Mobile HotSpot - Confirmed proxy server - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-20-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Mobile HotSpot - Confirmed proxy server

Hello! Just want to ask if someone can help to understand this. I am using Tracfone mobile hotspot for my stealth account. I have read in Stealth Book that it is ok to use it with stealth. Well, I have been using it without problem for 3 month now. Yesterday i tried to log in to my PayPal account using Hotspot and got message: HTTP 403 error, Microsoft edge can't get to this page. Tried Mozilla, Google chrome- same thing. All of them gave me 403 error, when logging in to PayPal. I did my research and could not solve this problem. After about 10 tries switching browsers and turning HotSpot on and off finally it let me log in. Ok, I was glad, but i was concerned about why it was happening. Thinking that PayPal may detect that it is HotSpot and maybe they somehow restrict that by IP. I tried to look up one of the IP numbers that my HotSpot showed at the moment. When i looked it up it said: AT&T wireless, Services:Confirmed proxy server. That got me really confused, because i know that i can't use proxy with stealth. So now I have a question. Maybe i just do not understand how Hot Spot work, and it is ok but why does it show that it is Proxy server. And will it be a threat to my PayPal account? And can i even use Hot Spot anymore? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Mobile HotSpot - Confirmed proxy server

I am unsure why you couldnt log in. To me that sounds like a paypal glitch. I prefer firefox for the browser. Edge should be ok. I hate using chrome.

As for the IP. I use a 3g mifi device which operates like a mobile hotspot. I like tmobile and verizon. I do not like using att. Not sure whats different about it, but seems like something is diff to me.

However with you using this set up for 3 months, I also think you should continue using that setup.
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your reply. I use Tracfone Mobile Hotspot, but Ip address shows as ATT provider. Ok, so you recommend Verizon or Tmobile? And what is the difference between Mobile HotSpot and 3G MiFi? I found Mobile Hotspot jetpack on Verizon site, is it the same as MifI? Thank you for your help.
Old 09-21-2017

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by galver View Post
Thank you for your reply. I use Tracfone Mobile Hotspot, but Ip address shows as ATT provider. Ok, so you recommend Verizon or Tmobile? And what is the difference between Mobile HotSpot and 3G MiFi? I found Mobile Hotspot jetpack on Verizon site, is it the same as MifI? Thank you for your help.
No, he's saying you will be fine using the Tracfone's data connection. It is what it is. A cellular data connection. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hypothetically if it was on a proxy like some corporate internet connections are your still OK. The IP comes from a Data center belonging to a cellular provider.

I'd bet all the money I have your not the only person in the world using a Tracfone Data connection to access PP or EB.

Tracfone doesn't have their own towers... They rent space from a major carrier, most likely AT&T In your area if that's what your IP says.

Now, to be most cost effective is another thing. Tracfone is expensive. You would probably save money by going to Verizon or T-mobile with monthly service.

Last edited by nate; 09-21-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

OK, thank you very much