1 of my stealth et/sys shut down conspiracy theory lol - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 08-14-2017
EtsyGirl

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default 1 of my stealth et/sys shut down conspiracy theory lol

Hello,

Unfortunately one of my stealths was shut down. I am so happy i decided to make two stores to help mitigate my risks.

my store that got shut down after 48 hours sold custom name jewelry and some earrings. my "conspiracy theory" is that i got reported by the big powerful sellers that probably troll and report. the messed up thing is that they sell from Chinese wholesale sites themselves!!

I think selling jewelry unless it really is handmade is a big no no for stealth's and will get you shut sooner rather than later. Come to think of it my real et/sy store wasn't shut down till I started getting greedy and adding jewelry pieces in.

That is what I think and would love to hear your opinion.

Last edited by EtsyGirl; 08-14-2017 at 06:44 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2017

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: 1 of my stealth et/sys shut down conspiracy theory lol

Maybe that you had 35 listings in 1 week got you shut down...?
Old 08-14-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobrockz View Post
Maybe that you had 35 listings in 1 week got you shut down...?
that account is the one that is still up
Old 08-14-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

If it's an item people sell that get shut down all the time it was an easy mark. That or when they checked your info something was off and they closed you down.
Old 08-14-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
If it's an item people sell that get shut down all the time it was an easy mark. That or when they checked your info something was off and they closed you down.
on my other stealth...well, the one that's still up I am worried because I had a sell processing (which i read was normal) it went through a couple hours ago.

I noticed an ets.y admin faved my shop and one of my items then right after that my sale went through

When i went to click on the name of the person who faved my shop (the ets.y admin) i see they follow many shops that have just had their first sale. They also follows some normal shops (as in, they have lots of sales).

I never noticed with my first shop but i guess they manually look at your shop after your first sale.

I noticed that the shops with one sale where they follow and faves items well obviously they are still up! So I can't tell if I have passed the test or if they faved my shop to flag it and is going to give it closer inspection? If so, would I not have been closed down already?

I am scared bc someone posted that their account got shut down after their first sale

Last edited by EtsyGirl; 08-14-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2017
MU

I have personally never seen an admin favorite new shops like that so I can't say whether or not they will close you down or not. Where the sell went through, is the money available to deposit yet? If so, most you can do is see if they'll let that go through.

I think the issue with the other shop was the item itself, not anything particular they did during setup.

As before, this is why I recommend having multiple shops and some Paypal only shops so that the fear of losing them is severely decreased.
Old 08-14-2017
EtsyGirl

I'll see how this plays out tomorrow, I wanted to let people to know and also see if they have had the same experience

I heard you, or maybe it was someone else say your shop isn't truly "open" till it's passed its first sale.

Does someone manually check every first sale? It seems so. Either way, I don't want an et.sy admin following my shop when I am trying to stealth.

Here is what happened: I had someone purchase from me and the order stayed processing for a long time. This person, I'll call them James as a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name faved an item from my shop then my shop then right after my order which had been processing since last week went through right after. Could not just be a coincidence. So hopefully it's a good sign they looked at my shop and let the sale go through.

When I went to 'Jame's" profile I saw they were et.sy admin so I got all scared! I browsed their fave stores and most stores were all stores who had their first sale. So it seems like James goes through them. The stores are still there so that's a good sign mines will still be as well. And the items "James" faved seemed like something they would like based on their profile pic they seem to be the sort of style that would like my stuff so I hope it was a genuine fave. It seems like James often faves items from stores he checks.

I am just worried James is faving/following my and other stores as a way to flag and check up on them.

Since the order processed for a few days I was allowed to deposit it into my bank account right away since I already waited the 3 days and hopefully they allow it to be sent tomorrow.

What has me scared is that someone said a sale went through then the next day their shop was closed. I really, really don't want an et.sy admin following me...ugh

Quote:
I have personally never seen an admin favorite new shops like that so I can't say whether or not they will close you down or not. Where the sell went through, is the money available to deposit yet? If so, most you can do is see if they'll let that go through.

I think the issue with the other shop was the item itself, not anything particular they did during setup.

As before, this is why I recommend having multiple shops and some Paypal only shops so that the fear of losing them is severely decreased.

Last edited by EtsyGirl; 08-14-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-14-2017
MU

It wasn't me who said anything about a first sale making it open. I always get an email immediately that "congrats you're open" stuff and have never had an issue getting sales or deposits immediately when available depending on whether my shop is dc or PayPal only.

If it is the actual mod James I'd be concerned as that guy is a grade a jerk. He handles mostly intellectual property issues, but he has been known to be the photo/twenty questions guy too.

Now I've had etsy admins buy off of me before after my shop was well established and I don't think much of that, but if he's looking around a bunch of shops and favoriting them that's somewhat concerning. But hey, like you said it was all similar products so maybe he was looking at newer sellers with stuff he's into. If he was going to close the doors on the shop I don't know why he'd take the time to favorite you and do it in a day or so when he could have done it already. Just keep an eye out, but do not check his profile and lurk around from inside your account and ip. If they see it they may assume you are up to something if they don't already and close you down.

As before, make more shops and this should be no sweat off your brow.
Old 08-14-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:
It wasn't me who said anything about a first sale making it open. I always get an email immediately that "congrats you're open" stuff and have never had an issue getting sales or deposits immediately when available depending on whether my shop is dc or PayPal only.

If it is the actual mod James I'd be concerned as that guy is a grade a jerk. He handles mostly intellectual property issues, but he has been known to be the photo/twenty questions guy too.

Now I've had etsy admins buy off of me before after my shop was well established and I don't think much of that, but if he's looking around a bunch of shops and favoriting them that's somewhat concerning. But hey, like you said it was all similar products so maybe he was looking at newer sellers with stuff he's into. If he was going to close the doors on the shop I don't know why he'd take the time to favorite you and do it in a day or so when he could have done it already. Just keep an eye out, but do not check his profile and lurk around from inside your account and ip. If they see it they may assume you are up to something if they don't already and close you down.

As before, make more shops and this should be no sweat off your brow.
No, I put James in quotes cause that is a totally made up name! So funny it's a real person!

Too late, I already checked out the admin's page several times, mostly looking at the shops they faved though and items they faved. Hopefully they won't notice, Honestly, how much do they spy on us that they would look into every single page we're on????

I guess I'll look at it as a positive and not a negative an admin was on my page and fav'd my shop.

I do want to open other shops but I've run out of info to use and bank accounts to use. It takes so much time to open a shop and my other one was closed in two days. I don't even know what to sell anymore. I thought name jewelry would fit their standards but it didn't!!
Old 08-14-2017
MU

Yeah, I know you said you would use an alt name but there is a James who is a complete ass on there. Too many encounters with him over the years has soured me on all admins.

They have been known to watch people. In court records from their NY investor lawsuit a former employee detailed their methods and how they showed favorable treatment to bigger sellers. They identified and watched people for no reason.

You don't need to change what you had been selling before. You just have to follow a certain setup pattern and none of this would happen.
Old 08-14-2017
EtsyGirl

Wink Re: 1 of my stealth et/sys shut down conspiracy theory lol

Quote:
Yeah, I know you said you would use an alt name but there is a James who is a complete ass on there. Too many encounters with him over the years has soured me on all admins.

They have been known to watch people. In court records from their NY investor lawsuit a former employee detailed their methods and how they showed favorable treatment to bigger sellers. They identified and watched people for no reason.

You don't need to change what you had been selling before. You just have to follow a certain setup pattern and none of this would happen.
I know you're not gonna tell me what that setup pattern is

To me, admin means watch dog! Based on "James" faving new stores they were obviously checking in on first sales. I hope I passed the test that if they were going to close my shop they would have just done it already! My main fear is that them faving my shop is basically flagging it. Although, none of the other stores "James" fave'd seemed suspect at all. Et/sy has me paranoid.

I really do want to make new stores, it's just so much work to find items to sell, set up shops just to have them get shut down.

I believe jewelry is very high risk. I didn't get my shop closed down until I started adding in ring sets and other jewelry. Funny thing is, some of the items I was selling other people had in their stores too and I know they weren't hand made...at least not by them!

Last edited by EtsyGirl; 08-14-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2017
MU

You know how to contact me and what to do to get back on with my method, otherwise you're right I'm not letting just anyone know it because once these ways go it all goes.

That's why you need to make PayPal only shops. Absolutely no up front costs outside of new ips, at least with the way I make them anyway.

I'm sure jewelry is high risk as it's flooded with foreign, mass produced junk. Same thing caused a mass exodus in cell accessories, but it seemed to have calmed down significantly recently.
Old 08-15-2017

Longevity: 38%

I wonder if the admins are following the new shop? I found many shops, such as t-shirts. These T-shirts feature one branded copy on the shirt. I'm sure it's not copyrighted.And the store is a recently opened. It have many sells.And some stores use the image directly from AliExpress.It still survived.ฺBe puzzled!
Old 08-15-2017
MU

A lot of it comes down to Luck and how much you're being watched by competitors. I find items predominantly with American sellers tend to be the most reported. Those women just do not keep to themselves.
Old 08-15-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:
A lot of it comes down to Luck and how much you're being watched by competitors. I find items predominantly with American sellers tend to be the most reported. Those women just do not keep to themselves.
tru dat! i would say jewelry is a very watched niche and very competitive so unless you upload tons of listings you won't really be found...

but at the same time if you open lots of listings you'll be flagged by a competitor

kinda a double edged sword
Old 08-16-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyGirl View Post
tru dat! i would say jewelry is a very watched niche and very competitive so unless you upload tons of listings you won't really be found...

but at the same time if you open lots of listings you'll be flagged by a competitor

kinda a double edged sword
Pretty much. I tend to avoid those problems, but I have my own way of doing things that avoids many pitfalls of popular categories I sell in. I've never touched jewelry, not something of interest, but I know from the forums how anal those sellers are whining about designs and other sellers. Still, a lot of people can and do break into it - you just have to do it the right way.

Anyway, at this point I don't know much more I can publicly offer to tell you. Myself and a few other long term members never post the full details of our methods and agreed to never do so. If you choose to need further help of actually staying on and not burning your info, feel free to email me. Good luck with your stores!
Old 08-16-2017
EtsyGirl

Smile Re: 1 of my stealth et/sys shut down conspiracy theory lol

Quote:
Pretty much. I tend to avoid those problems, but I have my own way of doing things that avoids many pitfalls of popular categories I sell in. I've never touched jewelry, not something of interest, but I know from the forums how anal those sellers are whining about designs and other sellers. Still, a lot of people can and do break into it - you just have to do it the right way.

Anyway, at this point I don't know much more I can publicly offer to tell you. Myself and a few other long term members never post the full details of our methods and agreed to never do so. If you choose to need further help of actually staying on and not burning your info, feel free to email me. Good luck with your stores!
thank you

if i am successful with my new store and make some money i will buy your program to open new stores with