Linking new paypal to ebay stealth.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-10-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Linking new paypal to ebay stealth....

I'm just wondering if I'm playing with fire here. I LLC'd my business and created a paypal account with bank account in the company's name. Will I be taking a risk if I link it to a eBay Stealth account? The current paypal account for the eBay Stealth is in my father's name (who has a different last name). In the new paypal account, while it's all in my company name, I believe they did ask for my name when signing up. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-11-2017

Longevity: 37%
Default Re: Linking new paypal to ebay stealth....

As long as your father's Paypal account is in good standing there shouldn't be any problems to switch to a new Paypal account. The only problem is if the old Paypal ever gets problems they may restrict your company Paypal as well until you solve those problems. But if you won't use the old Paypal anymore it will be completely fine.
Old 10-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochy View Post
As long as your father's Paypal account is in good standing there shouldn't be any problems to switch to a new Paypal account. The only problem is if the old Paypal ever gets problems they may restrict your company Paypal as well until you solve those problems. But if you won't use the old Paypal anymore it will be completely fine.
So eBay won't know it's me? Even though my name and address is linked to an eBay account that was suspended in 2012? Although the paypal account is in a company name, paypal has my actual name in the account settings.
Old 10-11-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,249 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 61%

I would wait also for experienced members to chime in and I would collect more opinions on the specific issue.
Old 10-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
I would wait also for experienced members to chime in and I would collect more opinions on the specific issue.
Absolutely! Thanks.
Old 10-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToThePartyPal View Post
I'm just wondering if I'm playing with fire here. I LLC'd my business and created a paypal account with bank account in the company's name. Will I be taking a risk if I link it to a eBay Stealth account? The current paypal account for the eBay Stealth is in my father's name (who has a different last name). In the new paypal account, while it's all in my company name, I believe they did ask for my name when signing up. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
So you have a legit business paypal and a stealth ebay account. Has the business paypal been associated with another ebay account previously? Has the stealth ebay account been associated with another paypal account previously?

If yes, to either of those 2 questions, then what happened to the previously accounts that were associated?

If these are both unassociated with other accounts then you may want to consider changing the ebay to a business ebay. That way you could make the ebay and paypal match. But this is also not necessary if you dont want to do it. I mention this because by doing this, you would be making the ebay into a legit ebay as well. This would make it very easy to verify information when needed.

It is frowned upon to use others information, but imo, if you have your fathers permission and he is aware of it then it is no different than it being his account and you being an authorized user on his account. Just be careful not to do anything that would fall back on him.
Old 10-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
So you have a legit business paypal and a stealth ebay account. Has the business paypal been associated with another ebay account previously? Has the stealth ebay account been associated with another paypal account previously?

If yes, to either of those 2 questions, then what happened to the previously accounts that were associated?

If these are both unassociated with other accounts then you may want to consider changing the ebay to a business ebay. That way you could make the ebay and paypal match. But this is also not necessary if you dont want to do it. I mention this because by doing this, you would be making the ebay into a legit ebay as well. This would make it very easy to verify information when needed.

It is frowned upon to use others information, but imo, if you have your fathers permission and he is aware of it then it is no different than it being his account and you being an authorized user on his account. Just be careful not to do anything that would fall back on him.
Thanks for your time. The stealth eBay and paypal account in father's name were only used for each other for almost 5 years now. I would deposit paypal funds into his account and he would write me a check 4 or 5 times a year. I wanted to eliminate that process and get my own business bank account, so I did. So the brand new paypal account has not been linked to any eBay account at all. It was used on the same IP address as the paypal account in my dad's name. I made a friends & family transfer from his account to brand new business account for an amount exceeding $3000. So those paypal accounts are likely linked. But what about if I use the new business account with eBay account? That way I can just no longer use dad's paypal account?
Old 10-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

As long as the previously paypal that was attached to the stealth ebay was not limited or suspended then I do not see an issue, especially since those 2 paypals are already suspected to be linked. A link does not cause suspension or limitation unless something they are linked too has been limited or suspended. Unless I am missing something, I think you are good 2 go.
Old 10-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
As long as the previously paypal that was attached to the stealth ebay was not limited or suspended then I do not see an issue, especially since those 2 paypals are already suspected to be linked. A link does not cause suspension or limitation unless something they are linked too has been limited or suspended. Unless I am missing something, I think you are good 2 go.
Thank you. I'd like a couple more people to verify before I go ahead and make the change.
Old 10-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToThePartyPal View Post
Thank you. I'd like a couple more people to verify before I go ahead and make the change.
Hah that made me laugh needs more posts...good one
Old 10-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Hah that made me laugh needs more posts...good one
Well thank you
Old 10-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Bumping post