Can I add new PP Account w/same name, different bank/address to existing eBay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-25-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Can I add new PP Account w/same name, different bank/address to existing eBay account

Hi,

I have a PayPal account, which has been limited for lack of providing an SS#. If I link a new PayPal account in the same name, but with a different fresh bank account and address, and link it to an existing eBay account that is in good standing but was previously linked to the PayPal account that was limited due to not providing the SS#, is that legitimate as far as PayPal are concerned? Will PayPal limit or suspend the new PayPal account?

I know PayPal either allows you to make up to 200 transactions or $20,000 per year before they limit your account if you do not provide an SS#. So for the new account, I'll be fine with that.

Thanks in advance for any help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Can I add new PP Account w/same name, different bank/address to existing eBay acc

Any comments?
Old 09-29-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Can I add new PP Account w/same name, different bank/address to existing eBay acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by koo View Post
Will PayPal limit or suspend the new PayPal account?
Yes, sooner or later they will since linked to the previously limited account. It is not a matter of SSN here it is a link problem.
You should start fresh with a new eBay and PayPal account... sorry.
Old 09-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

It can work, but only for a few weeks generally. If you get lucky a few months

You are better off starting totally from scratch with a new eBay & a new PayPal
Old 09-29-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks ilcarletto & JamesNorth101,

I’m trying to avoid getting a new eBay account due to the perfect feedback I’ve accumulated.

What will actually happen if the accounts get linked? For your information, during the course of a year, I have two PayPal accounts, which are in different names and addresses, which I interchangeably attach to a single eBay account. Each PayPal account typically last about 5 months before I exceed their respective limits, and then I rotate them.

In January of each year, PayPal reset the counter on all accounts so to speak, so I can start fresh. I start by using PayPal account (A) with the eBay account. When that account exceeds PayPal’s limits, they limit that PayPal account. I then attach PayPal account (B) to the same eBay account and carry on until the same happens to PayPal account (B). I believe they get limited because I go over their limit of 200 transactions.

I think PayPal account (A) and (B) have already been linked, because I’ve purchased things in the past, using PayPal (A) and had them shipped to the address of PayPal (B).

Keep in mind, when I open the new PayPal account, it will have to be in my name, which is the same name on PayPal account (A), but will be at a different address with a fresh bank account.

Thanks again.
Old 10-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Any comments?

Thanks
Old 10-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Following on from my post above on September 29...

I agree that it would be better to start fresh with a new eBay account, I cannot because of the feedback I have on that eBay account. The question is, why don't you think PayPal limited my account for interchanging two PayPal accounts with the same eBay account in the past, which I've been interchanging twice per year for the past 4 years?

Thank you!