Technologoy is moving faster then Stealth - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-26-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Technologoy is moving faster then Stealth

So did read something about the new fingerprinting amazon is incorporating and did some search on here as well. But are there other new security measures these giant corporation heartless companies gonna incorporate to make stealth more difficult?

I know that I'm not gonna be doing this for my whole life. (i don't even sell and more of a buyer). but how many more years you think before stealth seems to be extinct?

I kind of look it as when I used to do xbox modding, we were able to do lot of hacks here and there and get cheat trainers to beat the game etc.. But now, xbox one won't even let you know hack the system as they pretty much gathered all the hacks people were doing and made a big defense system.

Anyways, I guess I'm trying to be prepare for worse case scenario. I'll use my Art degree and go 100% legit (go to a company or brand which has been successful for most part).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-26-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Technologoy is moving faster then Stealth

Fingerprint, Amazon...

Not a clue what your talking about here. Any links? please share.

--

P.S. People don't trust companies like Apple to hold onto their fingerprint, hence why Apple store the fingerprint data "locally" on the device (so they say).

So until times change, and people are okay with companies like eBay holding their fingerprint (especially taking into account the data breaches they've had), I don't think that will be an issue.
Old 09-26-2017

Longevity: 63%

IMO, the end will come not from eBay but from Paypal (I think eBay allows some stealth activity to slide because most stealthers make money for them, but they must look like they're being tough). Sooner or later Paypal will want to be treated like a bank so at some point Paypal accounts will be treated like bank accounts and it will be a felony to open Paypal accounts under false pretenses.
Old 09-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml3030 View Post
IMO, the end will come not from eBay but from Paypal (I think eBay allows some stealth activity to slide because most stealthers make money for them, but they must look like they're being tough). Sooner or later Paypal will want to be treated like a bank so at some point Paypal accounts will be treated like bank accounts and it will be a felony to open Paypal accounts under false pretenses.
I do agree paypal seems to be more stricter and its because they are the ones that are doing the actual money transferring and handling the charges. So everyone get ready for a backup plan lol
Old 09-26-2017

Longevity: 73%

He's talking about device fingerprinting, a lot of information is available from font size and style to the applications used to connect to the site... all this aggregated together is the user 'fingerprint'.

It's pretty distinctive.

look at this thread from the past:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...footprint.html

Last edited by dallis; 09-26-2017 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2017

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
He's talking about device fingerprinting, a lot of information is available from font size and style to the applications used to connect to the site... all this aggregated together is the user 'fingerprint'.

It's pretty distinctive.

look at this thread from the past:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...footprint.html
Exactly why I am so paranoid that I create a new user and never do any browsing on user accounts browsers. Way too much cookie information and data tracking for someone to possibly see.
Old 09-27-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
He's talking about device fingerprinting
For a moment I thought there was a new form of authentication using bio-metric fingerprints.

As for device fingerprints, extremely easy to overcome. You just need to put in a few weeks worth of research to understand the different tracking techniques used, and how to effectively overcome each.

--

If your not so tech savvy, then a brand new computer/laptop for each Amazon/eBay/PayPal account you have would suffice.
Old 09-27-2017

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
For a moment I thought there was a new form of authentication using bio-metric fingerprints.
Hypothetically I don't think this would ever work with finger prints. Retina scan, maybe.

Once I had a slave labor job that had a finger print time clock. My finger prints were so banged up from the job the time clock could never read my prints.