not even being transferred to my payment account. It was still a 'processing order' so it tells you not to ship the order until the processing has been complete. But its all good now, its finished processing and the payments are in my payments account.
Old 08-10-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 71%

I have this on all my new etsys, should be okay in a few days
Old 08-10-2017
Threadstarter  

I spoke too soon. I thought everything was going fine, its been up for over a week just started getting sales this week they were all processing and going through fine so I thought I was in the clear. Ive just received an email from etsy integrity saying something along the lines that the items I am selling are against etsy policies an don't comply with their rules. However I am selling a really low risk cheap item that does look very hand made. Its not actually handmade as I just listed anything to make sure then account was going to be ok before I start listing the real items I plan on selling. But the item really looks handmade and they wouldn't know otherwise as its a clothing item and many other people sell similar items to this with different pictures of course.

Would I get an email like this if they had actually just caught me out and have linked my old account? Or would the email be different? I just emailed them back asking what the problem was and that my item is handmade.

Was really hoping this account would be ok as its my real details and wanted to try and keep it going.
Old 08-10-2017
MU

If it is identical to items other sell, regardless of it being able to appear handmade, someone flagged it or when they got your deposit notice they checked the items and knew from someone in the past they aren't true items. Others getting away with it has no factor here. You stated you were only selling this item and by not blending in with other legit products they figured you were solely a reseller.

You need to start again and in the meantime should open some PayPal only shops outside the U.K.
Old 08-10-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If it is identical to items other sell, regardless of it being able to appear handmade, someone flagged it or when they got your deposit notice they checked the items and knew from someone in the past they aren't true items. Others getting away with it has no factor here. You stated you were only selling this item and by not blending in with other legit products they figured you were solely a reseller.

You need to start again and in the meantime should open some PayPal only shops outside the U.K.
No it wasn't identical but similar type of item. It is definitely something that could easily pass as handmade and its inexpensive. I will see what they say to my email and if not il just try again.
Old 08-10-2017
MU

Is it something easily found on supplier websites?
Old 08-10-2017

Quote:
Is it something easily found on supplier websites?
I think this what got me.

I saw many other shops (>10 shops) who sell the similar items got shut down.
It leave only 1-2 big shops.
Its really a pity, since I know they also not produced by themselves. This handmade factory is just next to my door steps. I even visited the factory.
Old 08-10-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applepie View Post
I think this what got me.

I saw many other shops (>10 shops) who sell the similar items got shut down.
It leave only 1-2 big shops.
Its really a pity, since I know they also not produced by themselves. This handmade factory is just next to my door steps. I even visited the factory.
I think you need to probably change your setup as you're putting yourself too close to banned account areas and addresses. I sent you a message.