Super-limited paypal (can't refund customers) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-10-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Super-limited paypal (can't refund customers)

https://imgur.com/a/X1hH9.jpg
Upload a photo ID
Provide proof of your address
Confirm a bank
Confirm your Social Security number
Provide information on account activity

Account impact: CANNOT:
Withdraw
Receive
Send
Refund
Pay

^The above is very fishy because I didn't even log in or sell anything during the dates they reference.

This post is in contrast with others, which still allow refunds (like https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...imitation.html)

I called PayPal regarding another account that had no activity (pay or receive) that also had the same above super-limitation. I was given an insta-ban. All that stealth account did was log in and browse from a popular VPN.

This is why I ask: in this situation, where i sold about 10-20 generic household items from a USA paypal to USA customers and had 100% positive feedback on small items $5-$50, is it worthwhile giving them documents to try to salvage the account, or are they just toying with me and will ban no matter what.

I am not even sure whether I can get the money (between $300 - $1000) out of this account after 180 days. Not even sure when the 180 days starts because there was no email notification; only when I log in does it say to check the Resolution tab. So I am afraid of waiting 180 days and then finding out I didn't even start the clock on those days. These and other accounts got banned at the same time for using VPN (there were no other relationships between the accounts and i keep records of so many details). Please guide me and others in this situation with your hard-won wisdom.

Last edited by SaiJin; 10-10-2017 at 07:52 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Super-limited paypal (can't refund customers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortes View Post
This is why I ask: in this situation, where i sold about 10-20 generic household items from a USA paypal to USA customers and had 100% positive feedback on small items $5-$50, is it worthwhile buying documents to try to salvage the account, or are they just toying with me and will ban no matter what.
Based on the laundry list requested and your use of a public VPN, I would say odds are very low for reinstatement...but that's just my opinion. Can't hurt to try - if you can meet their demands.
Old 10-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Maybe the VPN was a lil too popular?
Old 10-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Popular VPN = abused, overused, scammer used VPN.
Old 10-10-2017
Threadstarter  

Thank you very much for taking the time to post the replies.

Yes, I did not expect to become a poster child for stupid mistakes. Using the paid but popular VPN worked on a small scale, i increased sales slowly, went slow, over a few months, just when you feel a bit more comfortable, they take it all away, all the accounts, in one fell swoop. Maximum ambush.

There are two questions that I and others in my situation would really want to know. Perhaps you can speculate about:

1) whether there is significant chance (>40%?) that they money in "super-limited" paypal accounts (those that can't even send refunds) will be available for withdraw after 180 days?

2)how can i know and make sure the 180 day clock has been started if I didn't receive any notice via email or text to that effect. The only way I knew something was wrong was when I couldn't buy something on eBay and i went to the Resolutions tab in my Paypal.
Old 10-10-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,546 Times in 2,199 Posts
Activity: 58%
Longevity: 91%

Welcome to the forums. One of the best things you can do is read the eBay Stealth.

About VPN, you can get it at IPBurger.com, this way you have a Fresh IP to use.
Old 10-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortes View Post
Thank you very much for taking the time to post the replies.

Yes, I did not expect to become a poster child for stupid mistakes. Using the paid but popular VPN worked on a small scale, i increased sales slowly, went slow, over a few months, just when you feel a bit more comfortable, they take it all away, all the accounts, in one fell swoop. Maximum ambush.

There are two questions that I and others in my situation would really want to know. Perhaps you can speculate about:

1) whether there is significant chance (>40%?) that they money in "super-limited" paypal accounts (those that can't even send refunds) will be available for withdraw after 180 days?

2)how can i know and make sure the 180 day clock has been started if I didn't receive any notice via email or text to that effect. The only way I knew something was wrong was when I couldn't buy something on eBay and i went to the Resolutions tab in my Paypal.
1. Only PP knows for sure - no one can state 100% but chances usually are good

2. 180 day clock starts from day of limitation
Old 10-13-2017

Send a message via Skype™ to butler620

I am in the same boat as you, super limited PayPal account. I can’t send refunds etc! I’m hoping I can get my money after 180 days, I’ve submitted DL and passport both were refused. Not happy 😩
Old 10-13-2017

Longevity: 72%

that account is burnt as burnt can get. might as well have sold pure colombian cocaine on there and got bagged red handed.

stealth time
Old 10-14-2017
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

If they are requesting a SSN, that is the kiss of death