Can PP see your name IF... ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-22-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Can PP see your name IF... ?

Just saw this reply by Play:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-pa...tml#post865629

As far as I knew, Paypal could only see the name on your bank account or card, only if you TOP UP your Paypal BALANCE. Can they know see the name on your plastic debit card and your bank account, if you make a purchase on Ebay or make a paypal transfer and using your card to pay for that? Since when is that the case and how would you pay for the first couple of items on a new account without having sold anything, so there's no zero next to your name? I've paid on Ebay with a few stealth accounts to get some feedback upon opening the account. All the info was stealth and the cards were legit plastic cards on my name and haven't had any issues.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Can PP see your name IF... ?

They can see whatever name you submit to them if you choose to pay with a card. The name on your card isn't checked by AVS when you go to pay so it's perfectly fine to put a made-up name there. Using your real debit card with your real name would be extremely risky if that name has already been banned.

Alternatively you can just buy a Visa Gift Card from Walmart and pay that way.

I always just sell from the get-go on new accounts. Having no feedback hasn't ever been an issue for me.
Old 08-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Why are you wasting time with buyers feedback? YOUR buyer will still see a ZERO next to your name as a seller.

Want to make money? Focus on selling and stop wasting your time.
Old 08-22-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Robertdoe, I recommend you read the stealth guide.
This part and many more are covered in the book and I'm sure you'll find it extremely useful.

Phazors is right and I also recommend you make an exclusive buying account.
Old 08-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Why are you wasting time with buyers feedback? YOUR buyer will still see a ZERO next to your name as a seller.

Want to make money? Focus on selling and stop wasting your time.
Here's my usual buying experience and I'm assuming it's not that far different for other users. Go on Ebay ---> Search for something ---> Choose an item from the list, which I like the most or is what I need ----> Take a glance to the right to see, if the seller is new or has bad rating --- > Purchase, if everything looks fine.

My personal 2nd to last step is the reason why I think the O has got to go. I am not purchasing random cheap items to build up my seller profile, but for the o to go. If they open my profile and look for seller's feedback, there will be none until I start selling and getting some feedback, but they'll see a 1 or 2 on the right side when they open the item. I've had several accounts where I get no sales for a while, but as soon as the o is gone from a buyer or seller feedback, things pick up a lot more rapidly.

If I pay on Ebay with the funds from the attached to my PP account virtual card or plastic debit card, can Ebay and Paypal see the name on the card? I've been reading contradictory opinions on that and I've already read the Stealth Book too.

From what I've observed, a lot of people are getting their accounts burned from using over-abused VCC and VBA providers. If PP can't see my info, why wouldn't it be better to open accounts in legit banks on my name and use the visa cards they issue to confirm my stealth name accounts? Could anyone shine light?
Old 08-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Buyer feedback is not the same as seller feedback. You can have a score of 200 as a buyer but seller feedback is still 0. Feedback is irrelavant to most people anyways but if it makes you feel more confident, then go for it.

I personally use real credit cards and debit cards 80% of the time. I also use my real name often. Those accounts almost never have an issue. Really, they never do even when using a junk phone number.
Old 08-22-2017

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertdoe View Post
Just saw this reply by Play:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-pa...tml#post865629

As far as I knew, Paypal could only see the name on your bank account or card, only if you TOP UP your Paypal BALANCE. Can they know see the name on your plastic debit card and your bank account, if you make a purchase on Ebay or make a paypal transfer and using your card to pay for that? Since when is that the case and how would you pay for the first couple of items on a new account without having sold anything, so there's no zero next to your name? I've paid on Ebay with a few stealth accounts to get some feedback upon opening the account. All the info was stealth and the cards were legit plastic cards on my name and haven't had any issues.

Even if they see your name, they have hundredths of millions of accounts. Same name over and over again means nothing to them. Try to not use same name + same dob for example,etc
Old 08-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertdoe View Post

If I pay on Ebay with the funds from the attached to my PP account virtual card or plastic debit card, can Ebay and Paypal see the name on the card? I've been reading contradictory opinions on that and I've already read the Stealth Book too.

From what I've observed, a lot of people are getting their accounts burned from using over-abused VCC and VBA providers. If PP can't see my info, why wouldn't it be better to open accounts in legit banks on my name and use the visa cards they issue to confirm my stealth name accounts? Could anyone shine light?
You're slightly off on a few of the fundamentals.

- You don't want to use your real, Paypal-attached bank account to pay for purchases on a stealth account. It's fine to use your bank account for Paypal withdrawals, but the consensus around here is that Paypal can see your real name if you attempt to have Paypal draw money from your bank account for a purchase.

- If you're just using it to make eBay purchases, you DO NOT attach the prepaid gift card to Paypal. You would choose to pay without a Paypal account at eBay checkout, and put your card details there. That way the card is debited without it being associated with your Paypal account.

- The reason prepaid gift card are favored for stealth account creation is because they make it extremely easy to "confirm" your Paypal address. They serve no other purpose in regards to stealth accounts unless you choose to make purchases or pay your eBay fees with one.

To summarize, you don't add the Vanilla card to Paypal. You use it to pay for your eBay order without involving your Paypal account.