Etsy Direct Checkout, last 4 of my SSN... can I be linked? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 08-09-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Etsy Direct Checkout, last 4 of my SSN... can I be linked?

My business partner and I started a new Etsy shop. Im aware that it is advised not to use "friends and family's" information, but my partner is fully involved in the creation and shipping of our products.
The account is in his name, with his bank account linked to the direct checkout with the last 4 of his social.
My question is, if all other information stays the same, can I CHANGE the bank account on file to a NEW bank account in MY name, with the last 4 of MY social? Or will this information raise a red flag, linking it to my banned account?

I have searched through the forums and have only vaguely gotten a few answers saying that Etsy does not link accounts based on the NAME on the bank account, but I have seen no mention in regards to the last 4 digits of the SSN that is also required to be entered when changing bank accounts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-11-2016

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Etsy Direct Checkout, last 4 of my SSN... can I be linked?

I' have no experience as a US seller so don't quote me on anything, but I believe SSN number is important for you guys. If Et.sy has banned you and had your SSN number previously then they will keep it on file and red flag you as soon as you enter it. I would not risk it.

Have a look around the forums and maybe ask around, there may be someone from the US who has info on how to deal with the SSN problem.
Old 08-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%

you will link.
Old 09-15-2017

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewhite910 View Post
My business partner and I started a new Etsy shop. Im aware that it is advised not to use "friends and family's" information, but my partner is fully involved in the creation and shipping of our products.
The account is in his name, with his bank account linked to the direct checkout with the last 4 of his social.
My question is, if all other information stays the same, can I CHANGE the bank account on file to a NEW bank account in MY name, with the last 4 of MY social? Or will this information raise a red flag, linking it to my banned account?

I have searched through the forums and have only vaguely gotten a few answers saying that Etsy does not link accounts based on the NAME on the bank account, but I have seen no mention in regards to the last 4 digits of the SSN that is also required to be entered when changing bank accounts.
I have the samw question. Will Etsy close the shop based on the name? I used my husbands SSN and ran my first shop (suspended) but the money was sent to my bank account with my name. So technically, If I open a shop using my SSN this time, will they link my name to the other banned account's bank name?
Old 09-15-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hik View Post
I have the samw question. Will Etsy close the shop based on the name? I used my husbands SSN and ran my first shop (suspended) but the money was sent to my bank account with my name. So technically, If I open a shop using my SSN this time, will they link my name to the other banned account's bank name?
You can't reuse bank accounts.

You can name the bank account whatever you want, including a business name. It will take the deposits.
Old 09-15-2017

Hi Gladiator,
Yes I understand that part where you can't reuse the bank account. I am going to open another bank account, but it will carry my legal name, which was the name my previous banned account used for direct deposit.
Will the bot notice that if I open a new shop under my name with my ssn, it's the person who received the money deposit from the banned account based on the name?
Old 09-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hik View Post
Hi Gladiator,
I am going to open another bank account, but it will carry my legal name, which was the name my previous banned account used for direct deposit.
Going to give the answer really slow..here we go.
Etsy..................can't.....................se e...................the....................name... ................associated........................ with..........................the..............ban k.........................account................. ...........you....................use.

Quote:
Will the bot notice that if I open a new shop under my name with my ssn
Do..................not..................use...... ...............any................information..... ...................already........................ .used.....................including............... ......SSN!
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2017
MU

That isn't what they asked. Under the TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF part where they request your Bank Account it asks for "NAME ON BANK ACCOUNT". They can enter something completely made up and it doesn't matter. They used their HUSBANDS info last time, so they want to make an account under their SSN but are concerned the fact the name from the BANK area on the burned account would flag.

Just use a made up name or business name in the BANK NAME area and it won't link.
Old 09-16-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

hello, does anyone know if etsy always asks for a persons id? I want to open a new account, going to open it as a business and use my fathers information, (i already have a store with my information) the only thing that i think would link us is our address. any advice?

when i had to go through the direct payment interview- they a part where they verified my identity. my father and i have bought a piece of property together ( i guess we are linked in a credit bureu) and questions were the standard "when did you buy a car" etc. but one of the questions was like who of these people do you know, and his name appeared-- is that cause for concern for linking us or is that just a third party credit application that generates that info.
Old 09-16-2017
MU

The third party questions will not link you.