Will Etsy ever lift my ban? Is there any way to get around it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 10-06-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Will Etsy ever lift my ban? Is there any way to get around it?

How does a steal/th account work?

I was on e.tsy for about 9 months and my shop EXPLODED. I originally started it because I moved out of state and needed income to get on my feet. I went from making a few hundred in a month to $1.5k $3k and in my final months I was making between $16-22k PER MONTH (selling kids clothes)! Of course with that many sales I was completely swamped with orders and some claims were opened.

I always fixed any claims that were open by either refunding or getting the items out asap.

Everything just happened SO fast and I had no help. I wasn't even able to rent an office or get employees because it was just all happening so fast.

Well too many claims got open and I got shut down. It is so depressing. I didn't get in trouble for non handmade items, didn't get in trouble for trademark, I wasn't scamming people...my shop just got way too big way too fast and as a first time seller I had no idea what to do. E.tsy offered NO support to help me be successful...

Will they ever lift the ban? If not, how can I get another account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2017

Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Will Etsy ever lift my ban? Is there any way to get around it?

This pretty much happened to me - My first etsy store I started selling clothes and it got big really fast and like you I got too many cases opened and my shop was shut down. I tried a few things to get it back but you just have to accept reality and realise your not going to get it back - so instead of wasting time trying just create multiple stealth accounts and start over. As you said you within the first month of your first store you were making good money so you know you can do it again - but this time open a couple and build from there. I now have 4 etsy stores. I recommend you speak to gladiator on the forum - they will give you all the info you need to get going again.

Were you selling items that other people also sold? Or were they unique to your store? You can probably sell the same items again but make the pictures slightly different.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HAHlala For This Useful Post:
Gisellyelly (10-08-2018), Gladiator (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - it is kind of doubtable that etsy will reinstate you. You should get in touch with them and find out solutions.

In the meantime, learn stealth - apply to Etsy and make multiple accounts
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Did they send you a notice if you "resolve" the claims they'd let you keep the store? Honestly I'd say you're getting or have already gotten a ton of feedback that's negative so I'd look into opening more shops and moving on.
Old 10-07-2017
EtsyGirl

Longevity: 0%

was your stuff really handmade or not?
If it is just alter the designs and re open under stealth
Old 10-07-2017

Longevity: 72%

Selling stuff you don't have and taking orders for things you can't provide is a reason to kick you off even if you reimbursed the buyers.

You can't get back on with your original info, you can get back on with stealth, but the truth is if this happens again you need to be more responsible. Don't take orders you can't fill.

There's an old saying about the stock market: Bulls make money and Bears make money, but pigs just get slaughtered.

Don't be a pig.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-19-2017), Gladiator (10-07-2017), natashaiera (10-08-2017), newjerseymax (10-19-2017)
Old 10-07-2017
MU

I agree about the orders - should have just set the shop to vacation mode and emailed the buyers about the delay to avoid the issues. I've got hit with WAY too many orders after being featured on Buzzfeed and other places, I just throw up a notice and send an email to get people off my backside. It's annoying, but it's better than disputes and whatnot.
Old 10-07-2017

Gladiator,

Can you please pm me, I would love your help and some advice on setting up stealth properly.

I can't pm you until i get 10 posts...

Thank you!
Old 10-08-2017

Longevity: 69%

If you knew you werent able to accept that many sales then why didn't you adjust your stock accordingly?
Old 10-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrtek View Post
Gladiator,

Can you please pm me, I would love your help and some advice on setting up stealth properly.

I can't pm you until i get 10 posts...

Thank you!
Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth
Old 10-10-2017

Longevity: 52%

The only way for You is to try contacting ET.sy (email/call even better) and talk to them as smart as you can. If not - welcome to stealth world :D! By the way, may I know how had your shop explode in sales? Have You done much advertising or people just found your product through et.sy / google?
Old 10-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Selling stuff you don't have and taking orders for things you can't provide is a reason to kick you off even if you reimbursed the buyers.

You can't get back on with your original info, you can get back on with stealth, but the truth is if this happens again you need to be more responsible. Don't take orders you can't fill.

There's an old saying about the stock market: Bulls make money and Bears make money, but pigs just get slaughtered.

Don't be a pig.
All of my items were handmade and made to order. I offered hundreds of items so I didn’t have all sizes and designs but on hand. As I said in my original message, it all happened so fast. In my last months I did go on vacation mode, but it was too late.
Old 10-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
This pretty much happened to me - My first etsy store I started selling clothes and it got big really fast and like you I got too many cases opened and my shop was shut down. I tried a few things to get it back but you just have to accept reality and realise your not going to get it back - so instead of wasting time trying just create multiple stealth accounts and start over. As you said you within the first month of your first store you were making good money so you know you can do it again - but this time open a couple and build from there. I now have 4 etsy stores. I recommend you speak to gladiator on the forum - they will give you all the info you need to get going again.

Were you selling items that other people also sold? Or were they unique to your store? You can probably sell the same items again but make the pictures slightly different.
Yeah, that is pretty much what happened to me. It was my first time ever doing something like this so it was a huge learning experience for me. I advertise on IG now, but they've changed the algorithm making it harder for small shops to get noticed on there.

It sucks because I entirely know that the situation was out of control, but it was so unintentional. Man, the things I would do differently if I could do it again :(
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggxoxoukulm For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-19-2017), Gisellyelly (10-08-2018)
Old 10-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1001 View Post
The only way for You is to try contacting ET.sy (email/call even better) and talk to them as smart as you can. If not - welcome to stealth world :D! By the way, may I know how had your shop explode in sales? Have You done much advertising or people just found your product through et.sy / google?
I tried reaching out to them, but it was just like talking to a robot. I couldn't get anyone on the phone and it would take several emails on my end to get them to respond. I am not sure how or why I exploded, but it was insane.
The Following User Says Thank You to ggxoxoukulm For This Useful Post:
Gisellyelly (10-08-2018)
Old 10-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by natashaiera View Post
If you knew you werent able to accept that many sales then why didn't you adjust your stock accordingly?
My items were handmade and made to order. I have hundreds of items that came in a dozen sizes, it would have been impossible to have them all on hand and ready to go. That is very normal, being made to order.
Old 10-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
I agree about the orders - should have just set the shop to vacation mode and emailed the buyers about the delay to avoid the issues. I've got hit with WAY too many orders after being featured on Buzzfeed and other places, I just throw up a notice and send an email to get people off my backside. It's annoying, but it's better than disputes and whatnot.
It was too late. I did go in vacation mode. In like 3 weeks I went from making 8k a months to 18k when there is that big of a change, that quick it is easier said than done as far as knowing when and what to do.

If I could redo it, of course I would do things differently.
Old 10-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Did they send you a notice if you "resolve" the claims they'd let you keep the store? Honestly I'd say you're getting or have already gotten a ton of feedback that's negative so I'd look into opening more shops and moving on.
They did. They gave me a time frame to get all open orders done, and I did (or refunded what I couldn't) but they still closed it
Old 10-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyGirl View Post
was your stuff really handmade or not?
If it is just alter the designs and re open under stealth
Everything was handmade
Old 10-19-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggxoxoukulm View Post
It was too late. I did go in vacation mode. In like 3 weeks I went from making 8k a months to 18k when there is that big of a change, that quick it is easier said than done as far as knowing when and what to do.

Making, or selling?

Same thing happened to me on eBay years back. One of my listings took off like crazy, selling 150-200 a day. I couldn't keep product OR shipping materials in stock! lol
Old 10-19-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggxoxoukulm View Post

That sucks. At least it wasn't for copyright/other reasons.
Old 08-17-2018

Longevity: 32%

I am in need of serious help in opening an Etsy account under stealth.

What do I need to get started?

New IP, New Bank, New Address, New Name?
Old 08-26-2018

Longevity: 32%

Gladiator please could you help me get an eTSY STEALTH account also ?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahjb For This Useful Post:
Gisellyelly (10-08-2018)