PayPal business info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-22-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default PayPal business info

I understand that with a business account customers see your business name instead of your full name but do they see your business address?

When I upgraded it asked me for address I just put my home address because my business does not have a physical presence. Will they see my address?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: PayPal business info

Paypal will see it, yes. And if it's the same address you've used on an old account then your two accounts will be linked by tax time. It's generally best to use a new address, or an entirely made up one, for that part of the application.
Old 08-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Paypal will see it, yes. And if it's the same address you've used on an old account then your two accounts will be linked by tax time. It's generally best to use a new address, or an entirely made up one, for that part of the application.
Alright let me note this is for my legit PayPal for a ecommerce site.
So they do see the business address if I signed up with one? Cause I googled it and most the answers said no on paypal community but one did say they do see it so that's why I asked here.

So if I change business address will that throw up any flags and u say I can just make it up? Any way to just hide the address?

Last edited by shootemup321; 08-22-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

There's no way to hide your address from Paypal. Your account could potentially be sent to a collections agency at some point so you're required to give them an address. If someone on the PP forum is saying PP doesn't store your address I'm afraid they're sadly mistaken. They store as much info about account holders as they can.

You can change the address on your account but the address you registered with will forever be known to Paypal. It's not deleted from their database if you remove it from your account details. I've changed addresses on business accounts in the past without any problems but I can't say for certain if it would cause any problems in your situation. Make sure you have access to the phone number on the account if you do try.

Again the address can't be hidden but it is fine to use a made up address. I've bought high limit accounts here before and then converted them to business without changing the stealth address the account was originally created with. So I can verify a phake address won't cause issues. 1099's are delivered digitally so there's really no reason for them to have your accurate address.
Old 08-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
There's no way to hide your address from Paypal. Your account could potentially be sent to a collections agency at some point so you're required to give them an address. If someone on the PP forum is saying PP doesn't store your address I'm afraid they're sadly mistaken. They store as much info about account holders as they can.

You can change the address on your account but the address you registered with will forever be known to Paypal. It's not deleted from their database if you remove it from your account details. I've changed addresses on business accounts in the past without any problems but I can't say for certain if it would cause any problems in your situation. Make sure you have access to the phone number on the account if you do try.

Again the address can't be hidden but it is fine to use a made up address. I've bought high limit accounts here before and then converted them to business without changing the stealth address the account was originally created with. So I can verify a phake address won't cause issues. 1099's are delivered digitally so there's really no reason for them to have your accurate address.
Thanks for the reply, Alright It really don't matter if PayPal sees the address cause I used the address that I signed up with anyways I'm not worried about that part but I'm just wondering if customers paying actually see the street address I'm seeing various answers online.

I did a test buy on my site and check out as guest with a debit card and in the email it did not show address just showed my business name so I'm not sure if maybe I can't see the address cause I didn't pay with a actual PayPal account to see more info or maybe it doesn't show my address..
Old 08-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootemup321 View Post
Thanks for the reply, Alright It really don't matter if PayPal sees the address cause I used the address that I signed up with anyways I'm not worried about that part but I'm just wondering if customers paying actually see the street address I'm seeing various answers online.

Oh alright I guess I misunderstood your question. My bad.

No, customers don't see your address unless they start a return request or do an information request on you (which is possibe on eBay but I'm not sure about on Paypal).

Going back to your original question it's perfectly fine to use your un-banned home address as your business address. That's what I do.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 08-22-2017 at 12:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
shootemup321 (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Alright no problem thanks I figured u misunderstood it lol alright that's good. Legit PayPal isn't banned just eBay so I should be good.

Last edited by shootemup321; 08-22-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Alright no problem thanks I figured u misunderstood it lol alright that's good. Legit PayPal isn't banned just eBay so I should be good.
Don't forget to make backups in case.
Old 08-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Don't forget to make backups in case.
Ya I have stealth accounts for backups just want to keep my legit one up for my ecommerce hopefully.
Old 08-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Alright so I got a question just to be prepared say my legit account goes down if I add a stealth to my site will that link to the old one? I use woo commerce with PayPal so not sure if it's possible to link.
Old 08-22-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Hmmm.... it's a smart move to use the legit paypal for your website.
The great thing about the legit paypal is you can use your documents, etc and get it even stronger.

You can even call in once in a while for questions and so basically unless you do something extreme, I don't see it go down for good if ever.

I hope you don't use your original paypal for eBay... this is what I'd personally not do...
Old 08-23-2017
Threadstarter  

Yup when my eBay went down it gave me the idea to create a website and learn all about stealth I don't think I would of ever created one if it didn't. I'm thankful my PayPal didn't go down and I was able to use it. I only use stealth for eBay unless some miracle I get my account reinstated but I'm not counting on it, I'm doing good with stealth.
Old 08-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Alright so I got a question just to be prepared say my legit account goes down if I add a stealth to my site will that link to the old one? I use woo commerce with PayPal so not sure if it's possible to link.
You would have to do some nifty DNS tricks (not sure if it's even possible) in order for them to not link you by the common domain name. Kinda hard to do stealth Paypal on a website due to your website sending PP the referrer URL every time a customer checks out.
Old 08-23-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You would have to do some nifty DNS tricks (not sure if it's even possible) in order for them to not link you by the common domain name. Kinda hard to do stealth Paypal on a website due to your website sending PP the referrer URL every time a customer checks out.
Damn ya that would suck I didn't think they saw the URL when someone checks out. I know when I made it a business account I was able to put the URL in the setting on PayPal so when they pay it returns customer back to my store automatically. I thought that was the only way they could see URL. I think their are other options for me such as stripe or something else not to familiar with the other ones. It's so much better cause I don't have to pay eBay fees.
Old 08-23-2017

Accounts currently live 1-3 days when you use them on a burned website.. just FYI.
Old 08-23-2017
Threadstarter  

Ya I'm thinking I will use different payment processer or make new domain and tell my clients