Unable to link Pp and eB accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-16-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Unable to link Pp and eB accounts

I have a pp account created with a credit union but was unable to withdraw my funds because the bank rejected the transfer due to the fact the names don't match. I decided to use the funds to buy items for a relative through their eB account and just have them pay me in cash, it didn't go through, kept saying I should choose a different payment method or call Pp. I then created my own eB account but was unable to link my Pp to eB, but when I called pp after several calls they were able to link the pp to eB account but I was still unable to pay for anything. I tried buying a digital eB gift card for like $10 as a test but it wouldn't work. After contacting pp again, they said there's no issue with my account maybe the seller's account had problems and I should use another payment method or buy from from a different seller. This sounded strange because the seller is an authorised eB giftcard seller with over 200k gift cards sold. I still tried another seller, same problem.

I proceeded to use another pp account which had no bank account attached because I had removed it the moment the bank account was closed. I created an eB account but was having problems linking it to Pp. It's almost as if they want me to sign up for a new Pp account or something. I've searched online and a lot of people seem to have this problem but no viable solutions. Will appreciate any help from this forum.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Unable to link Pp and eB accounts

Sounds like a soft limit on your account which is preventing you from sending payments.
And buying gift cards is the WORST thing you could possibly attempt to do in such a situation as there is plenty of fraud they deal with when it comes to those.
How old is the account? how many payments did you send with it in the past? Sounds like a trust issue - as in not enough trust in the account.
More info please.
Old 10-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Sounds like a soft limit on your account which is preventing you from sending payments.
And buying gift cards is the WORST thing you could possibly attempt to do in such a situation as there is plenty of fraud they deal with when it comes to those.
How old is the account? how many payments did you send with it in the past? Sounds like a trust issue - as in not enough trust in the account.
More info please.
Oh the account was opened in July of this year. I'm a freelance, I only use it on reputable freelancing sites. I've not send out any money up until today where I sent $130 as goods and services. I know gift cards are risky but it was a $10 eB gift card from eB themselves, not sure what the problem is but I'm thinking I will slowly empty out the account sending as goods and services and a few as friends and family, I don't know how frequent I should do this though and it really sucks sending as gns due to the fees