paypal sorry we couldn't confirm it’s you - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-21-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default paypal sorry we couldn't confirm it’s you

Hi,
i used stealth account (ebay+paypal) and now can't buy anything with paypal. when i tryieng to send text to my phone i receiving this message:"sorry we couldn't confirm it’s you". Phone number is Google voice.What to do? I'm not in USA and can't buy real phone(or can i?)
Should i call to paypal if i have almost all the information for stealth account?
Seller of account ignoring me(
Thank you for any help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: paypal sorry we couldn't confirm it’s you

Which seller is ignoring you?
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Which seller is ignoring you?
this one:

fox20c
Old 09-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Fox is reputable. I really don't think he's intentionally ignoring you. All of the account sellers get TONS of messages on here so I think it's more likely he just hasn't had a chance to respond.

You don't have the phone the GV number is linked to? That would be helpful because you could have PP call you. Or you could use spoofcard and call in with your account's phone number. But you risk them asking to call you back.

Honestly, I'd wait on Fox to respond. I've run into issues before on purchased accounts and it usually takes at least 24 hours to get a reply from any of the sellers. They're busy people but they take care of their customers. Otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to sell here.
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Fox is reputable. I really don't think he's intentionally ignoring you. All of the account sellers get TONS of messages on here so I think it's more likely he just hasn't had a chance to respond.

You don't have the phone the GV number is linked to? That would be helpful because you could have PP call you. Or you could use spoofcard and call in with your account's phone number. But you risk them asking to call you back.

Honestly, I'd wait on Fox to respond. I've run into issues before on purchased accounts and it usually takes at least 24 hours to get a reply from any of the sellers. They're busy people but they take care of their customers. Otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to sell here.
of course i don't have this phone. But i do have 2 phone numbers in file i received from seller...maybe it is this phone number...but..may paypal registered on gv number, not to the other...
so i should call with google voice with number my pp registered, right?
Seller haven't reply to me like 4 days already...and it's kind of urgent now.so....
Old 09-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinchick8 View Post
of course i don't have this phone. But i do have 2 phone numbers in file i received from seller...maybe it is this phone number...but..may paypal registered on gv number, not to the other...
so i should call with google voice with number my pp registered, right?
Seller haven't reply to me like 4 days already...and it's kind of urgent now.so....
Oh wow, that's not good.

Yes if you do call you should call in using the number on your account. If it's a GV number then use the GV #.

It's going to be risky though because they frequently ask to call you back. They're aware of phone number spoofing and they'll request to call you back if they have any reason to think you're spoofing.

If you could have got the GV-linked phone you would have been safer, since it would ring when/if PP calls your GV #.
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Thank you,
So i need like real phone wich linked to gv? or i need just this phone number?
I'm not sure how it would be safer if paypal was registered on gv number not on number linked to google voice...
or maybe i can redirect calls on the other phone number ?
oh, i'm confused(
Old 09-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thank you,
So i need like real phone wich linked to gv? or i need just this phone number?
I'm not sure how it would be safer if paypal was registered on gv number not on number linked to google voice...
or maybe i can redirect calls on the other phone number ?
oh, i'm confused(
It's simple if you think about it. When somebody calls your Google Voice number your Google Voice account doesn't start ringing - the actual phone linked to the Google Voice account starts ringing. So if you call Paypal with your Google Voice number, that's fine. But if Paypal wants to call you back (which they frequently do in cases like this), you would be screwed since you don't have the phone linked to your Google Voice account. You won't be able to answer their callback without having that phone.
Old 09-21-2017

Longevity: 68%

I Honestly had the same issue in my previous post some GV #'s Works on some of my accounts some give the same error message could be a glitch or paypal are flagging gv numbers just my opinion
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It's simple if you think about it. When somebody calls your Google Voice number your Google Voice account doesn't start ringing - the actual phone linked to the Google Voice account starts ringing. So if you call Paypal with your Google Voice number, that's fine. But if Paypal wants to call you back (which they frequently do in cases like this), you would be screwed since you don't have the phone linked to your Google Voice account. You won't be able to answer their callback without having that phone.
I tryed and seems like my gv can start ringing with hangouts...should i give a try and call to paypal with it?
Old 09-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%

Why dont you provide some more info on this account youre trying to use.
Im guessing its a rather new account with very limited transaction history.
Whats the age of the account? how many transactions has it had so far? Whats the balance the approximate on it? how much are you trying to send? are you making a purchase off ebay or off ebay? how are you trying to send this payment (personal or regular)?
More info please.
As for google voice - you can get access to it directly on your browser or you can add a forwarding number to it and have it call a textfree number you can get for free on any mobile device.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
As for google voice - you can get access to it directly on your browser or you can add a forwarding number to it and have it call a textfree number you can get for free on any mobile device.
Awesome info. Thank you. Wasn't aware you could link GV to another virtual number.

@OP - It's up to you. If you're confident in your speaking abilities and your knowledge of your account, and you can make/take incoming/outgoing calls with the proper phone number, then you can call in. BUT, since they're already saying they can't verify your phone number I think there's a high probability of them wanting to ask you database questions to verify your identity if you do call in. It's a crapshoot.
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

my account is stealth and registered something like 3 month.
On my account there are 237$ in balance and 110$ on hold. I had only 101 sells. And wanted to buy some stuff for 20$...then i try to buy anything and only preaproved or automaticly deals gone throuh(like subscribtions).
But for other, always asking for phone verification and in the end appear message : sorry we couldn't confirm it’s you...so i stuck at this point
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Awesome info. Thank you. Wasn't aware you could link GV to another virtual number.

@OP - It's up to you. If you're confident in your speaking abilities and your knowledge of your account, and you can make/take incoming/outgoing calls with the proper phone number, then you can call in. BUT, since they're already saying they can't verify your phone number I think there's a high probability of them wanting to ask you database questions to verify your identity if you do call in. It's a crapshoot.
omg(what should i do then?(
what questions they can ask ?0_0
Old 09-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
omg(what should i do then?(
what questions they can ask ?0_0
When they do database questions, the questions are based off of your credit report. Here are some example in my experience:

You bought a car in 2014, what are/were the monthly payments?
What was the street number of your previous address in XXXXXXX county?

Stuff like that. Naturally when they look up your stealth name they won't be able to fine any information about your credit profile. DB questions don't necessarily mean the death of a stealth though. I've heard about people getting past them by telling the Paypal rep they don't have any credit and have never applied for any. Recent immigration to USA has also worked for some.

It's a nerve wracking process even if you do manage to get past DB questions. It's not guaranteed they'll even want to ask DB questions but it's something you should be prepared for. It's a shame fox isn't answering you. Account sellers are always the best at calling in because they do it all the time for customers..
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
When they do database questions, the questions are based off of your credit report. Here are some example in my experience:

You bought a car in 2014, what are/were the monthly payments?
What was the street number of your previous address in XXXXXXX county?

Stuff like that. Naturally when they look up your stealth name they won't be able to fine any information about your credit profile. DB questions don't necessarily mean the death of a stealth though. I've heard about people getting past them by telling the Paypal rep they don't have any credit and have never applied for any. Recent immigration to USA has also worked for some.

It's a nerve wracking process even if you do manage to get past DB questions. It's not guaranteed they'll even want to ask DB questions but it's something you should be prepared for. It's a shame fox isn't answering you. Account sellers are always the best at calling in because they do it all the time for customers..
Oh, thank you very much anyways..).I'll try to call...will definately write here about my experience after i do that..
Wish me luck0_0
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Guys, don't know what has happened, but i try to purchase through other browser and it's got through....hm....
Anyway, i'm happy for now.
Thank for advices)
Old 04-09-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Guys, don't know what has happened, but i try to purchase through other browser and it's got through....hm....
Anyway, i'm happy for now.
Thank for advices)
What did you purchase this is happening right now I'm having trouble to log in please help