Etsy account suspended and opening new - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 09-15-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Etsy account suspended and opening new

I used my husbands SSN when I registered last year and ran my first shop successfully and accidentally sold something not handmade and is now permanently banned.
My question is the entire account was set up with my husband's info (not even my name as a seller), but one thing that carried my name was that the money was deposited to MY Bank Account with MY name on it. So my question is if I register Etsy with MY SSN (which haven't been used before) and put New bank account, would my shop be flagged for carrying the same name as banned account's bank account name? It will have new laptop, new address (just moved to a new placed), new ip, and pretty much everything new (yes even the products I sell. I handmade everything.) Does anyone know if they can link my name to the other banned account's bank account name?
Greatly appreciate your help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%
Default Re: Etsy account suspended and opening new

Name the bank account something different on etsy. it doesn't matter.
Old 09-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hik View Post
I used my husbands SSN when I registered last year and ran my first shop successfully and accidentally sold something not handmade and is now permanently banned.
My question is the entire account was set up with my husband's info (not even my name as a seller), but one thing that carried my name was that the money was deposited to MY Bank Account with MY name on it. So my question is if I register Etsy with MY SSN (which haven't been used before) and put New bank account, would my shop be flagged for carrying the same name as banned account's bank account name? It will have new laptop, new address (just moved to a new placed), new ip, and pretty much everything new (yes even the products I sell. I handmade everything.) Does anyone know if they can link my name to the other banned account's bank account name?
Greatly appreciate your help.
What do you mean by "name the bank account something different?"
Do you mean not using the same account I used for the first? I will do that of course. But will they link by my name?
Old 09-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Name the bank account something different on etsy. it doesn't matter.

Hi Gladiator,
Could you help me on this?
I am not sure if I could use my name. My name wasn't banned on Etsy, but my husband's banned account carried my name for bank deposit.
Would it matter
Old 09-16-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by hik View Post
What do you mean by "name the bank account something different?"
Do you mean not using the same account I used for the first? I will do that of course. But will they link by my name?
In the account holder name....put whatever you want.

You cannot use the same accounts, but you can have an account under your real name at the bank that is just named different on etsy.
Old 01-16-2018

Longevity: 36%
Unhappy Re: Etsy account suspended and opening new

Hello everybody,
I am a newbie of Etsy platform. My friend and me corporate to open a small business of handmade leather wallet on Etsy. My friend is Singaporean, and I am Vietnamese.
First time, we open shop and set up location in Vietnam, after that my friend would like to change the location of shop in Singapore, and he already changed our shop's location.
Yesterday, we would like to change the location of shop in Vietnam again because we already found the better shipping cost in Vietnam. Yesterday, I edited our 5 items in listing with the new shipping cost, suddenly my shop was closed by Etsy.
Actually, I don't know the reason why they close my account. I already sent email to Etsy to ask them to support us, but they haven't sent any feedback. Anyone can help us to reopen our shop again. Our shop is just a new small shop, and it is also important to us. Thank you so much!
Old 01-16-2018
MU

You aren't getting the shop back. You changed the location multiple times in a short period of time and a bot flagged and closed you down.