Etsy shop got shut down after first sale - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 08-09-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Etsy shop got shut down after first sale

I started etsy stealth 18 days ago,today I just made my first sale ,and my shop got shut down,before that everything is fine.what went wrong?

Heres the steps I took:
new computer
new ip
new email
new cc
new pp ( unverify)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Etsy shop got shut down after first sale

New Name and Address? New Bank Account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukina View Post
I started etsy stealth 18 days ago,today I just made my first sale ,and my shop got shut down,before that everything is fine.what went wrong?

Heres the steps I took:
new computer
new ip
new email
new cc
new pp ( unverify)
Old 08-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukina View Post

Heres the steps I took:
new computer
new ip
new email
new cc
new pp ( unverify)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
New Name and Address? New Bank Account?
New listing items? <- this one that caught me after I sold 5 items !!
Old 08-10-2017
EtsyGirl

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applepie View Post
New listing items? <- this one that caught me after I sold 5 items !!
what if you have some of the same items for sale but with new pics/descriptions...
Old 08-10-2017

Longevity: 49%

Same happened to me today. Did you receive an email as to why yours was shut down? I got an email saying my items are not handmade or vintage so don't fit etsy marketplace. However the items are really low risk and could very easily be handmade so I think something else has flagged this up and that is just there excuse. Also many other sellers sell similar items to what I was selling.

Have you emailed easy about it?
Old 08-10-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

You're in the US so I suspect you used someone else's info? Probably used similar or same photos? When you made a sale and they checked your store they probably saw the burned products and closed it. That or you used the bank account again?

US stealth is easy, but you have to prepare.
Old 08-10-2017
EtsyGirl

Longevity: 0%

I just had my first sale and it is pending...fingers crossed

I never had a pending sale on my real store...
Old 08-10-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyGirl View Post

Depending on the info you used it could be either awaiting verification or is under their random processing time frame. A quick search of the forums has several people having this issue under bugs and being referred to:
Quote:
Delayed payments

Sales can sometimes take a bit longer than normal to process completely. When this happens, you'll receive an email from Etsy informing you that your order is currently in a processing state.

The processing state will only be temporary. You'll receive a separate confirmation email when it's complete.

Note: Please hold off on shipping your order until you've received this confirmation.

While the order is still processing, it won't appear on your Orders page. Instead, you'll see a small note saying, "You have processing orders."

Please wait to ship the item until:

you receive an email confirmation that the order was processed, or
you see that the order has moved to your Orders page
If your sale can't be completed, the item will go back up for sale in your shop. Please don't ship the order until you see that the processing has completed.

If you have any orders that have been processing or in the processing state for more than 48 hours, email us or request a phone call by clicking the contact link at the bottom of this page.
While it's very uncommon it could be a coincidence of this happening to a few people on here lately. That or the info being used triggered a bot to hold the order and your shop will be closed down. I've personally never had this happened or anyone whose followed my instructions had this happened so I'm going off of the forum and just general mistakes people tend to make on here.
Old 08-10-2017

Hello all,
Today also, i received again the doomed email that my account (3rd one) has been suspended.

I thought its complete stealth as said by folks here.
The only think I can think of now is:

1. During the billing registration, my registered CC has the same address as my previous CC address (but different names). Paypal name + address is different with previous.
Never paid with both CC.
New paypal has not paid to Et/sy yet

2. The product i listed is only 1 item, with everything is different (model, description, photo) but the same category as my previous banned account.

3. So many shops also listing the same items. Although its completely handmade. And most of them also a new shop.

4. I opened the new shop too fast (just 3 days after they closed my account).

5. No item sold yet.

Any advise here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyGirl View Post

Sorry EtsyGirl, I cannot reply your PM so, i wrote back here.

But on my experience while they closed 2nd account, the same items although different description, image, batch purifier, tag, etc., they will get flag eventually. And it happen after almost a month, and I made 5 sales from it. Hopefully you are lucky.
Old 08-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
Same happened to me today. Did you receive an email as to why yours was shut down? I got an email saying my items are not handmade or vintage so don't fit etsy marketplace. However the items are really low risk and could very easily be handmade so I think something else has flagged this up and that is just there excuse. Also many other sellers sell similar items to what I was selling.

Have you emailed easy about it?
Perhaps my 2nd reason why they shut down my account.
Old 08-10-2017

Like me in the last stealth account.I slowly began.Add 2 listing in first days and add 5 listing in 2 weeks and received 1st order.Ater I got my first order just one day, the store was closed!!! I received e-mail saying my store was at risk.I'm trying to find a reason. I use everything new.There are a few things that I suspect might be caught. I also sell products in the same category.However, I have a new design and take a new photo.It may be considered a risk.And I verified the account with paypal. I transfer money from the original PayPal. To the my sister account and use my sister account for pay verification et sy account.I'm not sure about that. But I have read in some topic that should not transfer money like this.
Now i'm worried!!!! I plan to steath in this week.But it's too risky Such a problem that many people face in this time.Will it go on?
Old 08-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy View Post
Like me in the last stealth account.I slowly began.Add 2 listing in first days and add 5 listing in 2 weeks and received 1st order.Ater I got my first order just one day, the store was closed!!! I received e-mail saying my store was at risk.I'm trying to find a reason. I use everything new.There are a few things that I suspect might be caught. I also sell products in the same category.However, I have a new design and take a new photo.It may be considered a risk.And I verified the account with paypal. I transfer money from the original PayPal. To the my sister account and use my sister account for pay verification et sy account.I'm not sure about that. But I have read in some topic that should not transfer money like this.
Now i'm worried!!!! I plan to steath in this week.But it's too risky Such a problem that many people face in this time.Will it go on?
Any other competitors in your category that sell similar items?

I just checked again on the same similar items in that particular category, they shut down most of the new shops that sell similar items.
In my observation >10 shops were closed, and they only left 1-2 big shops only.

Its a pity, since those 1-2 big shops are not produced the items themselves.
In Et/sy terms its "PRODUCTION PARTNER"

I am so pissed with Et/sy that I would like to get back to them and create stealth account successfully
Old 08-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applepie View Post
Any other competitors in your category that sell similar items?

I just checked again on the same similar items in that particular category, they shut down most of the new shops that sell similar items.
In my observation >10 shops were closed, and they only left 1-2 big shops only.

Its a pity, since those 1-2 big shops are not produced the items themselves.
In Et/sy terms its "PRODUCTION PARTNER"

I am so pissed with Et/sy that I would like to get back to them and create stealth account successfully
In that category, there are still open new stores.Sell similar products.And I can see clearly that it is not Handmade.It's not fair.My goods are really handmade by me.But I also know that Et*sy don't care.

I also hope to be successful soon.But now I'm very worried. Something changed. It looks like it will be more difficult.
I wish you good luck
Old 08-10-2017
MU

Quote:
You might have made the mistake at the Paypal verify part.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
eazy (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017

Quote:
In that category, there are still open new stores.Sell similar products.And I can see clearly that it is not Handmade.It's not fair.My goods are really handmade by me.But I also know that Et*sy don't care.

I also hope to be successful soon.But now I'm very worried. Something changed. It looks like it will be more difficult.
I wish you good luck
Yeah, I can confirm that Et/sy doesnt care at all about being handmade or not anymore.

All I can suggest, if you want to sell similar items dont rush to comeback. Take some weeks off is better and try other market place out there. Or if you insist, perhaps try different category with completely different items.

I wish you good luck as well !!
The Following User Says Thank You to Applepie For This Useful Post:
eazy (09-03-2017)
Old 08-11-2017
MU

Nothing has changed with how to get on or sale the same items. Now, if you're selling something that is being closely watched (like certain iPhone cases were in 2014 for example) you may have to change your method of marketing or add products later on, but getting back on and avoiding flagging has not changed in the past two years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
eazy (08-18-2017), wannaride1 (12-18-2017)