Salehoo? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 02-17-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Salehoo?

Is salehoo.com actually worth singing up for. Its 70 bucks to just join. Anyone have experience with this company?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

Nah, it's just a waste of time, there's nothing on salehoo in any category you specialize in that you can't find on your own using search engines like "google" and "yahoo". If you sign up it'll just be a waste of money that you could've saved.
Old 02-17-2011

Longevity: 81%

yep, stay away nothing useful on their. Best thing i found out of it was dhgate.com, that was 3 years ago!
Old 02-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Been a member there for about 4 years. Great staff that answers almost all question night or day. They personally cater to new members and search out their best suppliers for them, normally within 24 hours.

Have a former eBay employee there, who occasionally comes on and gives some feedback. Nothing worth noting though, pretty much same ole eBay BS.

There was a DVD supplier that I made a couple of bucks off of selling old movies for and another drop shipper that I was using before I got there.

I managed to make a couple hundred bucks from them doing some freelancing so I am in the black with them.

They had a former forum moderator that took thousands of dollars from several people on the forum. One of them was a buyers group out of Australia for which he managed to get them for about 20,000 bucks. That definitely hurt. He was reselling Macy's overstocks which was going pretty well. I even purchased a sample lot from him which I "broke even" on. He split to South America with the DA looking for him and his eBay account frozen.

The new MOD tried his best to get the DA to go after him but they had bigger fish to fry. He did manage to get all of his and his families eBay accounts frozen, but it was to little to late. Salehoo staff were as stunned as everyone else. The guy had been around for a long time and most everyone thought highly of him.

With all of that said, it's 67 bucks for an active forum and mostly used and abused suppliers and the earlier comments are right. You can find the suppliers on the internet.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to planes For This Useful Post:
Burning (02-24-2011), MikeChi85 (02-23-2018), Sandy D (02-24-2011), Univerzal (12-10-2017)
Old 02-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Pretty interesting and sick story planes. Way to provide some insight.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
planes (02-25-2011)
Old 02-24-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

They are a complete scam.

They get info from google and every other source that you can get.

The problem is most of the sellers listed on their site "do not sell" to ebay sellers but they do not tell you this.

I fell for this a few years ago and found 90% of the info is available on google or through other wholesale sources.

Do not waste your money.

The owner of salehoo is a huge power seller on ebay and competing right back against you after selling you a load of crap for 70.00.

Google, Thomas Register etc have better sources that are not all used up. :D
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
AMLG (02-28-2013)
Old 02-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The problem with these wholesale source lists is that you are following a well-worn path. Many people before you and after you seek them out, all of them looking for the same thing... a secret source of popular products for cheap that they can quickly re-sell on eBay for huge profits.

Only problem is, there are no secret sources.

eBay, for whatever its faults, is the most competitive marketplace on Earth. Everyone would love to find a digital camera they could buy for $50 and sell for $100. So, hundreds of people try this every day. Especially with the economy the way it is now. But they cannot get the profit margins they want, so they quickly lose interest and move on to something else.

If you want to succeed on eBay, you need to find a niche. Don't look where everyone else is looking. Forget electronics, iphones and the latest gizmos and toys. Find a product that has a market, but not a large market. There will be far fewer sellers to compete with.

Contrary to popular opinion, you DO NOT have to be the lowest priced seller to make a sale - although you DO have to be competitive. Nobody is going to buy a clock radio from you for $40 if ten other sellers have it priced at $20. Find a product that is unique. Then write a good description and put some photos in your listing. Play up the strengths of your items, but be honest.

You don't even necessarily need a wholesale source. You can buy from smaller stores and re-sell on eBay for a profit if the item is unique enough.

The alternative is to buy something like HDMI cables in bulk and sell huge volumes of them, making a small (VERY SMALL) profit on each one. On a $6 cable, you will probably make less than a dollar. And you will have a ton of competition trying to beat your price by a nickel. Nothing that I personally would want to do, but it works for some people.

But buying lists or joining sites in search of easy to source products that can easily be re-sold on eBay for a 300% profit just isn't going to happen. At least not outside of FantasyLand.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
AMLG (02-28-2013), MERMAID (02-24-2011), shadowmyst87 (09-16-2012)
Old 02-24-2011

Longevity: 80%

jeffweico thanks for this important info, But you think there Are few unique products that few seller are selling? examples of pure honey, this was typical, about iphone, mobile phone, etc. all wants to sell these products, much competition, many sellers, small profit.
Yerterday. About wholesale source lists yesterday i join esources I hope to learn something from this wholesaler list etc
Old 02-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

As for jeffweico, good luck getting inside Fantasyland - in my delirious state, I am the gatekeeper and you are not allowed!
Old 02-25-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

I know when I was just starting out, I was drawn to sites like Salehoo because I was naive in thinking like a lot of other newbies that one had to pay for select info. I realized soon after that that was a poor decision but I stayed on because especially at the time, there was quite a community of like minded people sharing a lot of info.

Personally, I had just come off quite a run on certain computer parts which got me to Silver Powerseller in short order. But the market dried up and I was desperate for info on new suppliers. I kind of lucked into back A$$wards this market, so even though I appeared big on eBay I was still a newbie. I ended up selling for a local collectibles shop on a commission basis.

Salehoo is a scam in the sense that they are not able to deliver what they promise on their home page. I see a half dozen requests by new people for Ipod suppliers a week and I just shake my head. One is not only dealing with the authorized sellers but shoplifters and the people who get them as freebies on the freebie sites.
Old 02-27-2011

im just barly starting out with ebay. but so far I am doing really good.
before i actually started selling i put a good 4-6 months in researching sites and products comparing them to ebay. What i found is.........................................
........usually the answer is right in front of you.......your just looking for the elusive "rock bottom price" that doesnt exist. well i shouldnt say that. it DOES exist you just need to drop thousands of $ to get it. which you prolly dont have. right? so you need to start somewhere. if you can make 10$ profit off an item and have steady sales. YOU ARE IN BUSINESS. you just need to open enough accounts to make the big money. REMEMBER you have to start somewhere its not just going to pop up one day. hope this helps. PM if you need some help.
i will prolly give you obvious advice. but it is valuable advice.

P.S.-you get out of this what you put in.
Old 02-27-2011

Everytime I checkout some secret wholesale place I find a product and price that looks good, I go to ebay and somebody is selling it for less than I can buy it.

I keep going back to antiques and collectibles as my nich for making money. It takes time and patience but you can still score $50-200 profits on items that you buy at thrift stores, rummage sales, and auctions. Just don't worry about finding super old items as there are plenty of things from the 1950-1980 that will also make very good money.

Last edited by ezmoney; 02-27-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-13-2017

Longevity: 38%
Default Re: Salehoo?

Although i personally have not experience to join salehoo but yes some of my friend list member had a very good experience to work with salehoo and he didn't complain any thing about it's services although i have already read an article about salehoo review @ withintheflow and they also didn't mention any thing wrong about their products. So i thing salehoo is reliable.
Old 09-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Default Re: Salehoo?

Welcome to the forums - much props on the thread search...wow 2011 revival

Very nice that you are able to contribute a bit of your friend's experience with salehoo