New suspension rules? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-29-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default New suspension rules?

I logged into my five day old account today, and learned I've been suspended for abusing ebay. Everything was fine, and I bought items in the 2-10 dollar range until I had enough feedback for BIN, then listed about 7 items yesterday. I just received the abusing eBay suspension today. I've successfully made new accounts before using the info on the forum, but the last three or four accounts have been getting suspended once I start selling. Anyone know why?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2007

Longevity: 96%

what kind of items were you listing?
Old 08-29-2007
Threadstarter  

I dropship custom printed items, nothing big, no knockoff brand names or anything. Last night I listed some tshirts and lighters.
Old 08-29-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I have a feeling there will be more and more suspended users pretty soon.
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueseller View Post
I dropship custom printed items, nothing big, no knockoff brand names or anything. Last night I listed some tshirts and lighters.
chris hanson put up a list of items that ebay redflags. zippo and dunhill lighters is on that list. that might have done it.
Old 08-29-2007

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike1 View Post
chris hanson put up a list of items that ebay redflags. zippo and dunhill lighters is on that list. that might have done it.
I agree....
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Look, "buying" feedback has NEVER been anything we have recommended here. If you continue to do that, you will continue to be suspended.

It just looks suspicious. No buyer is buying it, and neither is EBAY.

if you want to sell, sell. If you want to buy, buy. DON'T buy a bunch a cheap crap just to earn feedback.

The one thing that does appear to be true is that lately waiting at least 30 days before you start selling ANYthing is the safest route.
the questions is though, "did OP follow the known rules to get a new account i.e. ip address change, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, simon visa, etc..?" if not then they are going to get banned over and over.
Old 08-29-2007

I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I "buy feedback" is so my items don't sell for fricken $1.25, I want the buy it now option. Once I have enough for that, I just sell (unless there's something I truly want).
Old 08-29-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

So Modee are you back selling now?
Old 08-29-2007

The name of the game is to be cool! If you move too fast and act like you know your way around ebay if it is a new account you will be suspended. Buy but do not sell anything for 30days. Give yourself that personal suspension from selling on ebay for 30 days. Stay away from designer stuff. If you cannot do this then you will be frustrated. Also when you visit this forum please clear your cookies before login on to ebay for goodness sake! I know some people forget. Use firefox. However I think that you do get redflag if you use firefox when you're on ebay. It can lower your account score.
Old 08-29-2007

Do you have to wait thirty days before buying? I can handle the selling part, but it would seem to me to buy or at least bid on some items in that 30 days.
Wouldn't starting an account and then waiting 30 days to use it raise some sort of red flag? It would seem perfectly normal to me for someone to look for something on ebay, see it and want to buy it, register and bid or buy it. Maybe wait a while to buy again and after a month try to sell some stuff from around the house.

Also, is it true that a cookie from here can be spotted by ebay? I have to admit there is a lot that I don't know, but that seems like a stretch, but I could be completely wrong.
Old 08-29-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I "buy feedback" is so my items don't sell for fricken $1.25, I want the buy it now option. Once I have enough for that, I just sell (unless there's something I truly want).
Ditto! That's the only reason I ever "buy" feedback, I don't want to have to wait weeks until I turn a profit. I buy the minimum it takes to get BIN.

I think it really is the thirty day rule that got me, I wasn't aware of it before.

I'm buying my roomie's account that he's had since 2003, that oughta work.

And the lighter thing. Ebay only red flags the item if you use the word "Zippo" or "Dunhill" and those aren't what I sell. They look like Zippo, but I never use or even think the word while I write my ad or title. I've never had problems with them in the past.

I think it was the thirty day rule,
Old 08-29-2007
Banned

You can sell before the 30 days. i examined plenty of sellers on EBay who somehow buys 8 cheap penny feedbacks and now is selling 15 $100-$200 items with a 15 day period.. Weird ain't it..
Old 08-30-2007
Executive [VIP]

I bought and sold penny auctions to get to 10. No problem here. For the record I had to go way over 10 transactions because idiots simply would not reciprocate feedback.
Old 08-30-2007

The red flag would be buying the same thing over and over for cheap being new.
Buy something different for your 10 items.

I want to share with you guys something.

I spoke to an seller on ebay when I was on vacation, hanging out at the pool for several days his kids and my kids played together and we were talking, he said ebay suspened him for selling handbags, told him they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
He told me he sold thousands per month and had them dropshipped and when they nailed him it took a ton of his money right out of his pocket.
He got scared and called a number he found and someone really answered...
He was told by the employee I have 2000 John Smiths in the system, which one are you? He hung up and realized he could start all over again with the info the employee gave him.
His last email he sent me he told me he is selling again and they have done nothing to him for selling the exact same things.
He thinks he was making to much money and his 5k feedback red flagged him along with some of his competitors bidding on his items and leaving neggys.
that is why one of the above tells us to have a backup, now I understand.
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Look, "buying" feedback has NEVER been anything we have recommended here. If you continue to do that, you will continue to be suspended.

It just looks suspicious. No buyer is buying it, and neither is EBAY.

if you want to sell, sell. If you want to buy, buy. DON'T buy a bunch a cheap crap just to earn feedback.

The one thing that does appear to be true is that lately waiting at least 30 days before you start selling ANYthing is the safest route.
Some people like to buy cheap crap LOL I do.
Old 08-30-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
The red flag would be buying the same thing over and over for cheap being new.
Buy something different for your 10 items.

I want to share with you guys something.

I spoke to an seller on ebay when I was on vacation, hanging out at the pool for several days his kids and my kids played together and we were talking, he said ebay suspened him for selling handbags, told him they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
He told me he sold thousands per month and had them dropshipped and when they nailed him it took a ton of his money right out of his pocket.
He got scared and called a number he found and someone really answered...
He was told by the employee I have 2000 John Smiths in the system, which one are you? He hung up and realized he could start all over again with the info the employee gave him.
His last email he sent me he told me he is selling again and they have done nothing to him for selling the exact same things.
He thinks he was making to much money and his 5k feedback red flagged him along with some of his competitors bidding on his items and leaving neggys.
that is why one of the above tells us to have a backup, now I understand.
So is the lesson to rename yourself "John Smith" when creating a new account?
Old 08-30-2007

I have been selling clothes on ebay and trust me I have made alot of money in the past for each item 50.00 - 100 each anyway I have found out that people are selling knock of Brands which I cannot believe , my stuff is all the REAL thing...
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandlayne View Post
I have been selling clothes on ebay and trust me I have made alot of money in the past for each item 50.00 - 100 each anyway I have found out that people are selling knock of Brands which I cannot believe , my stuff is all the REAL thing...
I think that EB will kick you off just for selling stuff that "could" be knockoffs. I was hoarding a bunch of designer clothes to put up and now am sitting on a crap of inventory...luckily for me I started buying only stuff that I could use, not so much if I got kicked off, but in case it didn't sell
Old 08-30-2007
Banned

Thats why i only drop, so I don't get stuck with inventory
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Thats why i only drop, so I don't get stuck with inventory
I'm strictly small time, but would like to escalate things (given what I have gone through lately I might be nuts)
Chris, without divulging any of your trade secrets, how did you go about locating drop shippers that could supply you product at a price that made it worth your while?
Old 08-30-2007
Banned

Pm coming your way