Reserve + Review Immediately Upon Account Creation - Is This Standard Procedure? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-25-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Reserve + Review Immediately Upon Account Creation - Is This Standard Procedure?

I received the following email immediately upon creating a new stealth account.

The account was created with a debit card which they test charged 1 cent. I can sign in but have not listed anything yet.

What is the nature of this review and is this standard procedure for UK based sellers creating an Amz.com account?

What is also strange is that I received an email telling me:
The credit card information associated with your seller account on Amazn.com has been updated. Future account charges will be made to this credit card.
If you did not request this change, please contact Seller Support

Am I still good to go?

Hello,
A change has been made to your disbursement schedule because we determined that you have an increased risk of claims, chargebacks, and refund requests from buyers. A reserve has been applied to your account to ensure you have enough funds to fulfill any refund requests from buyers.

During this time, the money you receive from a sale will be reserved for 14 days from the date the sale was made. After 14 days, the money from that order will be transferred to you on your next disbursement date, as long as you have a positive account balance.

For example, if you sell an item on January 1, the money from the sale will be reserved until January 15. The funds will then be available on your next disbursement date. Any fees or refunds charged to your account during the disbursement period may reduce the net amount paid to you.

The reserve may be applied for up to 90 days but may be removed earlier if we see an improvement. There is no information you need to provide during this review period. We will notify you when our account review is complete.

You can see your account balance, disbursement schedule, and reserve amount on the Payments page in the Reports section of Seller Central

To view helpful tips for selling on Amazon, search for “Seller best practices” in Seller Central Help.

Seller Performance Team
Amazn.com

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-25-2017

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 38%
Default Re: Reserve + Review Immediately Upon Account Creation - Is This Standard Procedure?

same in USA ,they are getting tighter.
The Following User Says Thank You to cobaogio7 For This Useful Post:
metatrade (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Send a message via Skype™ to garry9061
Default Re: Reserve + Review Immediately Upon Account Creation - Is This Standard Procedure?

This is just a new update they have implemented, i was reading something on amazon forums earlier about this
The Following User Says Thank You to garry9061 For This Useful Post:
metatrade (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry9061 View Post
This is just a new update they have implemented, i was reading something on amazon forums earlier about this
Thanks Garry, It's good to know that its not the result of them seeing something that they didnt like during creation.

The second email they sent after creation seems odd as you would expect it to be sent when updating/changing card info on an existing account rather than when creating a new one.

Is this also normal now?

"Hello from Amazn,

Per your request, the bank account information associated with your seller account has been changed. Your future transfers will be submitted to this new bank account. This change will not affect any transfer of funds initiated prior to this change.

Note: There is a mandatory 3-day security hold before any changes to bank account information take effect. Transfers of funds cannot be initiated until after that period, which starts on the date you submit your new bank account information in your seller account.

You can update your bank account information at any time in the Settings section of your seller account. For additional information, please visit our online Help pages.

If you did not request this change, please contact Seller Support."

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 08-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

I would say this is pretty standard these days. Latest accounts I created all got the 14 day hold very much sooner, than the accounts created a while ago... some even the same day they were created.

I am not from the UK so I hope you don't mind me asking: is a debit card a credit card?
The Following User Says Thank You to dachilla For This Useful Post:
metatrade (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017

Longevity: 65%

Standard process these days mate
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
metatrade (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
I am not from the UK so I hope you don't mind me asking: is a debit card a credit card?
Considering you're not from the UK, I should not be sharing that info with you. But if you must know - It's a debit card

What difference does it make where you're from?? We're all in the same boat here

Is there actually any difference between creating with debit vs credit?

Are they likely to give you less hassle with reserves and reviews if you use a c card rather than d card?

Old 08-26-2017

Longevity: 65%

There is no difference between credit/debit
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
metatrade (08-27-2017)
Old 08-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by metatrade View Post
Considering you're not from the UK, I should not be sharing that info with you. But if you must know - It's a debit card

What difference does it make where you're from?? We're all in the same boat here

Is there actually any difference between creating with debit vs credit?

Are they likely to give you less hassle with reserves and reviews if you use a c card rather than d card?
I my country Debit card and Credit card are NOT the same, that's why I was asking. Our Debit cards dont have 16digit numbers on them while our credit cards do